PDA

View Full Version : Either the BP Oil Gusher Has Just Completely Blown Out, or BP is Implementing LM

MNeagle
28th May 2010, 06:27 PM
Either the BP Oil Gusher Has Just Completely Blown Out, or BP is Implementing LMRP RIGHT NOW

I took a break from work, and watched the live feed for a minute. I either just saw the whole thing entirely blow out, or BP is implementing LMRP or hot tap right now.

Specifically, I saw a HUGE rain of white clumps and particles which are either foam-like objects used in a junk shot or methane hydrates.

Then all of the water within the camera view got very, very dark. When I looked more closely, I could make out the outline of massive jet-black plumes of oil rising from below the camera.

This is either very, very bad, or BP has abandoned the top kill/junk shots altogether and is in the middle of surgery where it has already cut off sections of the BOP and/or riser, and is trying to cap it off with a sealing grommet.

I pray it is the latter.

video at link

To put this in perspective, CNN previously quoted the commandant of the Coast Guard, Admiral Thad Allen, as stating:

If we lost a total well head, it could be 100,000 barrels or more a day.

Indeed, an environmental document filed by the company running the oil drilling rig - BP - estimates the maximum as 162,000 barrels a day:

In an exploration plan and environmental impact analysis filed with the federal government in February 2009, BP said it had the capability to handle a “worst-case scenario” at the Deepwater Horizon site, which the document described as a leak of 162,000 barrels per day from an uncontrolled blowout — 6.8 million gallons each day.

Link to Article (http://www.zerohedge.com/article/either-bp-oil-gusher-has-just-blown-out-or-bp-implementing-lmrp-right-now?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+zerohedge%2Ffeed+%28zero+hedg e+-+on+a+long+enough+timeline%2C+the+survival+rate+fo r+everyone+drops+to+zero%29)

EDIT: Changed long link to named link to prevent horizontal scrolling. -Gaillo

joe_momma
28th May 2010, 06:37 PM
But, but....

0bama promised that "today was the day the oceans would heal......"

(the stupid little sh*t hasn't a clue how to address issues 5,000 ft deep - waving a piece of chalk or ghost written book seems to not work - oh, wait, the worse the leak becomes the more his position of no more drilling becomes acceptable, hmmm , I wonder......)

LA and FL are in for a bad summer - hope they like the smell of hydrocarbons...

Tonkin gulf, Pearl Harbor, "deep water" ....

EE_
28th May 2010, 06:47 PM
Obama could help with the repair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLDy_BYum1o

MNeagle
28th May 2010, 06:53 PM
EE: I suspect that video will go viral very quickly!! lol!

osoab
28th May 2010, 07:39 PM
I happened to be watching @ the moment it blew this evening. The ROV then kind of sat in place then they sent it up.

I just missed this morning's blow. I was watching the new leak at the bent riser on the bottom left side. Just above this is another leak that has a "chicken foot print" below it.

I haven't seen a pic of the BOP and riser since this last blow. They are currently showing the end of the riser. They are not showing the crater though @ the same angle as a couple of days ago.

Some one has a youtube of the blowout this morning.

This is too unfrickin real.

mojo
28th May 2010, 08:21 PM
ROV is working on it again. Looks like less flow than before right now. Well maybe not.

Looks more like mud than oil.