PDA

View Full Version : unofficial "choose a date for BP Bankruptcy"?

Large Sarge
12th June 2010, 11:02 AM
I do not see them lasting another 6 weeks, the damage is so severe already, lawsuits piled on lawsuits.

I am going to say 7/23 or so BP is gone

sounds pretty quick, but Florida is a huge money maker, and summer is a busy time, and this thing is killing all their industries (hotels, tourism, etc)

plus we might start seeing some "wrongful death lawsuits" for contaminated air & victims

Ponce
12th June 2010, 11:10 AM
Again..........will this "bankruptcy" be for only this well or for the whole company, that's a very important point of which I wrote before but with no answer.

Large Sarge
12th June 2010, 11:17 AM
Again..........will this "bankruptcy" be for only this well or for the whole company, that's a very important point of which I wrote before but with no answer.

they are going to have to set up a fund for this disaster, and then bankruptcy after that.

thats how they have done it in the past, limits the amount of money liable

Ponce
12th June 2010, 12:29 PM
Well, they will have to be "liable" for what ever the future may bring......plus more,
BP does not have the money for that.

Quantum
12th June 2010, 02:25 PM
July 2nd. (any division of BP plc files for Chapter 11)

Date selected due to cushion on the markets for July 5th.

Ponce
12th June 2010, 03:22 PM
Either Obama has the balls to do something about this or "we the people" will have the balls to do something about this.........

PS: By "we the people" I mean you because there is nothing that I can do from way back here.

Mill Man
12th June 2010, 04:38 PM
They're already working on raising the taxes on oil so they can create a "fund" to pay for oil spill cleanup, setting up another piggy bank for them to plunder and creating a huge moral hazard ala the FDIC. All the big players at BP will get jobs somewhere else and the shareholders and taxpayers will be left holding the bag.

LuckyStrike
12th June 2010, 06:02 PM
I'd be very surprised if it happened as early as July. I'm assuming they will go bankrupt and get bought out by Shell or something. With their stock price in the toilet, fines as much as $4300 per barrel, cleanup fees in the billions, and tons of lawsuits I really don't see how BP as we know it will survive.

k-os
12th June 2010, 06:10 PM
I say July 9, as a birthday present to me. Not that bankruptcy matters because nothing will change, big oil will still rape the land and the seas and pass the cleanup onto you and me.

Spectrism
12th June 2010, 06:10 PM
The final nail in the coffin will be in August when they FAIL to cement the well hole with the 2 side lines. By then there will be more submersible investigations of the miles of oil lakes leaked at other locations. When BP admits to this publicly, their stock will crash. Right now there are many bozos who are looking to make money buying BP at this current "steal price". May they march happily into poverty.

August 27.