PDA

View Full Version : Report: Madoff funneled $9 billion to three people prior to jail

AndreaGail
21st June 2010, 09:54 AM
most likely in tel aviv now

Report: Madoff Secret $9B Stash
Updated: Monday, 21 Jun 2010, 8:19 AM EDT
Published : Monday, 21 Jun 2010, 8:15 AM EDT

MYFOXNY.COM - Convicted Ponzi schemer Bernard Madoff reportedly funneled $9 billion to three people before going to prison.

According to the NY Post , Madoff told inmates at the Butner Federal Correction complex in North Carolina where he is serving a life sentence that his business partner Frank DiPascali knows who the recipients are of the money.

DiPascali pleaded guilty to 10 felonies last year related to the busted Ponzi scheme. He is awaiting sentencing.

The Post reports that Madoff, 72, suspects DiPascali is using what he knows about the funds to cut a better deal with federal authorities.

Madoff was convicted in 2009 of defrauding thousands of investors in his firm of billions of dollars.

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/local_news/report-madoff-secret-9-billion-stash-20100621-kc

philo beddoe
21st June 2010, 10:04 AM
Three fellow tribesmen? :oo-->

Hatha Sunahara
21st June 2010, 10:21 AM
Why would anyone think it matters that somebody knows where the money went? Nobody among the 'authorities' is going to help the victims get the money back.

Ask yourself from your own experience--Have you every got your money back when you were scammed? The law helps the scammers because it deems them to be more valuable to society than the scamees which it deems to be stupid. Caveat Emptor! I'm actually surprised that Madoff went to jail. But the money is gone. No doubt about that.

Hatha

willie pete
21st June 2010, 10:25 AM
I'll bet it was WELL thought out, before Bernie turned himself in, he was probably surrying like a rat to transfer and hide $$$'s

Ponce
21st June 2010, 12:53 PM
OK, that's 15 billions out of 60 billions accounted for......what about the other 45 billions?.............upsssssssss I forgot, the estate of Israel is buying this large island next to Australia.