PDA

View Full Version : 32 Detroit schools close.

7th trump
15th June 2010, 01:56 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37642350/ns/us_news-life

Look out for total............................wait a minute.............I dont think it would matter anyway if they stayed open.
Now we have real conditioned dumb people with nothing to do, but do what they do best.

Yep it is change they get.

Twisted Titan
15th June 2010, 02:02 PM
32 schools closed??

My taxes should go down right??

Right??

Right??

T

DMac
15th June 2010, 02:03 PM
32 schools closed??

My taxes should go down right??

Right??

Right??

T

:ROFL:

Libertytree
15th June 2010, 02:04 PM
Don't all schools close down during this time of year?

I will agree that it makes no difference, it's just more of a slide into the educational abyss.

7th trump
15th June 2010, 02:07 PM
All because of "declining enrollment"?
I thought everyone had to go to mandatory schooling regardless!

Hahaha............maybe they figured it out it wasnt profitable to attend school?
Easier to just steal what you need than be productive I guess.

Apparition
15th June 2010, 02:41 PM
This may prove to be beneficial to the children and the taxpayers.

Shami-Amourae
15th June 2010, 02:46 PM
They REALLY need to bulldoze down that cesspool. Put it out of it's misery.

bonaparte
15th June 2010, 03:41 PM
Can we give Detroit to Canada?

Johnny Ringo
15th June 2010, 03:55 PM
Don't all schools close down during this time of year?

No. Some places keep them open so the kids have somewhere to eat. You can't expect parents to feed their own kids, can you?

Would they take it?

BabushkaLady
15th June 2010, 05:20 PM
This may prove to be beneficial to the children and the taxpayers.

Absolutely!! There is a good reason that Robert Bobb, the Emergency Financial Manager was appointed. Theft and mis-appropriation within the city has finally taken it's toll on the school system. Amazing how so many Detroiters are screaming over all the "oversight". Too bad they never bothered to question all of the years worth of squandered tax dollars.

Ponce
15th June 2010, 05:34 PM
Even the kids in the bushes of Nigeria have a better education than we do.

SLV^GLD
15th June 2010, 06:07 PM
How many here have actually been to Detroit within the last year?

Wandering Wastrel
15th June 2010, 06:35 PM
I think that would be an act of war.

Mouse
15th June 2010, 08:07 PM
dot GOV cannot afford to educate negroes but they can afford to educate MEXICANS. Shift the money from north to south. follow the dollow.

BabushkaLady
15th June 2010, 08:13 PM

I've got a front row seat at the moment. What would you like to know?

Cebu_4_2
15th June 2010, 10:57 PM

I drove through a few times. lots of abandon homes and buildings but surprisingly a lot of already cleared areas. Looks like farmland in the middle of a once huge city.

in all seriousness, I don't see why a person couldn't buy a complete city block and build a wall around it. Inside be a completely self sufficient entity.

SQUEXX
16th June 2010, 12:18 AM
I taught in the USA before taking off for Asia 15 years ago. I wouldn't come back to the USA to teach, and some of the best teachers I've ever met left the USA for the same reason. Many, if not most, inner city black schools are just holding tanks for them until they go to prison or die on the streets. When social spending is cut to the bone, all these "gimme programs" will cease. They will just graduate straight to gangs or prison with no school in the middle.

SLV^GLD
16th June 2010, 06:33 PM
I recently visited the city and made a point to walk through the parts I was specifically warned to stay away from.

Detroit, like most big cities, gets a bad rap. It's not nearly as bad as it is portrayed.

Yes, it is being vacated and some of it is falling apart.

All in all it is a fairly nice city and the people in it love their home. I will be revisiting next year. I was of the opinion that the majority of its' detractors have never even been there.

Comments like "bulldoze the cesspool" obviously stem from ignorance or just sheer apathy.

The natural conversion of the area from urban to rural is what some might term a "correction". It's not a place to just be burned to the ground in disgust. I am glad as hell I'm from the South, though.

keehah
23rd March 2011, 04:01 PM
SSJ: Detroit's Population Crashes
Census Finds 25% Plunge as Blacks Flee to Suburbs; Shocked Mayor Seeks Recount (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704461304576216850733151470.html?m od=WSJ_hp_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsSecond)

DETROIT—The population of Detroit has fallen back 100 years.

The flight of middle-class African-Americans to the suburbs fueled an exodus that cut Detroit's population 25% in the past decade to 713,777, according to Census Bureau data released Tuesday. That's the city's lowest population level since the 1910 census, when automobile mass production was making Detroit Detroit.

The decline, the fastest in city history, shocked local officials, who had expected a number closer to 800,000. Mayor Dave Bing said the city would seek a recount.

"If we could go out and identify another 40,000 people that were missed, and it brings us over the threshold of 750,000, that would make a difference from what we can get from the federal and state government," Mr. Bing said at a news conference Tuesday.

In all, the city lost more than 237,000 residents, including 185,000 blacks and about 41,000 whites. The Hispanic population ticked up by 1,500. Meanwhile, the black population in neighboring Macomb County more than tripled to 72,723, constituting 8.6% of the county's population in 2010, compared with 2.7% a decade earlier. Oakland County's African-American population rose 36% to 164,078.

Detroit's population has fallen steadily since the heyday of the auto industry in the 1950s, when it peaked around two million, but the declines have accelerated in recent years as manufacturing jobs have disappeared and the mortgage crisis has devastated even stable, middle-class neighborhoods. The number of vacant housing units doubled in the past decade to nearly 80,000, more than one-fifth of the city's housing stock, the Census Bureau reported.

freespirit
23rd March 2011, 04:06 PM

don't bother!!! we got enough garbage up here already!!

Cobalt
23rd March 2011, 04:54 PM
<snip>
School officials say Cooley High had to close. The building is crumbling, there aren't enough students to fill its classrooms, and it would cost too much to fix all of its problems. <end snip>

It appears they have kept it open far too long

Ponce
23rd March 2011, 05:26 PM
60% of house taxes are going for school.........and yet.......they are closing many of them and elsewhere cutting down the school days to four.............so...........where is the money going to?.........WAR.

On the first day of our new war 110 millions dollars were wasted on missiles.......not counting planes, salaries, food, fuel, transportation, bribes and so on.

cheka.
6th May 2016, 04:01 PM
crime infested african hellhole.....jackson, ms....whining about needin mo moniez too

saying they might have to cut the art budget...and stack more nigs in each cell if'n day don git da moniez

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2016/05/02/state-budget-cuts-causing-financial-crisis-jps/83825748/

The superintendent of the Jackson Public Schools said the district is in a financial crisis, and the culprit, he said, is inadequate funding by the state's lawmakers.

Ponce
6th May 2016, 05:16 PM
It is more important to give OUR money to the Zionists than to educate our kids.........WHAT A CRIME.

v

mamboni
6th May 2016, 10:13 PM
This is a great thread.

Detroit, sad.

Joshua01
7th May 2016, 06:15 AM
Progressive liberals being progressive liberals...nothing to see here