PDA

View Full Version : So whats the story with Gold & Silver today?

Cebu_4_2
18th June 2010, 02:46 PM
Saw Greenspan spewing some crap around but that's about it. What did I miss?

wildcard
18th June 2010, 03:17 PM
Didn't see it, but I'm assuming it's manipulation as usual. Face it, we're never getting rich off metals. We may be able to use it post shtf..., if we survive. See that thread about "The Road"

Cebu_4_2
18th June 2010, 03:33 PM
Yeah saw that flick, Once they really drop the dollar were fine. I don't think it will get to "The Road" scenario.

TheNocturnalEgyptian
18th June 2010, 05:55 PM
I was gone all week - to me we're up $20 from when I left....

Saul Mine
18th June 2010, 06:10 PM
What we got today was THE BREAKOUT - the one we have been waiting for the last several months.

uranian
18th June 2010, 06:12 PM
I was gone all week - to me we're up $20 from when I left....

welcome back :)

Sparky
18th June 2010, 07:30 PM
What we got today was THE BREAKOUT - the one we have been waiting for the last several months.

I hate to be a wet blanket because I like your enthusiasm, but the contract volume at these highs has been relatively low. That indicates a false break. Hard to imagine a big breakout during this time of year.

It'll come eventually, but we might be setting up for a $150 breakdown soon. Patience, man.

Ponce
18th June 2010, 07:42 PM
Just saw the new "The Karate Kid" it was ok............you can see it on line at "Hulo"...........they show movies there the same day that it comes out the theaters.

madfranks
18th June 2010, 07:52 PM
So whats the story with Gold & Silver today?

The story is that gold closed at an all time nominal high of $1256! I'll raise a glass to that!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3054/3004659752_f9e6f5dfc9_o.jpg

StackerKen
18th June 2010, 08:06 PM
http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/strollerderby/2008/10/23-End/01-CHEERS.jpg

Steal
18th June 2010, 08:26 PM
I kind of have to agree with Sparky. Looking at a past chart with the high volume highs, we new it was going to come back up and test. Volume just is not really there now , I say by Tuesday, we will know "what's up". If volume starts drying up ......seen some post about it wanting to go back down and test the $950-$980 number. Things just are not like they use to be, personally I would be surprised if it ever stayed below $1,100 again for more that one session, but then again, I get surprised all the time in the precious metals arena.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f60/Froggydogg/bull-1.jpg

FunnyMoney
18th June 2010, 08:54 PM
... Things just are not like they use to be, personally I would be surprised if it ever stayed below $1,100 again for more that one session, but then again, I get surprised all the time in the precious metals arena.

Things are definately, if anything, not like they used to be. As things spiral out of control, the real value of things become a topic of utmost importance. Not sure how long and how exactly we get there, but where we're headed, little pieces of paper with colorful printing on them are not going to be worth what they used to be.

BarneyFag
18th June 2010, 10:34 PM
At some point the system will have to reset and we will have a world currency or the Amero, the plan will be to be sell before this happens.

JohnQPublic
19th June 2010, 09:03 PM
At some point the system will have to reset and we will have a world currency or the Amero, the plan will be to be sell before this happens.

You may need your PMs to get through to that point!

Sparky
21st June 2010, 12:00 PM

I hate to be a wet blanket because I like your enthusiasm, but the contract volume at these highs has been relatively low. That indicates a false break. Hard to imagine a big breakout during this time of year.

It'll come eventually, but we might be setting up for a $150 breakdown soon. Patience, man.

Starting to feel that headwind today...

Steal
21st June 2010, 12:26 PM

Starting to feel that headwind today...

and I sure hope it intensifies and quickly. Have been very patient and waiting on the sidelines. Gut feeling tells me this is just a set up for the 28th, then back to sideways for rest of summer. Can not really see any good news, be it real or manifactured that would really take the volume out of the metals. My optimum price is a hell of alot lower than todays downward action ::)

EDIT: Fixed quoting. -Gaillo
EDTT: Thanks