PDA

View Full Version : Additional BP Tankers Aren't Expected Until July

MNeagle
11th June 2010, 09:47 AM
WASHINGTON—The Obama administration's point man for the Gulf Coast oil spill on Friday said it will be at least July before BP PLC has the tankers in place to capture the latest estimates for crude flowing from the blown well.

more: wsj (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703509404575300593779033512.html?m od=rss_whats_news_us_business)

Large Sarge
11th June 2010, 10:24 AM
should not really be surpising

a 16 year old girl can get 3/4 the way around the globe, by herself, in less time than these folks can find a single supertanker.

where are the environmental groups?

they should be screaming bloody murder

essentially all the oil they are capturing is getting dumped back in the gulf. (now at the surface)

the underwater camera picture looks a little better, but if you were topside, it would show the oil slopping out and into the ocean.

ximmy
11th June 2010, 10:37 AM
continued ocean saturation is their most immediate concern at this time...

Son-of-Liberty
11th June 2010, 01:21 PM
I can't believe it is so obvious what they are doing. I mentioned in another thread that people should be waking up if they gave this whole scenario any thought at all. The government is supposed to be around to deal with situations like this and yet they are standing on the sidelines.

Commandeer some oil tankers and compensate whoever is taking a loss because of it. That would cost far less then the consequences of all this oil spilling into ocean. Un-frigging believable!!! How many days has it been now?? 50+ ?? I have been so busy working on starting up the farm I have not really been paying attention to this issues until about 2 weeks ago.

I am me, I am free
11th June 2010, 01:48 PM
I don't think that even the Soviet bureaucracy could FUBAR this situation as badly as this. This is extreme.

Does this mean that the USSA has become worse than even the Soviets??

I still assert that a few timely executions would get everyone on the same page.

osoab
11th June 2010, 01:57 PM
Are their tankers being leased and sitting full?

the riot act
11th June 2010, 05:17 PM
Are their tankers being leased and sitting full?

That was the word a few months ago. Goldman & Merrill were storing it waiting to create a shortage in order to capitalize and make a huge profit.