interested in your predictions/thoughts on the state of Florida 1 year from now

being of the DOOM & GLOOM mindset, here's mine

population of Florida has dropped from 18+ million to under 6 million
Hagee runs a 6 day telethon to raise money to save Florida's jewish population
Everglades and all freshwater sources are drained of their water
Georgia and Alabama have " shoot to kill " orders for Florida water smugglers
anti-American violence in some Caribbean countries because of oil contamination
Miami was nuked in a false flag, blamed on Iran. al-CIAduh, Taliban, etc

what are your predictions/thoughts for Florida for the next year ?

Heimdhal
13th June 2010, 08:19 AM
I dont think some of those are too far off.

I can see our population drop significantly in the next year as the gulf coast is abandoned due to oil encorchment and people find residence in other states. Our economy isnt doing too well anyways, so if people are driven from their homes because of the oil, they'll simply leave the state, since they'll no longer have anything really tying them down (no jobs, no homes).

I can certainly see the aquafer getting oil intrusions. We're already getting massive salt water ntrusions, it stands to reason if the salt water can get in there, so can salt water containing oil. Then all our fresh waster for the state is done, since teh whole states aquafer is basicaly connected. Even having a well wont save you.

I think the states surrounding the gulf are going to see alot of oil refugees and there will be alot of animosity like there was post katrina.

Crime is likley to rise significantly more than it already has as people lose what little they still have and resort to just taking it.

Mind you, this is my best case scenario outlook and applys to all gulf states equaly, even texas, cause its only a matter of time. If that oil slick catches fire, or the off gassing chemcials drift inland with the wind, or the seabed collapses and we have tsunamis, all the things above will happen 10 fold and be that much worse and thousands will die outright.

Large Sarge
13th June 2010, 08:42 AM
ok, i was giving this a just a bit of thought earlier.

now here is what I see currently, the vast majority of all the oil is underwater (oil plumes), said to be over a 100 miles long, and 500 feet thick, etc

just monsters out there floating around

None of this oil is outgassing anything at all, no fumes, no nothing, its all submerged.

and yet we are hearing reports of residents now getting ill in Louisiana and Alabama.

I do not have a figure for how much oil is submerged, but I am guessing over 50%

when that oil surfaces, the air quality will go bad in a hurry, and the number of folks getting ill will increaqse dramatically.

plus we have our first tropical depression in the Atlantic

getting an early start on things

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at201092_model.html

imagine the day after a hurricane hits, and all that crude oil is setting on the ground, with the rainwater, the storm damage, etc

thats when a lot of people will panic IMO (after the storm)

Quantum
13th June 2010, 11:47 AM
Oil spew still spewing in June 2011.

1/3 of life in Gulf of Mexico and along much of the East coast of America dead or dying.

Collapse of local economies along the Gulf Coast, with "civil unrest" frequent.

I am me, I am free
13th June 2010, 12:07 PM
now here is what I see currently, the vast majority of all the oil is underwater (oil plumes), said to be over a 100 miles long, and 500 feet thick, etc

just monsters out there floating around

Ultimately, the subsurface oil clouds will disperse throughout the entirety of the Gulf and no portion of the Gulf will be uncontaminated, it's only a matter of time. ALL water in the Gulf will have traces of Corexit. As was pointed out in the article LS posted on another thread, the use of the Corexit has 'fixed' the oil/dispersant mix below the surface and it's there to stay permanently.