PDA

View Full Version : ROV films oil leak coming from rock cracks on seafloor.

Serpo
13th June 2010, 03:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2RxIQP0IBU

ximmy
13th June 2010, 11:44 PM
INFO FROM VIDEO:
This video was recorded from the Viking Poseidon -- ROV 1 on June 13th, 2010 at 2:58 AM EST.

Location of the sea floor crack leaking:
N:10431633.05
E: 1202852.27

Some things to point out:

The video here seems to skip frames. After rewinding it a few times you can see the clear progression of oil coming from the rocks:

See a screen shot progression: http://blog.alexanderhiggins.com/2010...

At 2:45 coagulated oil rises from the cracks pretty much confirming this is oil and not mud.

Toward the end of the video you see bubbles of gas and can clearly see this a rock formation on the sea floor.

My calculations indicate:

The ROV is 19.11 feet north and 55.75 feet west of the leak point.
The ROV is 58.93 feet away from the leak point.

"Well that's great! That's just
plucking great, man. Now what the
pluck are we supposed to do, man?
We're in some real pretty sh!t now!"

I am me, I am free
14th June 2010, 12:25 AM
Looking more and more like an Extinction Level Event.

http://www.theoildrum.com/node/6593#comment-648967

Pretty fucked up scenario posted there, and that poster is likely accurate.

If I were in charge I'd have every possible rig available drilling into that same reservoir to relieve the pressure. They need to quit screwing around, like six weeks ago.

Serpo
14th June 2010, 02:49 AM

Pretty f*cked up scenario posted there, and that poster is likely accurate.

If I were in charge I'd have every possible rig available drilling into that same reservoir to relieve the pressure. They need to quit screwing around, like six weeks ago.

Trouble is that reservoir is a little deep, but they could do it, as they know what to expect now and BP cut so many corners ,do it right.

Serpo
14th June 2010, 03:00 AM
INFO FROM VIDEO:
This video was recorded from the Viking Poseidon -- ROV 1 on June 13th, 2010 at 2:58 AM EST.

Location of the sea floor crack leaking:
N:10431633.05
E: 1202852.27

Some things to point out:

The video here seems to skip frames. After rewinding it a few times you can see the clear progression of oil coming from the rocks:

See a screen shot progression: http://blog.alexanderhiggins.com/2010...

At 2:45 coagulated oil rises from the cracks pretty much confirming this is oil and not mud.

Toward the end of the video you see bubbles of gas and can clearly see this a rock formation on the sea floor.

My calculations indicate:

The ROV is 19.11 feet north and 55.75 feet west of the leak point.
The ROV is 58.93 feet away from the leak point.

"Well that's great! That's just
plucking great, man. Now what the
pluck are we supposed to do, man?
We're in some real pretty sh!t now!"

Looks like the whole sea floor is starting to leak

great blog site ,thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx2mDYCIW20

uranian
14th June 2010, 03:43 AM
i see some comments on GLP that what was actually drilled into was a batholic volcano. no real confirmation, given that it's from GLP.

edited to add that the GLP stuff seems to have come from this thread (http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread583046/pg1) on ATS.

Serpo
14th June 2010, 05:09 AM
So is it an oil zone or is it a volcano zone that they have hit, crude oil isnt normally red in colour as far as I know.

Cebu_4_2
14th June 2010, 07:02 AM
blood of the earth

Ponce
14th June 2010, 07:22 AM
What can I say?...................... "And many will die"... Ponce

I can see night in day time, a black fog all over the place where everyone that goes out will have to wear a respirator..........to see live animals there will be underground zoos (or high ground) and only a few will survive, and the people?........those countries with a high density of people will loose most of them, like Africa, India and S America.

Because the "fog" will be heavy those living above 500-1000 feet will be fairly safe and we will have a new kind of real state sale........many times the "fog" will catch fire and the extend of it I do not know.

Many underground cities will come about in natural caves or man made caves, still thinking about it.........more to come.

Am I full of it? ???...........I hope so.

mamboni
14th June 2010, 07:48 AM
What can I say?...................... "And many will die"... Ponce

I can see night in day time, a black fog all over the place where everyone that goes out will have to wear a respirator..........to see live animals there will be underground zoos (or high ground) and only a few will survive, and the people?........those countries with a high density of people will loose most of them, like Africa, India and S America.

Because the "fog" will be heavy those living above 500-1000 feet will be fairly safe and we will have a new kind of real state sale........many times the "fog" will catch fire and the extend of it I do not know.

Many underground cities will come about in natural caves or man made caves, still thinking about it.........more to come.

Am I full of it? ???...........I hope so.

Who needs Nostradamus?

Carbon
14th June 2010, 08:08 AM
Lol...

SLV^GLD
14th June 2010, 09:15 AM
Wow, mamboni, you've about outdone yourself with that one. Lots of attention to detail. The last time you really grabbed me was with your picture of your boating accident... oh, and that time you were messing with the guy whose avatar was some statue.

Large Sarge
14th June 2010, 09:17 AM
we love our crazy cuban here

and that is seriously funny Mamboni!

mamboni
14th June 2010, 09:22 AM
Wow, mamboni, you've about outdone yourself with that one. Lots of attention to detail. The last time you really grabbed me was with your picture of your boating accident... oh, and that time you were messing with the guy whose avatar was some statue.

The statue guy, Aggie?

BrewTech
14th June 2010, 09:27 AM

The statue guy, Aggie?

The toilet and the 9/11 commission pics were priceless!!

Book
14th June 2010, 09:30 AM
The toilet and the 9/11 commission pics were priceless!!

http://gold-silver.us/NewLogo.jpg

Since Mamboni got banned at GIM2 there is no reason for him to remain the anonymous artist of our GSUS logo now.

:D

jimswift
14th June 2010, 10:53 AM
mamboni, your the best. hahaha!!

DMac
14th June 2010, 10:58 AM
Who needs Nostradamus?

bravo

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :lol :lol :lol

sunshine05
14th June 2010, 11:01 AM
So funny, Mamboni! :)

madfranks
14th June 2010, 11:35 AM

Pretty f*cked up scenario posted there, and that poster is likely accurate.

Wow - thanks for the link. It's certainly not looking good at all, here's a snippet from that site:

Eventually even that will be futile as the well casings cannot support the weight of the massive system above with out the cement bond to the earth and that bond is being eroded away. When enough is eroded away the casings will buckle and the BOP will collapse the well. If and when you begin to see oil and gas coming up around the well area from under the BOP? or the area around the well head connection and casing sinking more and more rapidly? ...it won't be too long after that the entire system fails. BP must be aware of this, they are mapping the sea floor sonically and that is not a mere exercise. Our Gov't must be well aware too, they just are not telling us.

All of these things lead to only one place, a fully wide open well bore directly to the oil deposit...after that, it goes into the realm of "the worst things you can think of" The well may come completely apart as the inner liners fail. There is still a very long drill string in the well, that could literally come flying out...as I said...all the worst things you can think of are a possibility, but the very least damaging outcome as bad as it is, is that we are stuck with a wide open gusher blowing out 150,000 barrels a day of raw oil or more. There isn't any "cap dome" or any other suck fixer device on earth that exists or could be built that will stop it from gushing out and doing more and more damage to the gulf. While at the same time also doing more damage to the well, making the chance of halting it with a kill from the bottom up less and less likely to work, which as it stands now?....is the only real chance we have left to stop it all.

And to mamboni - I always suspected it was you who designed the GSUS logo! Very well done! And that Ponce poster is hilarious, if I were him I'd print it out and hang it on my wall!

Neuro
14th June 2010, 11:47 AM
LOL at Mamboni's genius!

But Ponce may very well be proven right. A petrochemical fog like that would be nothing short of armageddon, killing everything in valleys and in coastal areas... My bug-out place is almost on the top of a hill at 1400 feet in the north east of Mediterranean (close to where ancient Troy was).