PDA

View Full Version : The situation begs the question: Why isn't someone like Gen. Honoré in charge???

I am me, I am free
15th June 2010, 11:17 AM
General Honoré has a sound plan to use the full resources of all branches of the military to 'find the oil and kill it', i.e. going on the offensive rather than playing a weak, losing defense. I think his approach makes sense.

Meanwhile, all these lameass attempts are being made. We're playing follow the leader into the ground.

I am me, I am free
15th June 2010, 11:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeTV021O9Ls

I am me, I am free
15th June 2010, 12:42 PM
Answering my own question - because 'they' apparently want a continued crisis without resolution, as it serves their ultimate goal(s).

7th trump
15th June 2010, 12:51 PM
Wouldnt it be as easy as sending down a large solid steel shaft that has a small diameter hole in the middle thats piecable thats just millimeters smaller than the inside of the damaged pipe?
This shaft can go a long ass way down the pipe and maybe reduce the pressure enough to send down concrete through its shaft to fill in the space between the pipe and the shaft.
This way any damage can be filled with concrete and stop the flow from going into the cracks.

I am me, I am free
15th June 2010, 12:58 PM
Wouldnt it be as easy as sending down a large solid steel shaft that has a small diameter hole in the middle thats piecable thats just millimeters smaller than the inside of the damaged pipe?
This shaft can go a long ass way down the pipe and maybe reduce the pressure enough to send down concrete through its shaft to fill in the space between the pipe and the shaft.
This way any damage can be filled with concrete and stop the flow from going into the cracks.

The question would be, can you thread such a solid steel shaft through the BOP? Only BP knows the condition of the BP, e.g. are the shear rams in any way blocking the hole? Also, the BOP is already got a pretty good tilt going making the insertion of *any* pipe, drill stem, or solid shaft impossible. Also gotta remember that the drill stem is still in the well, so there's nothing going to be inserted into that well at this point.

7th trump
15th June 2010, 01:27 PM

The question would be, can you thread such a solid steel shaft through the BOP? Only BP knows the condition of the BP, e.g. are the shear rams in any way blocking the hole? Also, the BOP is already got a pretty good tilt going making the insertion of *any* pipe, drill stem, or solid shaft impossible. Also gotta remember that the drill stem is still in the well, so there's nothing going to be inserted into that well at this point.

Do we really know the stem is in the pipe?
Would you think it would fall into the oil abyss?

I am me, I am free
15th June 2010, 01:49 PM

Do we really know the stem is in the pipe?
Would you think it would fall into the oil abyss?

The diamond saw they were using got hung up on the drill stem, so they used the shear. There's the possibility the the drill stem has fallen, it's likely that one or more of the shear rams in the BOP has pinched the drill stem and is holding it in place.