PDA

View Full Version : Gulf Evacuations

DMac
14th June 2010, 01:11 PM
With the various thoughts and opinions regarding the Gulf disaster let's hash it out if evacuations are coming, and if so, what to do next.

Spectrism
14th June 2010, 01:33 PM
Yes- but it will take many respiratory distress cases.

Each community will be investing in (or requiring EPA to) air monitoring systems. When the toxin levels reach crisis point, there will be many already moving out on their own.

The variability of the winds will make people think they can ride it out. The first few deaths will get their attention.

Cebu_4_2
14th June 2010, 01:56 PM
No evacs, TPTB don't want to help anyone except themselves.

Libertytree
14th June 2010, 02:07 PM
I think everyone knows where I stand, I'm just trying my damndest to get out beforehand.

DMac
14th June 2010, 02:15 PM
Good point on the air pollution Spectrism.

A Berkey or other water filtration might be worth its weight in gold should the water table become polluted as well from the acid (oil??) rain.

Bullfrog
14th June 2010, 04:55 PM
Are we talking mandatory evacuation or voluntary evacuation?
I am gonna go with no for mandatory and yes for voluntary.

There are a whole lot of folks who have had their ability to earn a living on the Gulf Of Mexico taken away from them. They are earning some short term cash doing work that will probably end up killing them. They should be looking for a new way to earn money doing work that won't put them in an early grave.

I don't think .gov will pull a mandatory evac. Which city or state in the USA has the money to handle a flood of new people that don't have jobs?

Ponce
14th June 2010, 05:00 PM
Bullfrog? that's exactly what is going to happen those who leave first will be the lucky one for many reasons, like.......finding a place to stay, food, finding jobs or jobs creation, school for kids and a lot more.............it would be crazy not to think about leaving.

BabushkaLady
14th June 2010, 05:08 PM
:laugh :laugh

And the goberment could pull this off?

I don't thinks so!! They can't even tie their shoes!

gunDriller
14th June 2010, 05:35 PM
what would you do if you had a family and no big "cabin in the woods" to go to ?

i suppose the logical answer is, for people to go stay with family further away from the Gulf & the hurricanes.

with the amount of oil and other toxics that are being erupted & dumped into the Gulf, i think that for a lot of the people who decide to stay, it's possible the decision to stay will be associated with respiratory failure.

i can see that a lot of people won't want to move, but also we're hearing about a lot of people getting sick from the fumes. and only a very small percentage of the oil put into the Gulf has made it to the surface yet.

i wonder if the Hurricanes create currents that stir up the Gulf, so that oil that is sitting half a mile down is brought up to the surface.

i mean, i know Hurricanes stir up the Gulf, on the surface. just wondering how far down their effects go, if they create "conveyor belt" type currents that bring deep water water (and oil) up to the surface.

BP has staged a big "Destroy the Environment" experiment for us all to watch.

I am me, I am free
14th June 2010, 05:38 PM
:laugh :laugh

And the goberment could pull this off?

I don't thinks so!! They can't even tie their shoes!

You got that right.

sirgonzo420
14th June 2010, 05:40 PM
"May you live in interesting times."

LuckyStrike
14th June 2010, 07:42 PM
I highly doubt it. My mind is very conspiracy oriented by nature and I still find it extraordinarily unlikely.