http://www.launchpadenterprises.com/Warm_Blue/img/launchpad3.jpg

Grand Master Melon
7th June 2010, 10:07 AM
Good call, I hadn't even noticed.

Greenbear
7th June 2010, 10:28 AM
Snippet

http://jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.com/

But I will add that this is a generational monetary phenomenon, for those that have the eyes to see it as it happens. This is one of the few things of which I have been certain, and looked for it starting in 1999 when it became obvious that the dollar could not sustain its role as a gold substitute with the stability that is required of the world's reserve currency.

I am getting more anecdotal information of panic buying of physical bullion especially from substantial holders of 'old money' and amongst some of the average investors in Europe and Asia. I do not think that the public by and large has even started to buy bullion in the States. When they do the Comex will be overwhelmed and simply default, and then the situation will intensify as even more financial frauds and semi-official corruption begins to be revealed across many markets and institutions that have been operating in secrecy.

"Every thing secret degenerates, even the administration of justice; nothing is safe that does not show how it can bear discussion and publicity." John Emerich Lord Acton

For the most part Americans, and perhaps even most of the English speaking peoples, are still moving through life blissfully unaware of the global currency crisis and its implications for them, with a few notable exceptions. The trust they have placed in their politicians and institutions is being badly abused, and they will be shocked if the extent of its breadth and depth is ever disclosed.

:)

Neuro
7th June 2010, 10:44 AM
I can't wait getting out of these summer doldrums, it is killing me! ;)

madfranks
7th June 2010, 11:10 AM
But I will add that this is a generational monetary phenomenon, for those that have the eyes to see it as it happens. This is one of the few things of which I have been certain, and looked for it starting in 1999 when it became obvious that the dollar could not sustain its role as a gold substitute with the stability that is required of the world's reserve currency.

Exactly - it's a whole different game we're in right now. Many people think that the current run on metals is temporary and that prices will fall significantly after the crisis a-la 1980 all over again. I think this is a fundamental phenomenon we're seeing now; since 2000 or so the rise of metals against the dollar is a witness to the death of the dollar. I think now is the crucial time to be in metals, even if we find our way out of this depression, the dollar will never be as strong again.

JohnQPublic
7th June 2010, 11:20 AM

Exactly - it's a whole different game we're in right now. Many people think that the current run on metals is temporary and that prices will fall significantly after the crisis a-la 1980 all over again. I think this is a fundamental phenomenon we're seeing now; since 2000 or so the rise of metals against the dollar is a witness to the death of the dollar. I think now is the crucial time to be in metals, even if we find our way out of this depression, the dollar will never be as strong again.

I believe we are witnessing, first hand, a global fiat currency collapse. We have read about these things in textbooks and other literature, but we are experiencing it now. I believe this could be the biggest currency collapse in the entire history of the world. This is the first time it truly was global.

uranian
7th June 2010, 01:55 PM
I believe we are witnessing, first hand, a global fiat currency collapse. We have read about these things in textbooks and other literature, but we are experiencing it now. I believe this could be the biggest currency collapse in the entire history of the world. This is the first time it truly was global.

my impression, too. euro goes first, the rest follow in quick succession.

DMac
7th June 2010, 02:06 PM
http://www.kitco.com/LFgif/au3650nyb.gif

The dollar's rise does not look sustainable and gold's rise looks very healthy IMHO.

http://rlv.zcache.com/got_gold_button-p145150511469603444t5sj_400.jpg

Greenbear
7th June 2010, 04:11 PM

I believe you are right.

oldmansmith
17th June 2010, 01:59 PM
I just want to post that gold was over $1250 today, and not a peep from the gold bulls. This seems quite bullish for the summer "doldrums," no? I think that when gold takes the old high out this time it could run quite a bit.

G2Rad
18th June 2010, 04:46 AM
$1256.70

what a morning!

JohnQPublic
18th June 2010, 08:18 AM
Popped over $1260 a couple of times. It will be interesting to see what happens at COMEX close today (about 2:15 hrs. from now).

Plastic
18th June 2010, 08:21 AM
It is both pleasant and shocking to see that the prices have not been squished like a bug......

the white rabbit
18th June 2010, 08:30 AM
It must be the sell in May and get smoked thing happening. lol