PDA

View Full Version : Damn m-16 is a piece of sh*t

NOOB
17th June 2010, 05:21 AM
3rd take on a gunrunners youtube video. I love ak's

http://www.youtube.com/user/Gunrunnersusa#p/u/6/LQrC6XeOTgY

JDRock
18th June 2010, 07:19 AM
....the m-16 was folly from its inception! i mean, whats the first law of firearms?? isnt it, " when you pull the trigger it HAS to go BANG?"

ill take an ak 47 ANY day over a 16.......ANY day.

steyr_m
20th June 2010, 08:14 PM
....the m-16 was folly from its inception! i mean, whats the first law of firearms?? isnt it, " when you pull the trigger it HAS to go BANG?"

But I'd take an H&K 416 any day over an AK-47.

Heimdhal
20th June 2010, 09:12 PM
damnit, everytime I break down and tell myself Im gonna start an AR build, I see something like this. It must be fate, I tell ya, saying "no, no, dont do it."

I

steyr_m
24th June 2010, 04:27 PM
damnit, everytime I break down and tell myself Im gonna start an AR build, I see something like this. It must be fate, I tell ya, saying "no, no, dont do it."

Look at LMT's piston driven monolithic rail platform. H&K is pricey, and this should be as good. LMT is hands down one of the best producers of AR's right now.

http://www.lewismachine.net/store.php?cid=11&session="%20.$session%20.%20"

Heimdhal
24th June 2010, 04:40 PM

Look at LMT's piston driven monolithic rail platform. H&K is pricey, and this should be as good. LMT is hands down one of the best producers of AR's right now.

Ive looked at those before and I've heard really good things. As soon as I can find some one to lend me $1500, I'll give you a full range report! ;)

I have been considering an AK 74 though, cause the ammo is bukoo cheap relativley speaking and putting some tech sights on it, but I have a hard time going to a smaller round (oh yes, THAT old debate!).

JDRock
25th June 2010, 07:41 AM

But I'd take an H&K 416 any day over an AK-47.

so would i , but i had a polytech legend underfolder in 762x 39...marvelous in its simplicity....forged reciever....crude, yes, not in the same league as the german or belgian made guns.....still my first shtf choice if i knew i would NEVER be able to access
spare parts.

Heimdhal
25th June 2010, 08:45 AM
I will say one thing on behalf of the AK series that totaly assured me of its value in a total SHTF environment.

During an appleseed, I was having trouble with my AK. I was the only one there with an AK, most of the others there had not seen one up close and in action. I got quite a few suprised looks when I proceeded to fix my ak with nothing but a pair of pliers, a hammer and the concrete slab we were standing on. I fixed it and it shot the rest of the day without a hiccup. Of course I gave it more attention when I got home, had to replace the gas piston rivet, which I did with a nail and peening hammer. The part is redundant and not necessary to firing, but it came lose and was keeping the bolt from going into full battery.

But the ease in which I stripped it down and fixed it between courses of fire at an appleseed (as any appleseeder will tell you, is less than a few minutes) with nothing but basic hand tools cemented in my mind that if there was one gun for SHTF, it was an AK.

steyr_m
25th June 2010, 08:59 AM

Ive looked at those before and I've heard really good things. As soon as I can find some one to lend me $1500, I'll give you a full range report! ;)

I have been considering an AK 74 though, cause the ammo is bukoo cheap relativley speaking and putting some tech sights on it, but I have a hard time going to a smaller round (oh yes, THAT old debate!).

The AK-74 is also a very good choice. I, unfortunately, live in Canada where any AK variant is verboten. I do feel soooo lucky that the gubbermint has graciously allowed me to own an AR. (Gee, thanks Govt. of Canada) As you mentioned, the 5.45x39mm ammo is cheap and I plan on building an upper chambered for that round. The 5.45x39mm is also a superior round compared to the 5.56 NATO

If allowed, the AK-74 or the Saiga 12 gauge would also be high on my list. Good luck, please give a range report when you can.

Heimdhal
25th June 2010, 09:09 AM
can you get the saiga sporter rifles? Without the pistol grip and all that. Saiga makes a rifle in pretty much every caliber you can imagine and they are easily convertable iff'in the need suddenly arises ;)

A piston AR in 5.45 would be pretty kick ass though.

steyr_m
29th June 2010, 11:43 PM
can you get the saiga sporter rifles? Without the pistol grip and all that. Saiga makes a rifle in pretty much every caliber you can imagine and they are easily convertable iff'in the need suddenly arises ;)

A piston AR in 5.45 would be pretty kick ass though.

Not the automatics, those would be considered an AK variant.