PDA

View Full Version : Racist black NYC councilman to run for gov. due to lack of "diversity"

Apparition
14th June 2010, 04:54 PM
A black New York City councilman says there's not enough diversity on the state's Democratic ticket and he'll run for governor to protest.

Charles Barron says he's angry over Democrat Andrew Cuomo's selection of a white, male running mate, Rochester Mayor Robert Duffy. All the Democrats running statewide this year are white.

Barron said on Monday he's tired of Democrats taking black voters for granted. He's going to try to create a new line on the ballot, called the New York Freedom Democratic Party, and run on that line to challenge Cuomo.

Barron would have to get 50,000 signatures to create the new line.

Cuomo's campaign declined to comment on Barron's plans.

A Siena College Poll released Monday found Cuomo running far ahead of his Republican rival, Rick Lazio.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/US-New-York-Governor/2010/06/14/id/361964

Oh, the uproar and condemnations of such blatant racism I'm hearing! ::) :sarc:

Ironfield
16th June 2010, 01:33 AM
Oh the abject horror of the whole thing. . . If this guy had any valued opinions or policies to benefit his constituents than please by all means run but if you are just whining about being discriminated against then go crawl buck under the rock you came from Councilman Barron.
He’ll be hard pushed to find his required 50,000 signatures.

-Ironfield

Grand Master Melon
16th June 2010, 02:00 AM
Oh the abject horror of the whole thing. . . If this guy had any valued opinions or policies to benefit his constituents than please by all means run but if you are just whining about being discriminated against then go crawl buck under the rock you came from Councilman Barron.
He’ll be hard pushed to find his required 50,000 signatures.

-Ironfield

I agree with everything you said except the part about having a hard time finding 50,000 signatures. I bet that won't be a problem at all.