29th May 2010, 12:36 AM
Vid at link.

Arrests Made In Deerfield Beach Shooting

http://www.justnews.com/2010/0528/23708870_400X225.jpg
Willie F. Perry

Two Deerfield Beach Teenagers Remain Hospitalized After Shooting

POSTED: Thursday, May 27, 2010
UPDATED: 1:17 pm EDT May 28, 2010

DEERFIELD BEACH, Fla. -- Two teens are fighting for their lives and two suspects are in custody following a dispute Thursday night, according to the Broward Sheriff's Office.

Around 9:50 p.m. Thursday, Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to the 900 block of S.W. 15th Street for a reported shooting. When they arrived, they found 15-year-old Justin Perry, an eighth-grader at Deerfield Beach Middle School, shot multiple times.

The shooter, Carlos Young, 16, was with Tyrail Brantley, also 16, when Perry was shot, police said.

Brantley and Young fled the scene. After police searched the area, they found Young and took him into custody.

About 30 minutes after the first shooting, police said 32-year-old Willie F. Perry, the victim’s father, went to Brantley’s house and shot Brantley.

“Both of them suffered gunshot wounds. They were considered trauma alerts with serious to potentially critical injuries," BSO spokesman Mike Jachles told Local 10,

The elder Perry fled the scene.

Around 12:15 a.m. Friday, Perry was arrested when he showed up at the hospital to visit his son.

Perry’s cousin, who did not want to be identified, told Local 10 there’s been an ongoing battle between two groups in the neighborhood.

“I believe it could have been gang-related," the cousin told Local 10's Constance Jones. "Or he might have been at the wrong spot at the wrong time and got caught in the crossfire."

The teens were rushed to the hospitals as trauma patients. Their current condition is unknown.

Young and Willie Perry face attempted murder charges.

Grand Master Melon
29th May 2010, 12:52 AM
Not to be a dick but what makes this noteworthy?

wildcard
29th May 2010, 12:59 AM
Why'd you click on it if it didn't interest you? :P

Grand Master Melon
29th May 2010, 01:02 AM

I thought maybe there was some big thing that happened. Turns out it was just dumbasses shooting people like anywhere else.

wildcard
29th May 2010, 01:05 AM
It's good to remember that there are dumbasses out there shooting people. People never think "today is the day some banger is gonna put one in me."

Olmstein
29th May 2010, 01:20 AM

I thought maybe there was some big thing that happened. Turns out it was just dumbasses shooting people like anywhere else.

Gotta agree with Grand Master Melon here. This is a local news story that doesn't really belong here at GSUS.

And if I lived in Broward County, FL, I probably would think "today is the day some banger is gonna put one in me."

wildcard
29th May 2010, 01:21 AM
Fine. Everyone is a critic. Where's your hot news for GSUS? Oh yeah. That's right.