PDA

View Full Version : Israeli Ambassador to U.S. Says Next Ship Will Be Stopped .

Ponce
4th June 2010, 03:22 PM
When I first started going back to Cuba customs used to search your bag and pull out what ever they wanted as being "illegal".....they told me that it was illegal and started to put it aside, I took it and placed it on the floor and smach it and then told him........I don't want it to fall in the worong hands. If you could see the items that are not allowed into Gaza you wuld then know that 90% of donations would end in israelis hands.
================================================== ===

Israeli Ambassador to U.S. Says Next Ship Will Be Stopped .
By Nicole Gaouette

June 4 (Bloomberg) -- Israel will stop another aid ship heading for the Gaza Strip to break the blockade on the territory, the Israeli ambassador to the U.S. said today.

“We’ll have to stop it,” said Michael Oren in an interview with Bloomberg Television’s “Political Capital with Al Hunt,” airing this weekend.

The ship MV Rachel Corrie, named after an American activist killed in Gaza in 2003, is scheduled to arrive there within 24 hours, Oren said. The Corrie is being sent by the Free Gaza Movement, the group that organized the flotilla raided by Israeli commandos in international waters on May 31, leading to the deaths of nine pro-Palestinian activists.

“The ship that is approaching now is a smaller ship; on board the ship are not Islamic extremist thugs,” but “Irish activists,” said Oren. “We’re hoping we can work with the Irish government to offer them the same offer we had given the flotilla: Give us the cargo, we will transfer it to responsible hands in Gaza.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601070&sid=adYWJa2c..4o