PDA

View Full Version : Is there any room for PD in a SHTF situation?

Grand Master Melon
7th June 2010, 08:03 AM
While I understand the primary uses of this great metal I was wondering what you guys thought about PD if the SHTF.

cedarchopper
7th June 2010, 08:35 AM
Yeah, I'll trade you pizzas for it.

ximmy
7th June 2010, 09:54 AM
personally, I'll stick with the traditional metals used as money.

philo beddoe
7th June 2010, 09:57 AM
I don't think the Police Departments will be any help............. ;D

Grand Master Melon
7th June 2010, 10:23 AM

You make a good pie? ;D

cedarchopper
7th June 2010, 10:42 AM

You make a good pie? ;D

Do I make a good pie, are you kidding me, I'm the maestro! And, I'm just about finished with my wood fired pizza oven on a trailer...it will be my SHTF gold and silver collector (and your PD :]

Neuro
7th June 2010, 10:52 AM
I don't think Pd will have much value in SHTF. It has mainly high tech applications, and it really isn't a monetary metal so people will not flee to it as a safe haven, but it may be one of the last really profitable bubbles before SHTF...

gunDriller
24th July 2010, 06:57 AM
I don't think Pd will have much value in SHTF. It has mainly high tech applications, and it really isn't a monetary metal so people will not flee to it as a safe haven, but it may be one of the last really profitable bubbles before SHTF...

depends on the situation.

if the current wars escalate to a nuclear war, i have to wonder if growing industrial economies like China, India, & Brazil will need Palladium for their catalytic converters or fuel cells.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palladium

but it's pretty !

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/23/Palladium.jpg/250px-Palladium.jpg

in a TSHTF situation where it's just the US that collapses, the rest of the world may eventually learn to live without us - and will still need Pd.

JohnQPublic
30th July 2010, 11:00 PM
If you ever needed to rig up a cold fusion cell or create a stream of pure hydrogen, you'd be glad you had it! :)

mightymanx
31st July 2010, 07:31 AM
I would say no in a SHTF situation. The majority of people are financially retarded and have never even heard of it. They understand that gold is for bling and silver is for wearwolves because TV said so. They can equate the value of gold and silver on a basic level that it is worth something. Advanced finance stuff to them like palladium or anything else it too hard of a concept to them this is also the argument against 90% silver coinage the majority of people just see it as pocket change and can not think beyond that no matter how much proof you present and in a SHTF situation you are not going to be able to call up WIKIPIEDA or AMPEX websites to make the concept fit in their head.

Neuro
28th October 2010, 02:56 PM
I would say no in a SHTF situation. The majority of people are financially retarded and have never even heard of it. They understand that gold is for bling and silver is for wearwolves because TV said so. They can equate the value of gold and silver on a basic level that it is worth something. Advanced finance stuff to them like palladium or anything else it too hard of a concept to them this is also the argument against 90% silver coinage the majority of people just see it as pocket change and can not think beyond that no matter how much proof you present and in a SHTF situation you are not going to be able to call up WIKIPIEDA or AMPEX websites to make the concept fit in their head.
Never base your investment decisions on what the lowest common denominator would do. He can't buy it anyway. Seriously what are you going to trade your silver for when the time comes? A weber grill, a McMansion in the burbs, a huge flat screen TV, his equally stupid wife? You trade it with someone who understands the value of it, and by understanding the value of it, he probably had the good sense of getting something that you value prior to the collapse...

Book
28th October 2010, 03:01 PM
While I understand the primary uses of this great metal I was wondering what you guys thought about PD if the SHTF.

WTSHTF you can take your catalytic converter down to the Recycler and receive $5...lol.