PDA

View Full Version : Too many subforums?

uranian
15th June 2010, 03:21 PM
Seems I'm not alone in thinking it's a PITA to have to check out all the various subforums, what's the board generally think?

wildcard
15th June 2010, 03:24 PM
And I like boobies.

Why mess with a good thing? You guys (mods) are just creating a boat load of work for yourselves.

Gaillo
15th June 2010, 03:48 PM
Everyone... please read this thread and continue any discussion on move threads/new sub-forums there:

http://gold-silver.us/forum/general-discussion/regarding-sub-forums-moved-threads-and-overall-forum-structure/

While I won't lock this poll, I'm locking other threads on the topic, and moving them to the "Board Communications" sub-forum after they reach page 2. I'll move this poll to "Board Communications" after it reaches page 2 or 3.

-Gaillo

Neuro
15th June 2010, 03:51 PM
Who doesn't like boobies...

Seriously though, this is killing the place. Most of the discussion occurs in the GD area, why go against the nature?

Gaillo
15th June 2010, 03:52 PM
Who doesn't like boobies...

Seriously though, this is killing the place. Most of the discussion occurs in the GD area, why go against the nature?

Please read the post above yours. The thread I linked to:

http://gold-silver.us/forum/general-discussion/regarding-sub-forums-moved-threads-and-overall-forum-structure/

will hopefully explain everything to your satisfaction.

uranian
15th June 2010, 03:55 PM
who's going to move all the threads back when the vote is in, that's what i want to know :P

uranian
15th June 2010, 04:00 PM
for the booby lovers, then:

http://forums.terrybrooks.net/Avatars/2801/94GAL-10-34-BlueFootedBooby.jpg

gunDriller
15th June 2010, 04:50 PM
you never know, it could end up with hundreds of forum categories, like Craigslist.

Ponce
15th June 2010, 05:05 PM
Many things, like the oil spill, should be seen by everyone and I know that not many go out hunting for "oil spill".............I for one won't be posting anything else about the oil spill itself because I know that not many (like myself) will go out hunting for it in other places..............I will just read the news and keep it to myself.

Something else that was good and now is gone.......for our own good?

Gaillo
15th June 2010, 05:07 PM
Many things, like the oil spill, should be seen by everyone and I know that not many go out hunting for "oil spill".............I for one won't be posting anything else about the oil spill itself because I know that not many (like myself) will go out hunting for it in other places..............I will just read the news and keep it to myself.

Something else that was good and now is gone.......for our own good?

Ponce,
Did you read the link I stickied at the top?
People will NOT have to "go hunting" for anything, you can continue to post whatever you want in General Discussion and it won't be moved until it is off the main pages.

Nothing is "gone" - please read:

Ponce
15th June 2010, 05:10 PM
OK, I understand now..........besides, I only read page one and then go elsewhere to raise some more hell hahahahahahahahahha. sorry Gaillo.

Saul Mine
15th June 2010, 05:17 PM
If the number of subforums gets anywhere near the number of members, the place is in trouble.

Shami-Amourae
15th June 2010, 08:55 PM
I think subforums should be mainly used for information we want archived -- that we can refer to. The survivalism, health, and cooking subforums totally make sense since we can look at them anytime we want, and they are a nugget of great information we have on hand. The general discussion area is more for breaking news or information that is only important at the time it's posted. The oil spill threads are really up to date information so it generally does belong in the General section...

How about we simply be allowed to post this Oil Spill stuff in the General section, then move it after a week or so?

StackerKen
15th June 2010, 09:33 PM
If the number of subforums gets anywhere near the number of members, the place is in trouble.

:D

Cebu_4_2
15th June 2010, 09:41 PM
Hahaha obviously you read gaillos thread linked above. :-\

I think subforums should be mainly used for information we want archived -- that we can refer to. The survivalism, health, and cooking subforums totally make sense since we can look at them anytime we want, and they are a nugget of great information we have on hand. The general discussion area is more for breaking news or information that is only important at the time it's posted. The oil spill threads are really up to date information so it generally does belong in the General section...

How about we simply be allowed to post this Oil Spill stuff in the General section, then move it after a week or so?

JohnQPublic
15th June 2010, 10:00 PM
I was just trying to break up General Discussion a little by moving some high popularity topics into the new boards. Topics go by so fast and get lost, and repeat topics get started, etc.

I do want to consolidate some of the other boards that don't get much traffic.

Libertytree
15th June 2010, 10:31 PM
Right now John I think it's a shot in the foot. The oil "spill" is the hot topic, not gold/silver, not Joos/zion, but real life sh!t!

The joo/zion stuff should have had it's own sub-forum long before long before the oil spill info got sent to the back of the bus. At one time that stuff constituted 90% of the general discussion front page...That being said I can/know why it wasn't treated likewise, you would have been crucified for moving and censoring such valuable speech.

I ain't gonna grind on this ax...but it is there to grind on.

JohnQPublic
15th June 2010, 10:43 PM
Right now John I think it's a shot in the foot. The oil "spill" is the hot topic, not gold/silver, not Joos/zion, but real life sh!t!

The joo/zion stuff should have had it's own sub-forum long before long before the oil spill info got sent to the back of the bus. At one time that stuff constituted 90% of the general discussion front page...That being said I can/know why it wasn't treated likewise, you would have been crucified for moving and censoring such valuable speech.

I ain't gonna grind on this ax...but it is there to grind on.

The oil spill is the hot topic now, and that is why I created a "Critical Current Event" board for it. Same with the financial collapse and war topics. The "Good news" one was an after thought, but hey we could use some once in a while!