PDA

View Full Version : Why care about the price of gold at this point?

Liquid
8th June 2010, 08:22 PM
Man, I used to love seeing gold and silver go up....then go down, then back up. The roller coaster ride, as wild as it was, was invigirating.

At this point, I have a hard time caring anymore.

With the gulf oil spill wiping out our south, and Europe about to collapse. Gold and silver, as much as I loved to stack....I'm buying rice. It's happening and nothing can save us. Gold and silver are just another buffer. Who cares about gold when everyone around you is going to be starving?

I had a dream last night. I was on a sinking ship. I saw it sink, I could do nothing.

This is our reality...and we can not stop it.

So, my point is, who gives a shit if gold goes up, or down, 50 dollars a day like it's been doing.

What's coming to our front doors is much more bold, more violent, than what any gold and silver can do to help. It's all a smokescreen.

Book
8th June 2010, 08:35 PM
Are we ready for another group buy of Prozac kids?

:oo-->

Liquid
8th June 2010, 08:42 PM
Are we ready for another group buy of Prozac kids?

:oo-->

And what is that supposed to mean Book?

My point, is that seeking a safe haven in gold/silver is a smoke screen....if there is no safe haven.

Which there is not.

Either you face reality, or you hide from it. Your choice.

k-os
8th June 2010, 08:43 PM
A lot of us GSUSers are having foreboding dreams . . . I wish you'd contribute to the DREAMS (http://gold-silver.us/forum/the-lounge/dreams/) thread so we could all have them all in one place, because individually, they're minor specs, but collectively, they say a lot.

Unfortunately, I agree with all of your doom and gloom. I don't care much about the price of gold or silver, but I do like to watch the wild swings.

The gold and silver are not for the hard times, they are for the recovery afterward.

Liquid
8th June 2010, 08:48 PM
A lot of us GSUSers are having foreboding dreams . . . I wish you'd contribute to the DREAMS (http://gold-silver.us/forum/the-lounge/dreams/) thread so we could all have them all in one place, because individually, they're minor specs, but collectively, they say a lot.

Unfortunately, I agree with all of your doom and gloom. I don't care much about the price of gold or silver, but I do like to watch the wild swings.

The gold and silver are not for the hard times, they are for the recovery afterward.

Roger that..I'll check out that thread, k-os.

I apologize for starting this thread.

Book
8th June 2010, 08:54 PM
At this point, I have a hard time caring anymore...

I had a dream last night. I was on a sinking ship. I saw it sink, I could do nothing...

This is our reality...and we can not stop it.

No...this is YOUR reality.

I agree about shiny metal being low on the priority list. Preps first.

:)

Liquid
8th June 2010, 09:08 PM
No...this is YOUR reality.

I agree about shiny metal being low on the priority list. Preps first.

eh, fine. I've already expressed my regret in starting this post...but you are right, we all have our own, individual 'realities'.

And yes, maybe this was a sign to me. I need to go over my preps :)

k-os
8th June 2010, 09:13 PM

Roger that..I'll check out that thread, k-os.

I apologize for starting this thread.

No, I am sorry that you took it that way. This thread stands on it's own, and you have every right to start a thread about the price of metals vs. zombies at the doorstep.

I just really enjoy the dreams that people are having, and would like them all in one thread. Even if they're re-posts.

Book
8th June 2010, 09:19 PM
eh, fine. I've already expressed my regret in starting this post...but you are right, we all have our own, individual 'realities'.

And yes, maybe this was a sign to me. I need to go over my preps :)

http://photos.igougo.com/images/p370946-Myrtle_Beach-sunrise.jpg

We all, every one of us, from time to time, experience despair. Fine to express it here but never surrender to it. Tomorrow morning the sun will rise. I promise Liquid.

Liquid
8th June 2010, 09:39 PM
We all, every one of us, from time to time, experience despair. Fine to express it here but never surrender to it. Tomorrow morning the sun will rise. I promise Liquid.

Thanks Book...I mean it. Tomorrow, brings a new day! ;D

Book
8th June 2010, 09:55 PM
Thanks Book...I mean it. Tomorrow, brings a new day! ;D

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/12/29/article-1102347-02E7B9EE000005DC-608_634x395.jpg

Exactly. Everybody has a bad day or bad dream buddy...lol.

:D

Greenbear
8th June 2010, 10:02 PM
That's a great pic, Book. That had to be a very bad day indeed.

Book
8th June 2010, 10:08 PM
That's a great pic, Book. That had to be a very bad day indeed.

Looks hopeless but we GSUSers are smart enough to crawl under that car until the bad bear moves on.

Maybe Liquid just needs a good night's sleep or a break for a few days. Never surrender to despair.

Greenbear
8th June 2010, 10:09 PM

zap
8th June 2010, 10:11 PM
Never surrender to despair. (Quote)

I like that one ! ;D

Liquid
8th June 2010, 10:52 PM
Maybe Liquid just needs a good night's sleep or a break for a few days. Never surrender to despair.

Hey, I can always use a good nights sleep. ;D

I've never experienced true despair though..life is great. I can honestly say that.

Horn
8th June 2010, 11:09 PM
Man, I used to love seeing gold and silver go up....then go down, then back up. The roller coaster ride, as wild as it was, was invigirating.

A bit of cheer for you,

the whole time, all you were seeing was the dollar going up & down. :sun:

gunDriller
8th June 2010, 11:35 PM

it's a wierd competition between a time-honored store of value, and the world's possibly longest running fiat currency.

but when i think about the mess in the Gulf, i realize it doesn't matter if gold is $1250 or $2000.

though when i think about the mess in the Gulf, and our government's choice to bankrupt our nation with debt, i do see a common thread, & a common set of criminals.

Kali
8th June 2010, 11:42 PM
...I'm buying rice...

...I was on a sinking ship. I saw it sink, I could do nothing...

Sacks of rice will make you sink quicker.

Grand Master Melon
9th June 2010, 12:27 AM
...I'm buying rice...

...I was on a sinking ship. I saw it sink, I could do nothing...

Sacks of rice will make you sink quicker.

:ROFL:

GoldenPoet
9th June 2010, 08:52 PM
PM's are a handy way to get outta dodge... to bribe your way across borders
and be truly mobile. 8)

Horn
9th June 2010, 10:27 PM

it's a wierd competition between a time-honored store of value, and the world's possibly longest running fiat currency.

but when i think about the mess in the Gulf, i realize it doesn't matter if gold is $1250 or $2000.

though when i think about the mess in the Gulf, and our government's choice to bankrupt our nation with debt, i do see a common thread, & a common set of criminals.

Good thing there's silver, those 1/10th oz. gold coins are so small they disappear.