PDA

View Full Version : I do not see large scale forced evacuations before August

Large Sarge
13th June 2010, 04:29 PM
unless folks really start dropping dead

and then it will be limited evacuations IMO

the real MASSIVE evacuations will happen when the relief wells fail (middle of August)

thats kind of my own timeline, who knows a hurricane or 3 may change things slightly.

but I just see the real panic hitting after the relief wells fail, and then BP says publicly "we are out of ideas on how to stop this thing"

then the public will slowly digest the size of the problem.

Book
13th June 2010, 04:33 PM
http://taheny.com/2005_05_08_Ladies_Hitchhiking_400x300.jpg

Nobody is gonna evacuate those people Sarge. They will be on their own...just like Katrina.

:D

Large Sarge
13th June 2010, 04:35 PM
http://taheny.com/2005_05_08_Ladies_Hitchhiking_400x300.jpg

Nobody is gonna evacuate those people Sarge. They will be on their own...just like Katrina.

:D

you are probably right Book

Ponce
13th June 2010, 04:40 PM
And where will they be going? FEMA camps?..........leave now, find a place, buy all the food that you can buy.........clean your gun.

I am me, I am free
13th June 2010, 06:26 PM
If there are forced evacuations it will be solely because 'they' don't want anyone taking photos of dead wildlife soaked with crude. lol

Half Sense
14th June 2010, 09:52 AM
I'm doomed. My wife says she won't consider leaving until they announce that we have to. I try to tell her the announcement will be made as they corral us onto a FEMA bus.

Libertytree
14th June 2010, 09:59 AM
I'm doomed. My wife says she won't consider leaving until they announce that we have to. I try to tell her the announcement will be made as they corral us onto a FEMA bus.

Where are you at?

As a side note....I'm lucky, my new great g/f is on board and ready to rock and roll.

zap
14th June 2010, 10:03 AM

Where are you at?

As a side note....I'm lucky, my new great g/f is on board and ready to rock and roll.

Good I'm glad you have someone like minded to go with you, hey think of it as a new adventure, Best of luck to you my friend. ;)

Half Sense
14th June 2010, 10:05 AM

Where are you at?

Northeast Florida, St. Augustine area.

We're about 110 miles from the Gulf.

Libertytree
14th June 2010, 10:07 AM
Thank you Zap! I'm trying to make the best out of it. And YES, having a like minded partner makes the world of difference. My ex would still be watching American Idol until the orders came to hit the road...and I'm sure she will be.

General of Darkness
14th June 2010, 10:10 AM
So if the black folks don't leave will it be said that Obama hates black people? :dunno

k-os
14th June 2010, 05:06 PM
So if the black folks don't leave will it be said that Obama hates black people? :dunno

Not unless some musician says it on TV. So, doubtful.

the riot act
14th June 2010, 05:25 PM
Was talking to a RE agent this morning. Will probably have him list the property next week.

Time to go, or at least just rent after selling and look for something. Makes no sense to be left holding the bag.

Because of the way weather patterns go, there will be no safe place on the east coast. You will need to be west and north of Dallas.