PDA

View Full Version : Why two creation accounts?

Ash_Williams
31st May 2010, 01:59 PM
Genesis starts off with two creation accounts basically one after another.
God creates Heaven, Earth, Plants, Fish and Fowl, Animals, a beast, and Man and women.
Then the LORD God creates plants and a man, animals, women..

So what's the reason for this? What's the "sunday school" answer?

To me it clearly sounds like two creations by two different Gods. They even make a point of specifying it's the "LORD God" for the second one.

Horn
31st May 2010, 02:01 PM
I thought you were talking about sock puppets at first...then I realized it was the aliens... ;)

7th trump
31st May 2010, 02:18 PM
Genesis starts off with two creation accounts basically one after another.
God creates Heaven, Earth, Plants, Fish and Fowl, Animals, a beast, and Man and women.
Then the LORD God creates plants and a man, animals, women..

So what's the reason for this? What's the "sunday school" answer?

To me it clearly sounds like two creations by two different Gods. They even make a point of specifying it's the "LORD God" for the second one.

Nope........what you are reading are the 6th day creation (all the different races) and then the 8th day creation the anglo saxon who Jesus would come through.
Glad I'm not the only one on this board that see it.

StackerKen
31st May 2010, 06:52 PM
Have you ever had someone tell you the general outlines of a story and then later fill in some of the details?

Here is a good answer Ash

http://www.gotquestions.org/two-creation-accounts.html

Saul Mine
31st May 2010, 07:07 PM
It's called a flashback. It's a normal literary device. You never heard of a flashback?

G2Rad
31st May 2010, 11:47 PM
It's called a flashback. It's a normal literary device. You never heard of a flashback?

It also called two edged sword.

it alway fascinated me that all books of the world are for readers to judge, while the Bible is to judge the reader :) .

what if I say that it is in there to discern reader's hart?

The Bible was not written to maximize the revenue.

;D

Ash_Williams
1st June 2010, 07:29 AM
I read it plainly though, no verbal gymnastics. I agree that the conflicts can be reconciled (ie he recreated animals that already existed to get Adam to name them) but I don't think they are meant to be.

When God creates men and women in his likeness/image, what does that mean? They look like him? Why are they to replenish the earth, not just populate it? Adam and Eve get kicked out of the garden as the first two humans... so why does the guard for the garden have a sword? Only two humans around you wouldn't think someone would have invented a sword already. Could be those words (image, sword, replenish) mean something different in Hebrew but a plain English reading suggests some sort of human or human-looking things exists before LORD God creates Adam.

StackerKen
1st June 2010, 11:26 AM
A “mistranslation” has contributed to the case for this misinterpretation. In the King James Version of the Bible, God says to Adam, “Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.” Proponents of this view emphasize the word “replenish.” They interpret the text as saying that Adam and Eve were to refill the Earth. They were to fill it again. The problem with this view is that, regardless of what it says in English translations, the Hebrew word is male’ and it simply means to fill or to be full. Moreover, the English translators of the King James Version knew the word means to fill. They chose “replenish” because in 17th century Elizabethan English “replenish” meant “to fill” (similar to how in modern English the word “replete” doesn’t mean to “abound again,” it simply means “abundant” or “abounding”). Language is not static, but dynamic. Words change meaning over time. Today “replenish” means “to fill again.” It didn’t mean the same thing in 17th century England. Nearly all modern translations translate male’ as simply “fill” in the passage in question (Genesis 1:28).

Genesis 1:28 (NIV)
28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

7th trump
1st June 2010, 01:29 PM
I read it plainly though, no verbal gymnastics. I agree that the conflicts can be reconciled (ie he recreated animals that already existed to get Adam to name them) but I don't think they are meant to be.

When God creates men and women in his likeness/image, what does that mean? They look like him? Why are they to replenish the earth, not just populate it? Adam and Eve get kicked out of the garden as the first two humans... so why does the guard for the garden have a sword? Only two humans around you wouldn't think someone would have invented a sword already. Could be those words (image, sword, replenish) mean something different in Hebrew but a plain English reading suggests some sort of human or human-looking things exists before LORD God creates Adam.

We are replenishing the earth in the flesh body now because we were here before in the first earth age in the spiritual body when satan revolted and God destroyed the first earth age because of satans revolt. God destroyed the earth age so we can decide without any physical evidence of satan or God from the past earth age to make the decision for us. God wants our love and he needs to know who loves Him and who loves satan.
See my thread on the three earth ages. Its all there if you have ears to hear and eye to see.

7th trump
1st June 2010, 01:33 PM
A “mistranslation” has contributed to the case for this misinterpretation. In the King James Version of the Bible, God says to Adam, “Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.” Proponents of this view emphasize the word “replenish.” They interpret the text as saying that Adam and Eve were to refill the Earth. They were to fill it again. The problem with this view is that, regardless of what it says in English translations, the Hebrew word is male’ and it simply means to fill or to be full. Moreover, the English translators of the King James Version knew the word means to fill. They chose “replenish” because in 17th century Elizabethan English “replenish” meant “to fill” (similar to how in modern English the word “replete” doesn’t mean to “abound again,” it simply means “abundant” or “abounding”). Language is not static, but dynamic. Words change meaning over time. Today “replenish” means “to fill again.” It didn’t mean the same thing in 17th century England. Nearly all modern translations translate male’ as simply “fill” in the passage in question (Genesis 1:28).

28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

Hey ken,
Instead of acting like green and spreading someone elses "traditions of man" why dont you look up the words in a concordence to get the exact meaning from the Greek.

StackerKen
1st June 2010, 01:41 PM

Hey ken,
Instead of acting like green and spreading someone elses "traditions of man" why dont you look up the words in a concordence to get the exact meaning from the Greek.

I just did 7th

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H4390&t=KJV

Doesn't seem to mean "Refill" the earth....justs seems to mean "fill" the earth

1) to fill, be full
a) (Qal)
1) to be full
a) fulness, abundance (participle)
b) to be full, be accomplished, be ended
2) to consecrate, fill the hand
b) (Niphal)
1) to be filled, be armed, be satisfied
2) to be accomplished, be ended
c) (Piel)
1) to fill
2) to satisfy
3) to fulfil, accomplish, complete
4) to confirm

StackerKen
1st June 2010, 01:44 PM
7th.
Adam was the 1st man....how can there have been any men before him??

Ash_Williams
1st June 2010, 01:51 PM
Ok. Fill makes sense to me given the translation. What's do they mean by image though? And was the sword supposed to be a sword or something else?

7th trump
1st June 2010, 03:45 PM
7th.
Adam was the 1st man....how can there have been any men before him??

He was the first flesh man.

StackerKen
1st June 2010, 05:01 PM
Ok. Fill makes sense to me given the translation. What's do they mean by image though? And was the sword supposed to be a sword or something else?

Ash this is a good place for answers

Made in the image of God
http://www.gotquestions.org/image-of-God.html

Im just guessing here. The sword was no doubt metaphoric, and not an actual steel sword made by any man.. It was a flaming sword :)

G2Rad
2nd June 2010, 07:09 AM
Genesis 3:24
So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

The tree of life is an interesting subject. There are hints about it in the Book of Proverbs (http://gold-silver.us/forum/religion-and-philosophy/reading-the-book-of-proverbs/) and in many places throughout the Bible.

Without studying the Bible it is hard to get right associations, because the Word of God is very deep.
There are many levels of understanding. From literal to symbolic.

So why did He put that flaming sword? ??? Why do we need to know about it? ???

On one of the levels the Tree of life is wisdom (http://gold-silver.us/forum/religion-and-philosophy/reading-the-book-of-proverbs/) ( see the link ). ... but the Tree of life is not only that :)

Back to the "flaming sword to keep the way of the tree of life ( or the way of wisdom )"

Notice that the scripture doesn't say that the sword was to keep man from the Tree, rather it was to keep the WAY of the Tree of Life.

So, What is the way? :)

Thomas saith unto him, Lord, ... how can we know the way?
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way :) , the truth, and the life :):

-------------------------------------------------------------

Why that way must be kept? What about other ways?

no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 10:1
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

we know who the door is :)

What about other ways like New Agers, Hindus, Muslims, Buddists, witch-doctors and shamans?

John 10:10
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Jesus came down from heaven and it was only through him that man would be redeemed and partake of the Tree of Life.

--------------

Next,

What is the flaming sword to keep the WAY of the Tree of Life?

In scripture, a sword represents the Word of God. Fire usually represents judgement and God Himself for He declares in His Word that "... our God is a consuming fire" (Hebrews 12:29).

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

-----------------------------

With all that, back to the Genesis 3:24.

Judging and cleansing WORD OF GOD was put out to keep open for men the way of wisdom unto salvation and eternal life.

:)

------------------------

must be willing to hear though :)

Revelation 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

7th trump
2nd June 2010, 08:26 AM
Genesis 3:24
So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

The tree of life is an interesting subject. There are hints about it in the Book of Proverbs (http://gold-silver.us/forum/religion-and-philosophy/reading-the-book-of-proverbs/) and in many places throughout the Bible.

Without studying the Bible it is hard to get right associations, because the Word of God is very deep.
There are many levels of understanding. From literal to symbolic.

So why did He put that flaming sword? ??? Why do we need to know about it? ???

On one of the levels the Tree of life is wisdom (http://gold-silver.us/forum/religion-and-philosophy/reading-the-book-of-proverbs/) ( see the link ). ... but the Tree of life is not only that :)

Back to the "flaming sword to keep the way of the tree of life ( or the way of wisdom )"

Notice that the scripture doesn't say that the sword was to keep man from the Tree, rather it was to keep the WAY of the Tree of Life.

So, What is the way? :)

Thomas saith unto him, Lord, ... how can we know the way?
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way :) , the truth, and the life :):

-------------------------------------------------------------

Why that way must be kept? What about other ways?

no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 10:1
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

we know who the door is :)

What about other ways like New Agers, Hindus, Muslims, Buddists, witch-doctors and shamans?

John 10:10
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Jesus came down from heaven and it was only through him that man would be redeemed and partake of the Tree of Life.

--------------

Next,

What is the flaming sword to keep the WAY of the Tree of Life?

In scripture, a sword represents the Word of God. Fire usually represents judgement and God Himself for He declares in His Word that "... our God is a consuming fire" (Hebrews 12:29).

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

-----------------------------

With all that, back to the Genesis 3:24.

Judging and cleansing WORD OF GOD was put out to keep open for men the way of wisdom unto salvation and eternal life.

------------------------

must be willing to hear though :)

Revelation 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Sometimes G2rad you amaze me.
Here you are saying the Tree of Life is Christ Himself. You are absolutley correct.
I've been saying the Tree of Life is Christ all along, but everyone including yourself said I was wrong and that I was some sort of an idiot.
The stage is set in Genesis between Christ and satan. satan would bruise the heal of Christ and Chjrist would crush the head of satan. The bruising of the heal has already been done when Christ was nailed to the cross by His hands and feet (heal). Christ crushing the head of satan is sybolic to satan being thrown into the firery pit and destroyed.
The Tree of Life is Christ and the tree of knowledge of good and evil that Eve partook of is satan himself. Tghis is a battle over satan wanting to be Christ and the cause of the revolt in the first earth age, the foundation of the world.
Yea sure satan is both the serpent and the tree of knowledge of good and evil. satan talked Eve into partaking of him over the Tree of Life. Problem with most people is that they cant see to understand what they are reading.
satan knowing that God said not to partake off satan talked Eve into anyway. A lot of people think that the tree of knowledge of good and evil and the serpent are two distinct entities when in fact they are not, they are the same individual.
Anyway dont forget that Christ is the Tree of Life that all may attain salvation through Christ whereas satan being the tree of knowledge of good and evil is not salvation, but the knowledge of evil and good. Thats not saying satan is good. Its just stipulating that if you understand evil you'll recognize good as they are the opposite in spectrum.
This was the problem we had with another certain individual on this board over "dualities" that she thought satan was above God because good doesnt exist without evil and vise versa. But what she didnt understand was that Christ is the Tree of Life where you gain life and not perishing and wiped from memory.
Yes there are different levels of understanding of Gods word. You are starting to see the different levels than most on this board.
greenbear didnt understand the various levels, she confused herself by injecting other ideologies instead of taking Gods word for what it says. She remains stuck on introductory level 1 by her own ego of following the traditions of man.
One thing she never did was confirm Gods word by comparing other books with each other, but then again maybe God doesnt want her eyes open in fear she will be held accountable for it and perish.
All the Books of the Bible will confirm other Books and its meaning.

G2Rad
2nd June 2010, 10:29 AM
Yea sure satan is both the serpent and the tree of knowledge of good and evil. satan talked Eve into partaking of him over the Tree of Life.

Problem with most people is that they cant see to understand what they are reading.
satan knowing that God said not to partake off satan talked Eve into anyway. A lot of people think that the tree of knowledge of good and evil and the serpent are two distinct entities when in fact they are not, they are the same individual.

What is knowledge? Does Satan represent knowledge? ???

Pro 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Pro 2:6 For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.

it aint Satan

7th trump
2nd June 2010, 11:20 AM
Yea sure satan is both the serpent and the tree of knowledge of good and evil. satan talked Eve into partaking of him over the Tree of Life.

Problem with most people is that they cant see to understand what they are reading.

What is knowledge? Does Satan represent knowledge? ???

Pro 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Pro 2:6 For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.

it aint Satan

I concur satan is not ALL knowledge. I never said satan was the source of knowledge. I dont know why you think I imply that. Its not me thats having a hard time understanding what exactly is written here. God is just saying that satan is the tree of understanding good and evil........satan after all is evil. Once Eve ate of the tree of good and evil she knew what evil was whereas before she was innocent of knowing evil.
I do agree with God that satan is just a figurative tree of good and evil....................thats it nothing else added to satan other than hes the father of all lies.
Like I said before if you know evil you should recognize good as good is the opposite of evil.
satan (serpent) tells Eve you will be like God if you partake......but thats not being God........big difference!

Ash_Williams
4th June 2010, 11:20 AM
Here you are saying the Tree of Life is Christ Himself. You are absolutely correct.
I've been saying the Tree of Life is Christ all along, but everyone including yourself said I was wrong and that I was some sort of an idiot.

That doesn't make sense to me because then if I were alive in the year 1 BC and I read Genesis I'd have nothing to tie it too. The OT existed on its own for a long time before the NT or Jesus so it should stand on its own and make sense on its own. I'm not religious so I see them really as separate books where the meaning of the first book should not change just because someone wrote a sequel much later.

The likeness/image answer also doesn't work that well for me. When likeness is used in other spots it seems to mean something that looks like something else (typically a graven image). I played with that blueletterbible link but I wasn't able to figure out if all the occurrences of "likeness" were the same word though, or different words originally that they translated to "likeness"

A sword could really be anything, I just wondered if there was a more direct translation 'cause sword as a steel sword didn't make much sense to me.

G2Rad
4th June 2010, 12:53 PM
Here you are saying the Tree of Life is Christ Himself. You are absolutely correct.

That doesn't make sense to me because then if I were alive in the year 1 BC and I read Genesis I'd have nothing to tie it too. The OT existed on its own for a long time before the NT or Jesus so it should stand on its own and make sense on its own. I'm not religious so I see them really as separate books where the meaning of the first book should not change just because someone wrote a sequel much later.

The likeness/image answer also doesn't work that well for me. When likeness is used in other spots it seems to mean something that looks like something else (typically a graven image). I played with that blueletterbible link but I wasn't able to figure out if all the occurrences of "likeness" were the same word though, or different words originally that they translated to "likeness"

A sword could really be anything, I just wondered if there was a more direct translation 'cause sword as a steel sword didn't make much sense to me.

I absolutely agree that there is actual tree, and there is actual sword.

I am just saying that the actual objects are symbolic of figures and events of the future.

Obviously there were multiple choices available as to how to make the tree secure or how make Eve or how to make the World for that matter. Yet sword was selected over en-cagement of the tree and the rib over saliva DNA sample.

StreetsOfGold
8th June 2010, 07:56 AM
The word replenish in 1611 meant to FILL only and NOT to "RE"-fill "as in" do it "again"
The word CHANGED meaning over the years and TODAY it means to Fill up AGAIN

God never promised to preserve meanings of english words ONLY the words themselves.

Greenbear
8th June 2010, 08:22 AM
The word replenish in 1611 meant to FILL only and NOT to "RE"-fill "as in" do it "again"

God never promised to preserve meanings of english words ONLY the words themselves.

Webster's 1828 Dictionary [K-Z]
replenish
REPLEN'ISH, v.t. L. re and plenus, full.

1. To fill; to stock with numbers or abundance. The magazines are replenished with corn. The springs are replenished with water.

Multiply and replenish the earth. Gen. 1.

2. To finish; to complete. Not in use.

REPLEN'ISH, v.i. To recover former fullness

I agree that the primary meaning of the word "Replenish" means "to fill". The secondary meaning is to recover former fullness which is interesting. Obviously, the Bible doesn't teach a former earth age of men before Adam in the Genesis creation account. Without being dogmatic, I believe the Bible indicates that Earth was the location of Satan's throne before his fall but that's a whole different topic.

Here's what David W. Daniels has to say about the word "Replenish":

http://www.chick.com/ask/articles/replenish.asp

Question: Does "replenish" in Genesis 1:28 mean "repopulate," like there was a world before ours?

Answer: Not at all. To "replenish" something means to “fill” it. So Adam and Eve were told only to “fill” the earth, not “refill” it. We can see this is true in both the dictionary definition and in each of the seven times “replenish” is used in the Bible.

Noah Webster’s 1828 Dictionary

In order to understand a classical English word from the King James Bible, we should use a classical English dictionary, like Noah Webster's 1828 dictionary. Here is how it defines the word "replenish".

Here is the dictionary definition of “replenish”:
“To fill; to stock with numbers or abundance. The magazines are replenished with corn. The springs are replenished with water.
‘Multiply, and replenish the earth,’ Genesis 1.”

There are 7 Bible verses that use the word “replenish” or “replenished.” Each time it is used in the Bible, it means “fill” or “filled”:

1. Replenish (fill) the earth

Genesis 1:28
“And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.”

Genesis 9:1
“And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.”

God told Adam and Eve to have many children (be fruitful and multiply) and fill (replenish) the earth with people. Then He repeated the same command to Noah and his sons. “Replenish” simply means “fill” both times.

2. Replenished (filled) from the east

Isaiah 2:6
“Therefore thou hast forsaken thy people the house of Jacob, because they be replenished from the east, and are soothsayers like the Philistines, and they please themselves in the children of strangers.”

Here we learn that God’s people, “the house of Jacob,” were filled (replenished) from the ways of the east. This means they looked to the pagans and adopted their practices.

3. Replenished (filled) every sorrowful soul

Jeremiah 31:25
“For I have satiated the weary soul, and I have replenished every sorrowful soul.”

The words “satiated” and “replenished” are in a parallel format, saying basically the same thing twice. To “satiate” means to “fill.” God tells us that he fills (satiates or replenishes) the weary and sorrowful soul. When we are empty inside, He fills us.

4. Tyrus (Tyre) Replenished (filled) by merchants

Isaiah 23:2
“Be still, ye inhabitants of the isle; thou whom the merchants of Zidon, that pass over the sea, have replenished.”

Those who lived on the island-like city of Tyre (or Tyrus) were filled (replenished) with goods from Zidon’s (Sidon’s) seafaring merchants, who brought their wares from across the Mediterranean Sea.

Ezekiel 26:2
“Son of man, because that Tyrus hath said against Jerusalem, Aha, she is broken that was the gates of the people: she is turned unto me: I shall be replenished, now she is laid waste:”

God describes Tyrus as a person that rejoices against the desolation of Jerusalem. Now that Jerusalem “is laid waste,” Tyrus expects to be filled (replenished) with either the spoils of war, or from the merchants that will no longer stop in Jerusalem to sell their wares.

Ezekiel 27:25
“The ships of Tarshish did sing of thee in thy market: and thou wast replenished, and made very glorious in the midst of the seas.”

The massive trade of the merchants of Tyrus is described in Ezekiel 27:3-24. In verse 25 is the summary. Tyre was filled (replenished) and “made very glorious” among all the nations because of her seafaring merchants.

It is clear from all the above scriptures, “replenish” simply means “fill.”

7th trump
8th June 2010, 08:52 AM

Webster's 1828 Dictionary [K-Z]
replenish
REPLEN'ISH, v.t. L. re and plenus, full.

1. To fill; to stock with numbers or abundance. The magazines are replenished with corn. The springs are replenished with water.

Multiply and replenish the earth. Gen. 1.

2. To finish; to complete. Not in use.

REPLEN'ISH, v.i. To recover former fullness

I agree that the primary meaning of the word "Replenish" means "to fill". The secondary meaning is to recover former fullness which is interesting. Obviously, the Bible doesn't teach a former earth age of men before Adam in the Genesis creation account. Without being dogmatic, I believe the Bible indicates that Earth was the location of Satan's throne before his fall but that's a whole different topic.

Here's what David W. Daniels has to say about the word "Replenish":

http://www.chick.com/ask/articles/replenish.asp

Question: Does "replenish" in Genesis 1:28 mean "repopulate," like there was a world before ours?

Answer: Not at all. To "replenish" something means to “fill” it. So Adam and Eve were told only to “fill” the earth, not “refill” it. We can see this is true in both the dictionary definition and in each of the seven times “replenish” is used in the Bible.

Noah Webster’s 1828 Dictionary

In order to understand a classical English word from the King James Bible, we should use a classical English dictionary, like Noah Webster's 1828 dictionary. Here is how it defines the word "replenish".

Here is the dictionary definition of “replenish”:
“To fill; to stock with numbers or abundance. The magazines are replenished with corn. The springs are replenished with water.
‘Multiply, and replenish the earth,’ Genesis 1.”

There are 7 Bible verses that use the word “replenish” or “replenished.” Each time it is used in the Bible, it means “fill” or “filled”:

1. Replenish (fill) the earth

Genesis 1:28
“And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.”

Genesis 9:1
“And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.”

God told Adam and Eve to have many children (be fruitful and multiply) and fill (replenish) the earth with people. Then He repeated the same command to Noah and his sons. “Replenish” simply means “fill” both times.

2. Replenished (filled) from the east

Isaiah 2:6
“Therefore thou hast forsaken thy people the house of Jacob, because they be replenished from the east, and are soothsayers like the Philistines, and they please themselves in the children of strangers.”

Here we learn that God’s people, “the house of Jacob,” were filled (replenished) from the ways of the east. This means they looked to the pagans and adopted their practices.

3. Replenished (filled) every sorrowful soul

Jeremiah 31:25
“For I have satiated the weary soul, and I have replenished every sorrowful soul.”

The words “satiated” and “replenished” are in a parallel format, saying basically the same thing twice. To “satiate” means to “fill.” God tells us that he fills (satiates or replenishes) the weary and sorrowful soul. When we are empty inside, He fills us.

4. Tyrus (Tyre) Replenished (filled) by merchants

Isaiah 23:2
“Be still, ye inhabitants of the isle; thou whom the merchants of Zidon, that pass over the sea, have replenished.”

Those who lived on the island-like city of Tyre (or Tyrus) were filled (replenished) with goods from Zidon’s (Sidon’s) seafaring merchants, who brought their wares from across the Mediterranean Sea.

Ezekiel 26:2
“Son of man, because that Tyrus hath said against Jerusalem, Aha, she is broken that was the gates of the people: she is turned unto me: I shall be replenished, now she is laid waste:”

God describes Tyrus as a person that rejoices against the desolation of Jerusalem. Now that Jerusalem “is laid waste,” Tyrus expects to be filled (replenished) with either the spoils of war, or from the merchants that will no longer stop in Jerusalem to sell their wares.

Ezekiel 27:25
“The ships of Tarshish did sing of thee in thy market: and thou wast replenished, and made very glorious in the midst of the seas.”

The massive trade of the merchants of Tyrus is described in Ezekiel 27:3-24. In verse 25 is the summary. Tyre was filled (replenished) and “made very glorious” among all the nations because of her seafaring merchants.

It is clear from all the above scriptures, “replenish” simply means “fill.”

As always green you bring in traditions of man into the equation. You are definitely one who sews handerchiefs over gods outreaching hands to cover up the truth. You may do this involuntary but you do cover the truth up with lies.
Everyone I wouldnt listen to closely to green. She always bring in someones personal interpretation instead of listening to what the Father has to say.
People, its your choice to listen to people like greenbear who listens and beleives man or read from the Bible itself and get the facts straight from God Himself.
And yes green the Bible does mention of a previous earth age, an age when lucifer revolted, before man was to be born from the bag of waters (woman) from this revolt.
I have started a thread called the three earth ages and I do suggest you go take a look at what God has to say about it before listening to greenbear who dictates to others the traditions and ways of man.
Your problem green is you dont understand Gods word and inject lies to take the place of voids where you do not understand.

Greenbear
8th June 2010, 10:14 AM
I find you to be very bizarre and, unfortunately, you have never written anything that I found to be worthwhile to read, so I must put you on ignore. I don't mean to be rude but really your posts are just too strange for words.

7th trump
8th June 2010, 10:45 AM
I find you to be very bizarre and, unfortunately, you have never written anything that I found to be worthwhile to read, so I must put you on ignore. I don't mean to be rude but really your posts are just too strange for words.

If you find me bizzare you must find the Bible bizzare as well because everything I say comes directly from the Bible.
Make no mistake about it greenbear................I'm not the one waffling from one interpretation to the next interpretation. I'm not the one confused like you demonstrate.
I mean how many different people and their theory's do you have to prop up on a stick and puppet them around as authority?
I mean why do you resort to cut and paste idiot interpretations and throw Gods word out the door?
If you find me not having nothing worthwhile then maybe thats why you resort to throwing out God and His word and replacing it with junk from other people who havent yet been shown the mystery.

Like all the others on this board except maybe ken have said..........."good riddence"!
You will be held accountable for your actions green make no mistake about it.
Its for your own damn good!