PDA

View Full Version : Happy Father's Day!

MNeagle
20th June 2010, 07:03 AM
Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there!

My Dad is in the hospital, so be sure to call or visit your Father if you can do so! You never know how long you'll have them around....

Again, Happy Father's Day!

Ponce
20th June 2010, 08:16 AM
Just spoke to my dad in Cuba four days ago but I'll call once again today, he is 98 years old.

MNeagle
20th June 2010, 08:22 AM
Do they celebrate Father's Day in Cuba? Or is this only an 'American' celebration?

JDRock
20th June 2010, 08:24 AM
great thread , thanx MN eagle

Ponce
20th June 2010, 08:45 AM
Yes, and also mothers day and Christmas..........but no freaking Jewish holidays like in the US.

the riot act
20th June 2010, 10:39 AM
Thanks MN eagle.

StackerKen
20th June 2010, 10:46 AM
http://pumabydesign001.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/happy-fathers-day.png?w=400&h=383

Brent
20th June 2010, 10:57 AM
Sad that some people need a special day in which to remember to honor the ones who gave them life.

I reject all of these so-called holidays and honor my elders every day. Luckily my parents don't require a greeting card or a phone call on a specific day to know that I love and care for them.

This is just another way for the govt. to tell you when and what to do. Before we had these holidays the family unit was much stronger. Obviously this isn't the only reason but it is one of many. No surprise it was made a holiday during one of the more degenerate times in American history the 60s.

Quantum
20th June 2010, 12:22 PM
I reject all of these so-called holidays and honor my elders every day. Luckily my parents don't require a greeting card or a phone call on a specific day to know that I love and care for them.

Damn, that's pretty clear thinking...bravo!

My wife and kids really wanted to go to the ocean today, and I have stuff I need to get done (except for goofing off on GSUS for a couple of short periods, LOL), and they were worried I'd be offended if they went without me on "Father's Day." I just laughed, and wished them a great time...and told them they can take me out to dinner tomorrow. ;D

Quantum
20th June 2010, 12:24 PM
Oh, and BTW, the Obamanation wishes all you TWO "FATHER FAMILIES" [sic...or is it sick?] a Happy Father's Day. :puke

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/presidential-proclamation-fathers-day

"Nurturing families come in many forms, and children may be raised by a father and mother, a single father, two fathers, a step father, a grandfather, or caring guardian."