PDA

View Full Version : My trip to the BIG TOWN..... and others.

Ponce
14th June 2010, 04:28 PM
Well, went to Wally's world and not only was it almost empty but prices has gone up and up.........the Tae Pei that I like so much went from $2.00 to $2.69.......the trash around shoes for $12.00 are now $18.00.

I now also have all the food cans that I want or need for a very long time ;D

In the afternoon I decided to get $5,000 more Canadians dollar so that I went to one of my hide away to dig up my WATER PROOF container.....or course it was full of water and around it the ground was bone dry hahahahahahah..........I had to separate all the bill (took me about two hours) and then put them in the clothes dryer, they came out in curls........separate the $4,980 that I needed for the exchange and the went to the bathroom to do my thing, and guess what?, my cat was plying with the bills so that I had to spread them one more time.........wanna a free cat?

Got me a used riding lawnmore (with a German name) just a few minutes ago for $50.00 so that now I have something else to play with.

What a day..........almost forgot, still have to unload my new supply of food, I am pup out.

Dave Thomas
14th June 2010, 04:33 PM
Ponce, please tell me you don't think Husqvarna is German.

I'm pretty sure they don't make crap in Sweeden anymore either!

Be careful out there man!

Ponce
14th June 2010, 04:41 PM
Dave? I went outside to check out the name and that's the name......where is it from if no Germany?.............ok I reread your post, is German.........must be a good machine, no?, first time I seen that name............the guy that sold it to me says that they also make motorcycles.

Dave Thomas
14th June 2010, 04:48 PM
They are a Sweedish company. And I'm pretty sure all of their manufacturing is done in China now-a-days. Just like everything else in this world.

So if you thought Alfred Krupp's great, great, grandson was busy prototyping your mower, I don't think that's the case.

Although I do think John Deere makes their mowers in Georgia and Wisconsin. They haven't succumb to the China syndrome yet.

big country
14th June 2010, 05:07 PM
Husqvarna makes their products all over the world, just depends on what product it is. Lawnmowers are, believe it or not, made in the USA!!

And what good would my statement be without proof?

http://www.husqvarna.com/us/homeowner/press/husqvarna-to-consolidate-assembly-operations-from-beatrice,-nebraska-to-orangeburg,-south-carolina-/

Friday, May 28, 2010
Husqvarna to consolidate assembly operations from Beatrice, Nebraska to Orangeburg, South Carolina.

Husqvarna has previously communicated its intention to implement a number of structural changes in the US and Europe in order to reduce costs and improve the Group’s competitiveness. The measures are aimed at eliminating overlap and duplication within production and administration.

In line with these changes, production of the Zero Turn Radius mowers and Specialty Turf Equipment products in the US will be consolidated into the Group’s plant in Orangeburg, South Carolina, which manufactures similar products including riding tractors, tillers and snow throwers. Consolidating production in a single plant will enable substantial improvements in the efficiency of the production process, as well as higher productivity. The operations will be consolidated during the fall of 2010 to enable a seamless transition without negative effects on the ability to serve our customers.

Final assembly operations in the Beatrice, Nebraska facility will be discontinued during the second half of 2010. The Beatrice facility currently has approximately 390 employees.

Also here is another snippet from their website:

http://corporate.husqvarna.com/?p=about&s=our_business&t=americas&afw_lang=en

Production

The greater part of production is at Group plants in the US. Several products such as petrol-driven lawn mowers, chainsaws and other handheld equipment for consumers are manufactured at the Group's plants in China. Lawn trimmers, clearing saws and high-end chainsaws are supplied by the plant in Huskvarna, Sweden. In addition, the robotic lawn mower Automower® is exported from the UK.

So there is the answer, low-end husqvarna made in china, the high end chain-saws from sweden still. I think husqvarna owns many "sub" brands which would explain their CHINA manufacturing (poulan, poulan PRO, etc). Who knows about USA manufacturing since the vague "greater part" doesn't really tell us much. Though the FIRST link I provided is pretty telling of what of their products is made in USA.

Also this snippet is interesting, from the same link as above.

Brands

The portfolio includes a number of strong brands. Husqvarna is a global premium brand and Redmax is regional mid-premium, while Poulan and WeedEater are regional non-premium brands. The Sears retail chain is one of Husqvarna’s largest customers, and sells Husqvarna products under its own Craftsman brand.

Gypsybiker45
14th June 2010, 06:12 PM
If Mr. Ponce got his mower for $50, Im pretty sure its an older model, likely Swedish in origin, Ponce, look at the plate with the serial number, it will state where it was made.

VX1
14th June 2010, 06:17 PM
Well, went to Wally's world and not only was it almost empty but prices has gone up and up.........the Tae Pei that I like so much went from $2.00 to $2.69.......the trash around shoes for $12.00 are now $18.00.

I know the owners of a major global import/export custom brokerage business. They tell me that shipping demand has picked up a bit with this false recovery, but there is a new problem about to drive prices sky high. When the Baltic Dry Index crashed, consolidators and shippers mothballed a great number of ships and reduced capacity. This will increase shipping costs, but they can start bringing ships back into service. The problem they are facing now is, over the last couple of years, the shippers have tried to stay afloat by selling off all their containers (the big metal boxes) for scrap metal, especially since the salt air will destroy them anyway, if they are sitting around not being utilized. There is currently a huge container shortage, which is preventing shipments from being sent. Look for the BDI to continue it's upward move, and supply-side inflation to start kicking in, with slower imports not able to replenish stock.

I'll be making another big push for preps this weekend.

7th trump
14th June 2010, 06:35 PM
They are a Sweedish company. And I'm pretty sure all of their manufacturing is done in China now-a-days. Just like everything else in this world.

So if you thought Alfred Krupp's great, great, grandson was busy prototyping your mower, I don't think that's the case.

Although I do think John Deere makes their mowers in Georgia and Wisconsin. They haven't succumb to the China syndrome yet.

Hahahaha.....thats a good one Dave.
John Deere assembles there mowers here in the US after its shipped from China or where ever the best deal is for Deere at the moment.
Deere is a international sell out since it went stockholder. Never was that way when it was 100% family owned a few years back. Now Deere has a majority of it foreign plants in communist countries like China and USSR.
Heck even their combines are partly made and assembled in Mexico and shipped to East Moline Ill to assemble.
The whole darn drive train for the combine is shipped from Mexico and assembled here in the US.
Some of which is assembled by nonenglish speaking immigrants.
Dont let Deere fool you...................the red one from a Deere employee said the red is all American made.

Ponce
14th June 2010, 06:55 PM
OK it is an English speaking machine but with a foreign accent (like me ;D)........ it was made in Charlotte NC.

That means that it will probably break in the first week after I get it fix....oh well, there went my $50.00.......scrape metal ? hahahahahaahaha.

Ragnarok
14th June 2010, 07:04 PM
Oh... I thought you'd gone to the NY Comex and got some more silver! ;D

R.

Ponce
14th June 2010, 07:22 PM
Nawwwww, not me, my greed was satisfied back in 2002 when I had all that I wanted........."There is greed and then there is need".....