PDA

View Full Version : 1000 mexican libertads

j-son
30th May 2010, 07:51 AM
check out how the mexican mint packages 500 count lots of libertads....not too good.

http://forums.silverseek.com/showthread.php?13650-Ouch!-How-NOT-to-deliver-coins

mamboni
30th May 2010, 08:21 AM
This is from a government-sponsored mint? No wonder Mexico is in such pathetic shape.

MNeagle
30th May 2010, 08:27 AM
I got the impression it was from a bank, not the mint.

The coins didn't come from the mint, my dealer has obviously got them in bank rolls from the main Mexico bank. They were in 2 cloth bags of 500 ounces in the bucket, yes, bucket.

I reiterate, these have come from the bank, not the mint. To see .999 bullion in old-style paper rolls was startling.

gunDriller
30th May 2010, 04:35 PM
This is from a government-sponsored mint? No wonder Mexico is in such pathetic shape.

i bought 4 Libertads last time I went to Tijuana. maybe next time i'll get more.

what caught my attention was the candied sweet potatoes they sell in the candy shops. crawling with live wasps or jellowjackets or something, in an open air market. next too all the gummi bears etc. that shop was not crowded, but most of the other shops were.

basically if you buy quantity (of Libertads) i guess you need to bring your own rolls and check it right at the bank. and re-roll them there.

that's 70 pounds of silver !

i didn't understand if the guy who bought the 1000 Libertads got them mail-order or made the trip across the border himself. so basically he gave the Mexican bank about $19000 and they gave him 1000 Libertads.

normally the border has a trouble with people crossing with more than $10,000 in cash, coming into the US. what is their response to some guy with $19,000 in silver ?

j-son
30th May 2010, 04:41 PM

i bought 4 Libertads last time I went to Tijuana. maybe next time i'll get more.

what caught my attention was the candied sweet potatoes they sell in the candy shops. crawling with live wasps or jellowjackets or something, in an open air market. next too all the gummi bears etc. that shop was not crowded, but most of the other shops were.

basically if you buy quantity (of Libertads) i guess you need to bring your own rolls and check it right at the bank. and re-roll them there.

that's 70 pounds of silver !

i didn't understand if the guy who bought the 1000 Libertads got them mail-order or made the trip across the border himself. so basically he gave the Mexican bank about $19000 and they gave him 1000 Libertads.

normally the border has a trouble with people crossing with more than $10,000 in cash, coming into the US. what is their response to some guy with $19,000 in silver ?

the guy that bought them was in United Kingdom.