PDA

View Full Version : Gulf of Mexico especially chosen for spill

ximmy
1st June 2010, 05:35 PM
and the oil will not stop until cap & trade is passed...

Grand Design

Barack Obama uses the BP oil spill to push climate change legislation

Recently I have been critical of Barack Obama and his regime for doing nothing as millions of gallons of oil continue to pour into the Gulf of Mexico. But now the president is doing something “with” the spill, if not “about” the spill.

While the oil washes ashore, sea life dies, fishermen lose their livelihood, and while Bobby Jindal pleads with Obama to do something– anything– the president has finally decided to do something– he has decided to use the oil spill to urge congress to pass climate change legislation.

"The spill in the Gulf, which is just heartbreaking, only underscores the necessity of seeking alternative fuel sources,” Obama said after declaring climate change a “threat to our way of life” and calling on Congress to pass climate change bill “this year”

That’s right, he may not be doing anything to help stop the oil spill, but he has decided to use the oil spill to push cap and trade legislation. I guess I should look at the bright side, at least the president is doing something now– even if it is only pushing a radical leftist policy position.

We all know that Rahm Emanuel has stated that you should never let a good crisis go to waste because it would allow you to do things you wouldn’t otherwise be able to do. We also know that Barack Obama blew his chance to appear like a leader on this issue– he failed to take charge and show that he was on top of this issue. But now we know that Barack Obama does indeed intend to use this crisis to do something he might not otherwise be able to accomplish– passing cap and trade. He has decided to heed Rahm Emanuel’s advice.

Perhaps this is why Barack Obama is unwilling to send federal help to the gulf region; he hopes that as more oil spills into the Gulf, he will be able to paint the oil companies as the bad guys while he escapes criticism for his inadequate response, and because of this more people will be willing to support his cap and trade legislation. He has apparently decided that it is more important to use the oil spill as a means to pass cap and trade than he finds it important to actually stop the leak and provide relief to the struggling people who are being affected by this disaster.

With the global warming hoax all but discredited by climategate, and with more and more people becoming skeptical of climate change, Barack Obama needs something to provide him with an excuse to pass a national energy tax on the American people and he hopes that this oil spill will provide the catalyst.

It tells us all we need to know about Barack Obama that he finds it more imperative to use the oil spill to push cap and trade legislation than he finds it necessary to stop the oil spill.

http://americaswatchtower.com/2010/05/27/barack-obama-uses-the-bp-oil-spill-to-push-climate-change-legislation/

Natural landmass boundary to contain oil.

Defender
1st June 2010, 06:02 PM

Grand Design

Recently I have been critical of Barack Obama and his regime for doing nothing as millions of gallons of oil continue to pour into the Gulf of Mexico. But now the president is doing something “with” the spill, if not “about” the spill.

While the oil washes ashore, sea life dies, fishermen lose their livelihood, and while Bobby Jindal pleads with Obama to do something– anything– the president has finally decided to do something– he has decided to use the oil spill to urge congress to pass climate change legislation.

"The spill in the Gulf, which is just heartbreaking, only underscores the necessity of seeking alternative fuel sources,” Obama said after declaring climate change a “threat to our way of life” and calling on Congress to pass climate change bill “this year”

That’s right, he may not be doing anything to help stop the oil spill, but he has decided to use the oil spill to push cap and trade legislation. I guess I should look at the bright side, at least the president is doing something now– even if it is only pushing a radical leftist policy position.

We all know that Rahm Emanuel has stated that you should never let a good crisis go to waste because it would allow you to do things you wouldn’t otherwise be able to do. We also know that Barack Obama blew his chance to appear like a leader on this issue– he failed to take charge and show that he was on top of this issue. But now we know that Barack Obama does indeed intend to use this crisis to do something he might not otherwise be able to accomplish– passing cap and trade. He has decided to heed Rahm Emanuel’s advice.

Perhaps this is why Barack Obama is unwilling to send federal help to the gulf region; he hopes that as more oil spills into the Gulf, he will be able to paint the oil companies as the bad guys while he escapes criticism for his inadequate response, and because of this more people will be willing to support his cap and trade legislation. He has apparently decided that it is more important to use the oil spill as a means to pass cap and trade than he finds it important to actually stop the leak and provide relief to the struggling people who are being affected by this disaster.

With the global warming hoax all but discredited by climategate, and with more and more people becoming skeptical of climate change, Barack Obama needs something to provide him with an excuse to pass a national energy tax on the American people and he hopes that this oil spill will provide the catalyst.

It tells us all we need to know about Barack Obama that he finds it more imperative to use the oil spill to push cap and trade legislation than he finds it necessary to stop the oil spill.

http://americaswatchtower.com/2010/05/27/barack-obama-uses-the-bp-oil-spill-to-push-climate-change-legislation/

The whole article is about Obama taking advantage of an accident/tragedy. In fact, the title of the original article is "Barack Obama uses the BP oil spill to push climate change legislation"

Your title "Gulf of Mexico especially chosen for spill" is misleading and implies something entirely different that is not supported by anything you posted.

ximmy
1st June 2010, 06:13 PM

Grand Design

The whole article is about Obama taking advantage of an accident/tragedy. In fact, the title of the original article is "Barack Obama uses the BP oil spill to push climate change legislation"

Your title "Gulf of Mexico especially chosen for spill" is misleading and implies something entirely different that is not supported by anything you posted.

Is there anyone at home in your brain?
It implies design... It implies forethought... It implies conspiracy... It's a perfect plan.
ximy

Defender
1st June 2010, 07:27 PM

Grand Design

Is there anyone at home in your brain?
It implies design... It implies forethought... It implies conspiracy... It's a perfect plan.
ximy
Those words might except that I'm going by the words in the actual article not the ones that seem to have been added in your post.

May 27, 2010
tags: President Obama, cap and trade, oil spill, BPby Steve Dennis Recently I have been critical of Barack Obama and his regime for doing nothing as millions of gallons of oil continue to pour into the Gulf of Mexico. But now the president is doing something “with” the spill, if not “about” the spill.

The spill in the Gulf, which is just heartbreaking, only underscores the necessity of seeking alternative fuel sources,” Obama said after declaring climate change a “threat to our way of life” and calling on Congress to pass climate change bill “this year”

ximmy
1st June 2010, 09:26 PM
Gulf Especially Chosen....

This was also timed and planned to coincide with the hurricane season... and aid weather changes needed to secure cap & trade... and still keep it isolated from the rest of the oceans...

"As if the oil disaster weren't enough, today is the first day of hurricane season. As Julia Whitty noted last week, hurricanes imperil the thousands of miles of oil pipelines that snake across the Gulf. The storms also threaten to churn up the millions of gallons of oil in the Gulf, pushing the slick further on land and spreading it out over a larger area.

Forecasters have predicted an above average hurricane season this year, which lasts through November. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration predicts that 2010 will be an "active to extremely active" year. The agency forecasts between 14 and 23 named storms this year, and 8 to 14 of those will become hurricanes. Between 3 and 7 of those of those will qualify as major hurricanes—with sustained winds of 111 miles per hour or more. There's a 44 percent chance of a strong hurricane hitting the Gulf Coast this year.

"If this outlook holds true," warned NOAA head Jane Lubchenco, "this season could be one of the more active on record."

Unfortunately, the Deepwater Horizon site lies right in the middle of the paths previous Gulf hurricanes have taken to land, including Ivan, Katrina, and Dennis. The Pew Environment Group put together this map showing how the major hurricanes in the region in recent years and the BP spill would collide:"

http://motherjones.com/blue-marble/2010/06/hurricane-season-kicks-gulf-oil-worries-grow

Cebu_4_2
1st June 2010, 09:40 PM
again: there will be no hurricanes unless they want them. For the past few years we have had none, I watched as I had stocks in hurricane relief companies and the hurricanes were deflected away and my stock dropped.

If they want there to be hurricanes there will be and we will know this is all planned.

I am sure you heard of HARRP and (I cant remember as I am trying to cleanse my world) to control weather. SAG sucks buts real in my world too, working on it folks.

General of Darkness
1st June 2010, 10:04 PM
They can't control this thing. This is going to bury the administration. The ONLY thing that will save them is attacking Iran. These people are monsters, the left, the right, same shit. I'm prepping like a mad man these days. Mark my words, this is going to get ugly real fricken fast.

ximmy
1st June 2010, 10:47 PM
By J. Speer-Williams--5-17-10--The private, foreign International Monetary/Banking Cartel controls its puppets in Washington as it controls its oil company executives. And everything the Cartel does is anti-life, there are absolutely no exceptions; and their pretended Gulf oil clean-up is a glaring case in point.
Instead of cleaning up the unprecedented catastrophe created by the Cartel's mega-corporations (Halliburton, Transocean, and British Petroleum), these very same companies are purposely killing the Gulf of Mexico, under the pretense of cleaning it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBLTgoeeboY

"The oil companies are owned by world's only legal counterfeiters which are the international monetary banking cartel who can print all the money they want, so making money on the oil spill is not really important to them, but killing the Gulf of Mexico is apparently what's important to them."

old steel
1st June 2010, 11:25 PM
Ok i just ran across a post on another forum and it really has me second guessing everything now.

This person said:

"I think they want to have to nuke it, and here's why.

A nuke would cause mass migration...

And TPTB would love nothing more than the southerners to be displaced, because THEY have more ammunition and weapons than anywhere else in America.

I live in Canada right now, but I am an American, and with family in the south, I can assure you that TPTB are actually afraid the south will rise up and fight back when they try to take over....

So they want to weaken them by displacing them."

Damn eh?

Serpo
2nd June 2010, 12:51 AM
They can't control this thing. This is going to bury the administration. The ONLY thing that will save them is attacking Iran. These people are monsters, the left, the right, same sh*t. I'm prepping like a mad man these days. Mark my words, this is going to get ugly real fricken fast.

Thankyou for those encouraging words :baa :baa

Libertarian_Guard
2nd June 2010, 10:16 AM
I'm down for an intresting conspiracy theory, however, the conspiracy must in some way be slightly plausible for me to latch on and consider it. This does not meet even a rock bottom minimal requirement of possibility.

I'm out of here.

ximmy
2nd June 2010, 11:08 AM
If you're unable to think big... you may miss the big picture... and then it comes upon them... BAM!

ximmy
3rd June 2010, 05:38 PM
Get ready for Cap & Trade.. The banksters perpetual tax on all humanity... Climate Bill Rebranded as BP Spill Bill?

Gulf especially chosen...

Looking to use the Gulf oil spill as an impetus to act on climate and energy legislation, the Senate expects next week to start work on a revamped "BP spill bill" —one that includes both tougher regulation of the industry and the climate and energy provisions outlined last month by Sens. John Kerry (D-Mass.) and Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.).

Mike Allen teased this out in this morning's email, noting that the new plan to combine the two issues operates "on the theory the bill will be hard to oppose." A Democratic Senate aide confirmed to Mother Jones that this is the anticipated plan: combine the standing legislation with the energy bill passed last summer and a new spill-specific package.

Majority Leader Harry Reid sent a letter to committee chairs on Thursday signaling he intends to move a package in July, and expects relevant committee work to be completed by then. "I think it is extremely important that you each examine what could be included in a comprehensive energy bill that would address the unfolding disaster in the Gulf of Mexico," Reid wrote.

"Among the actions I think we need to explore are ensuring that the oil companies are held accountable for their actions and the damages caused by their operation," he continued. Reid is meeting with the chairs next Thursday, June 10, to discuss the legislative prospects.

The Energy and Natural Resources Committee, lead by Sen. Jeff Bingaman, is expected to consider some oil-spill specific legislation in the coming weeks, likely looking at how to tighten regulations. "We're trying to address all of the key concerns," said committee spokesman Bill Wicker. "This is a work in progress. It's being written carefully, and that takes time. Wicker added, however, that Bingaman "fully expects the Senate to be considering this sometime this summer."

Other senators have introduced bills that would raise the liability cap for oil spills and eliminate some tax breaks for oil, and a number of senators have proposed legislation to protect areas from new drilling. It's not clear at this point which bills might make it into a final package.

In a speech on Wednesday, Obama signaled that he would also step up the push for legislation in the coming weeks. "I will make the case for a clean energy future wherever I can and I will work with anyone to get this done, and we will get it done." He acknowledged that getting a bill passed will be a struggle. "The votes may not be there right now, but I intend to find them in the coming months."

ximmy
14th June 2010, 01:37 AM
BP chief Tony Hayward sold shares weeks before oil spill
The chief executive of BP sold £1.4 million of his shares in the fuel giant weeks before the Gulf of Mexico oil spill caused its value to collapse.
Link to Article (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/energy/oilandgas/7804922/BP-chief-Tony-Hayward-sold-shares-weeks-before-oil-spill.html)

Goldman Sachs sold $250 million of BP stock before spill
Goldman Sachs Sold 44% of its BP stock three weeks before the Deepwater Horizon explosion
http://www.blacklistednews.com/?news_id=9027

"You could have not picked a better platform and a better location to bring a country down and to cause 40 million people to be relocated (Great way to disarm difficult areas) They are building and they are planning to evacuate those people.

Link to Article (http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/47235/Oil_Spill_News___Not_From_BP_Or_MSM_P2/)

EDIT: Changed long links to named links to prevent horizontal scrolling. -Gaillo

wildcard
14th June 2010, 06:42 AM
Yes, step back and look at the big picture. They are getting some mileage out of this thing.

The MSM is all over it 24/7. If this was real they'd ignore it. Everyone has stopped talking about the economic collapse around the world.

The hippies are afraid that mother earth is dying. Do you think they'd kill the planet before they could get off it? Unless they're going to move underground into their DUMB bases.

The guy talking about the south being the last stronghold of the US is correct. I thought maybe they were trying to kill off the rice bowl of America myself.

Of course they'd use this as a chance to ram some pro-environmental garbage through, with or without public support.

Take a look around people.

MAGNES
14th June 2010, 01:28 PM
GOOD POSTS XIMMY !

Everything stinks like a sh*t from the beginning.

We have the information here compiled,
it is all coincidences, ROFL ! Is it a coincidence
that Haliburton is involved and the media never
not once mentioned their name ? They all know.

Cap and trade, globally too, is their main goal,
the ICE exchange is waiting, it was made for that.

MAGNES
14th June 2010, 01:34 PM
I'm down for an intresting conspiracy theory, however, the conspiracy must in some way be slightly plausible for me to latch on and consider it. This does not meet even a rock bottom minimal requirement of possibility.

[ BP alone involved should raise eyebrows. ]

I'm out of here.

Close your eyes, they are not letting anyone clean it up either,
they want the damage done, where was the urgency, also,
You think a lot of what was posted here is a coincidence ?
GS two main moves timed perfectly,
Haliburton involved, contractor cleanup operations that do nothing,
the chemical dispersants used, very damaging, from the beginning
talk of cap and trade legislation that is in house and waiting ?

They will start wars and kill millions of people to get global cap and trade
if they have to.

Already countries are preventing deep drilling, they started wars to
take oil offline, who owns the oil companies ?

What is BP ?

Get real people.

wildcard
14th June 2010, 01:36 PM
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p82/SableTinkerbell/confederate.jpg

Let's rock!

gunDriller
14th June 2010, 02:20 PM
They can't control this thing. This is going to bury the administration. The ONLY thing that will save them is attacking Iran. These people are monsters, the left, the right, same sh*t. I'm prepping like a mad man these days. Mark my words, this is going to get ugly real fricken fast.

yeah. well, it's pretty ugly now, but the US is a big country, so, until the oil ends up in rain that contaminates part of the wheat crop in Arkansas, for example, i think people will sort of compartmentalize and go back to American Idol.

I think Obama is pushing Cap & Trade because it adds $$ to the GNP so as to hide the fact that we are in a deep depression. About 9% of the GNP was extra government spending last year, on top of the $Trillions already in the GNP from payments to defense contractors etc. (speaking of government spending. 8) )

Oh yeah, let's say GNP is $14 Trillion. With Debt @ $13 Trillion, notice we're on our way to a 1:1 GNP Debt ratio (not including unfunded liabilities such as Social Security, etc.)

9% of GNP = $1.26 Trillion.

Cap & Trade adds another $1 Trillion. That's 7% of GNP.

Take away that Humongous 9% and 7% - GNP is down 16% - that's full on Depression territory.

So that's why I think they're pushing Cap & Trade.

One thing the Gulf accident does do - it points out the wisdom of Matt Simmons 24/7 windfarm off the coast of Maine (they get wind all the time and they're making a lot of energy.)

As far as the incident itself, I'm not sure if the BP staff became extra reckless for some reason.

Were they pushed into extra reckless mode by a management who knew that this would vastly increase the chance of a blow-out ?

I have seen cases in Engineering where we were given 3 months to work on a 9 month project because some greedy managers booked the project to spice up the balance sheet because they were planning to sell the company. they never planned to do the project - as soon as the company sale was complete, the managers tried to cancel the contract. the customer threatened to sue ... so the management turned around and told the engineers they had 3 months to do 9 months worth of work. "Go ... Start ... get to work". That's where I came in - that's the situation I was hired into. It was for an Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) for the US Navy, in about 1990.

Long story short, in the oil industry, in the electronics industry, managers do extraordinarily stupid & greedy things that cause employees to take shortcuts.

In the case of the UPS project, nobody died because of our shortcuts. The UPS did have about 18 car batteries to back up the test bench - it was industrial strength. One day we had an accident in the lab and they all shorted. Now, for us engineers, that was quite entertaining, but from the point of view of the system, it was a catastrophic failure.

As the stories roll in about Deepwater Horizon, it is obvious that the workers were pushed into an extra-reckless mode by the managers. I expect we'll be hearing about & sorting out the details for years.

The Goldman Sachs divestment of BP shortly before the incident is curious. An oil company with BP's cash flow, pre-disaster, is a cash cow - at a time when Cash is King. For Goldman Sachs to give that up is very odd behavior indeed.

MAGNES
14th June 2010, 03:00 PM
Don't forget shorting of TransOcean. Got cut in half and then some.

GS makes markets for bonds,
http://online.barrons.com/article/SB116188842648004990.html?mod=BOLFeed

Don't forget limiting liability legislation. Don't know legality and how it
will play out.

Right now all over the business news, there is some push for BP
to create some escrow account for cleanup, must set aside
$ 20 Billion, even if this is done BP get's off free. That's peanuts.
1 year after tax earnings. 8 months pretax earnings.
7 months of after tax cash flow, add back the tax they won't pay,
5 months of pre tax cash flow. That's at roughly these oil prices.
Ticking up will make their payments even more of a joke.
Earned $ 10 B a quarter not that long ago after tax.

BP apparently is headquarted in Texas like others, Haliburton and TransOcean,
being targeted by class action lawsuit lawyers in Texas, lawyers
with experience going after BP which they called a "very mismanaged
company with a history".

ximmy
17th June 2010, 04:06 PM
BP was aware of cracks appearing in the Macondo well as far back as February, right around the time Goldman Sachs and BP Chairman Tony Hayward were busy dumping their stocks in the company on the eve of the explosion that led to the oil spill, according to information uncovered by congressional investigators.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/bp-aware-of-cracks-in-oil-well-two-months-before-explosion.html

Goldman Sachs knew in advance

Tony Hayward, BP Mastermind, knew in advance

All major shareholders knew in advance

Halliburton knew in advance

THURSDAY, JUNE 17, 2010

Did the BP Oil Well Really Blow Out in February, Instead of April?

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2010/06/did-bp-oil-well-blow-out-in-february.html