PDA

View Full Version : Appeasing the oil gods - it's all clear to me now, brute force is the cure

I am me, I am free
11th June 2010, 01:24 AM
The oil gods are pissed! That's been self-evident even before the blowout on the Macondo well.

I had this epiphany - the oil gods want a temple (tower) built, i.e. a way over the top, no expense spared temple. This tower should be built around the BOP, entombing it (yes, I know, in the process burying the evidence to a major crime), and the surrounding seabed around the wellhead should have a circular foundation constructed of concrete and steel extending out at least 5,000% (a low arbitrary number, surely could be larger) more than would be sufficient as a foundation for the oil god's temple. The first level over the foundation should be constructed of concrete and steel, encase the BOP and extend out circularly at least 10,000% (another arbitrary number, this is no expense spared after all) more than is sufficient with respect to the pressures and volumes on the well. The second level should be the portion around and over the sheared off riser, the part of the structure which enables the building of the rest of the tower. The second level should also extend out at a proportional rate equally overdone as the first level, making a tiered structure in the process. Each successful level after the 2nd level should be constructed with concrete and steel with open vents that can be cemented full one by one with the center part restricting down along the way. Slowly the volume can be reduced, and with that the pressure.

I was thinking of a way to use a brute force means without explosives (as in a bigger hammer) and the thought occurred that with the pressures and volume involved that there would seem to be a better than even change of aggravating the situation if the current high flow is shut down too quickly. It appears to me that BP couldn't find their ass with both hands, so we definitely don't want BP or their pals at Halliburton building building this containment tower.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AAa0gd7ClM

I am me, I am free
11th June 2010, 11:43 AM
What? No one likes my idea to appease the oil gods??