PDA

View Full Version : Experimenting in getting ready for the future.........

Ponce
10th June 2010, 02:44 PM
A while back I wrote about getting my water all the way into my home by gravity and without the water pump.........well, not enough pressure to take a shower but I can half fill the tub for a bath...............the creeks water comes down to my 3,500 gallons water tank, from there it goes to my garage where I have a large water filter and from there into the house........have another water filter under the kitchen sink.

Because the top water in my 3,500 and my 550 water tanks are always at least warm I can take a shower out back.

Doing dishes.........I first wipe them out and then put them under the water, one by one, where I scrub them with a brush (no soap), for pots I let them soak overnigh and then use a small amount of dish cleaner to finish getting them clean.

WTSHTF I'll use my large 5,000 k generator for one hour per day for my frig and freezer.........the rest of the time my two strokes 1,000 w generator is all that I need, it will power my lap top and about 15 15w = 60w each and have extra power for a fan........have three 1,000w generators at hand.

My 120w solar panel keeps my two 12v batteries going for emergencies.

"Plan today for the way that you want to live tomorrow"... Ponce, Be ready and you wont be sorry.

Almost forgot.......got myself 15 of those patio solar light that I charge in the day time and put it around my home at night .......I can even read with one of them.