PDA

View Full Version : Future US collapse compared to Soviet Union

SeekYeFirst
1st June 2010, 11:32 PM
Great contrasts and comparisons to the two unions. I liked the "Hated Evil Empire." Both tried (trying) to spread their ideology around the globe and became hated evil empires.
http://nichegeek.com/what_if_us_collapses_soviet_collapse_lessons_every _american_needs_to_know

Liquid
2nd June 2010, 07:28 AM
Fantastic read. What's even more impressive, was that this was written in 2006, at the height of our housing boom.

Years ago, I worked with a guy who's grandfather visited from Russia. This must have been just a few years after the collapse.

He told me a story of how they were picnicing at a local park, with lot's of other families around. There was some geese in the park that everyone was watching, nature and all... To everyone's shock, the grandfather walked right up and wrung one's neck for supper. He had to tell his grandfather, that people do not do that here.

Maybe folks here will start doing that, in the near future.

General of Darkness
2nd June 2010, 08:09 AM
Fantastic read. What's even more impressive, was that this was written in 2006, at the height of our housing boom.

Years ago, I worked with a guy who's grandfather visited from Russia. This must have been just a few years after the collapse.

He told me a story of how they were picnicing at a local park, with lot's of other families around. There was some geese in the park that everyone was watching, nature and all... To everyone's shock, the grandfather walked right up and wrung one's neck for supper. He had to tell his grandfather, that people do not do that here.

Maybe folks here will start doing that, in the near future.

That is awesome

philo beddoe
2nd June 2010, 08:24 AM
Great contrasts and comparisons to the two unions. I liked the "Hated Evil Empire." Both tried (trying) to spread their ideology around the globe and became hated evil empires.
http://nichegeek.com/what_if_us_collapses_soviet_collapse_lessons_every _american_needs_to_know
Curiously, both run by rabid joos.