PDA

View Full Version : this lady is Prepped!

StackerKen
14th June 2010, 06:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0nT0HRbf-c

Kali
14th June 2010, 06:13 PM
Nice setup...thanks for sharing!

big country
14th June 2010, 06:27 PM
Definitely a nice setup, very well stocked!

One nitpick though, their shelves are bare wood on a cement floor! Won't the cement rot the wood pretty quickly? That doesn't look like treated lumber to me.

Also, if one were to build shelves like those, what would you put between the floor and the wood shelving to protect it from the cement? Also, I'm assuming you want to secure the shelves to the top (floor joists) if you can? I can't see if they're attached in the video, just wanting to know for when I have to build some of my own!

StackerKen
14th June 2010, 06:57 PM
good questions big country

I dunno

willie pete
14th June 2010, 08:05 PM
That's a lot of stock, maybe mormans huh? Mormans are keen on preping

Kali
14th June 2010, 08:08 PM
Taco Bell refried beans...very high in sodium...they will need all the water they can get.

willie pete
14th June 2010, 08:11 PM
Taco Bell refried beans...very high in sodium...they will need all the water they can get.

I noticed a LOT of high sodium products, all that canned tuna for one, virtually Anything that comes in a can is high in Na and 14 gallons of potable H2o per day/per person? 70 gallons a day for a family of 5, 2100 gallons a month, maybe they have a well? or they have a supply of freez-dried water, at first I thought she was a silver bug, those green containers looked like empty moster boxes at first... :D

StackerKen
14th June 2010, 08:19 PM
That's a lot of stock, maybe mormans huh? Mormans are keen on preping

Yeah I think she is.

ximmy
14th June 2010, 08:34 PM
I get it but I just don't buy it...

IMO better to live off the grid. A septic tank, a well, wind power... I will use my silver for any food needs beyond pillaging and pilfering (if I must). My own garden and chickens and trading for food.. no long term storage for me...

I'm not sure why but food storage is not dire for me.

Kali
14th June 2010, 11:10 PM
IMO better to live off the grid. A septic tank, a well, wind power...

I think that if it gets to the point that you'll have to have your own well for water and your own power that you'll be busy 24/7 fighting off those that don't.

There has to be a serious strategy in place for this...and have others around (many) to back you up.

Simply having these things is not a good strategy...better than not having them, but not much better.

ximmy
14th June 2010, 11:31 PM
IMO better to live off the grid. A septic tank, a well, wind power...

I think that if it gets to the point that you'll have to have your own well for water and your own power that you'll be busy 24/7 fighting off those that don't.

There has to be a serious strategy in place for this...and have others around (many) to back you up.

Simply having these things is not a good strategy...better than not having them, but not much better.

FOOD STOREHOUSES!!!!
That lady & her family will be the first ones killed on the block. :o

SLV^GLD
15th June 2010, 07:14 AM
Definitely a nice setup, very well stocked!

One nitpick though, their shelves are bare wood on a cement floor! Won't the cement rot the wood pretty quickly? That doesn't look like treated lumber to me.

Also, if one were to build shelves like those, what would you put between the floor and the wood shelving to protect it from the cement? Also, I'm assuming you want to secure the shelves to the top (floor joists) if you can? I can't see if they're attached in the video, just wanting to know for when I have to build some of my own!
1st step would be to seal the concrete. 2nd step would be to use treated lumber. After that you're looking at marine paints or some form of rubberizing.

Better yet use unistrut framing or composite materials that can be worked like wood.

Wood and concrete can never be permanently joined with guarantee the wood will not suffer directly from its contact with the concrete.

wallew
28th June 2010, 02:18 PM
You folks need to be a lot more attentive to details.

Did you notice for example that this is most like PART of her survival bunker. Why do I say that?

Look at the CEILING. It is corrugated steel. And I'll bet money that there's several inches of concrete on TOP of that corrugated steel. That's indicitive of a WELL THOUGH OUT PLAN.

These folks WON'T be the first to go. They will be the LAST to go.

They are WAY prepped and I'll lay dollars to donuts that they are also covering every other aspect of survival during/after SHTF...

NOOB
28th June 2010, 05:17 PM
Pretty awesome food preps. Mormons got it going on.

willie pete
28th June 2010, 07:42 PM
I did not see any home canned food!!! All store bought soy toxin filled!

I don't agree with the storage of the rice and noodles in the rubbermaid container. Mice CAN and WILL get in one of those. Unless the rice has the CO2 removed, its going to get bugs.

The milk substitute she said has oil in it...... that is SOY oil! There is so much crap in it....

Her 55 gallon barrels with food in it are not recommended. How can she rotate the food in them? She would have to dump the whole barrel to put the new stuff on the bottom. Her wheat isn't going to last too long not being in # 10 cans or 5 gallon buckets with the oxy absorber in it! BUGS BUGS BUGS!

Her water storage in the plastic bottle is DANZA water, from the spigot in New York City... Its not even spring water... Fluoride filled !!!

She sounds like she is too lazy to go to one of the many Canneries in SLC to preserve her food the right way!

Sorry, it just urks me when people put out videos like this..........

Wow Imma,....shoot her down with a 50 Cal. :D :D ;) of course you're Right ;) Is she morman? maybe she....

Quantum
5th July 2010, 01:12 AM
14 gallons per person per day for drinking?

She's nuts!

platinumdude
11th July 2010, 01:51 PM
She has some nice cans.