PDA

View Full Version : Property Taxes on Housing by State

CJay8
22nd June 2010, 05:08 PM
Texas is crazy expensive. California is cheaper than I thought it would be. I'm diggin' Loozyana's tax rate the best but Hawaii ain't bad either. I'm in MS so at least I'm in one of the bottom 15 states. This info is based on released data from the 2008 census.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_WxQ_r3_IH0U/TCD65Zj0L4I/AAAAAAAACJQ/7Jgg9f8BITU/s1600/property_tax_median_rate.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_WxQ_r3_IH0U/TCD65Zj0L4I/AAAAAAAACJQ/7Jgg9f8BITU/s1600/property_tax_median_rate.jpg

k-os
22nd June 2010, 05:51 PM
I wish my property tax was only .85%! It is more than double that in reality.

AndreaGail
22nd June 2010, 06:15 PM
it is a shame agfinger did not make it over to this forum

i want to hear him/her? brag how their property tax is only $300 / year in tennessee again :D

the riot act
22nd June 2010, 06:17 PM
200k = $4,265 tax for me. But I hope to be gone by the time it comes due.

When the head of the sk00l board makes 300k+ a year you know your county is in deep poo poo.

StackerKen
22nd June 2010, 06:19 PM
Im in Ca. and mine is around 1.2% and hasn't changed in the past 4 years

Kali
22nd June 2010, 08:23 PM
Im in Ca. and mine is around 1.2% and hasn't changed in the past 4 years

Same here.

JDRock
22nd June 2010, 08:53 PM

i want to hear him/her? brag how their property tax is only $300 / year in tennessee again :D

he's here AG....

StackerKen
22nd June 2010, 09:15 PM

Maybe he lives in a trailer park?

muffin
22nd June 2010, 10:45 PM
Those numbers are bullshit. That's average. That means states like cali that have grannies that are living in houses last assessed in 1951 are mixed in with the regular owners. In cali my tax % was about 1.5% on a ridiculously overvalued poverty. Here in MO, I am paying .03% whereby the charts show much higher.

If you look at Texas; they have no income tax. So you pay almost 2% in property tax, say that's 6k a year for a really swanky 300k house, which is what you would likely have for 300k in TX. But you are paying 0% state income tax. So you total out at 6k plus sales taxes. In cali, you pay 6k in tax for the 300k SHACK, plus you get jacked for 9% of your income in tax, and get a 9-10% sales tax. It's all relative.

More statistics for liars.

jetgraphics
6th July 2010, 11:22 PM
Check out your state's constitution for the explicit delegation to tax.
I suspect it will state something like "all real and personal property" or "tangible real property" or similar.

What you will not find is any explicit delegation of power to tax private property.

Didn't they tell you that "real estate" is not "private property"?

Don't believe me - go read the law, yourself.

Or ask a presiding judge if private property, defined as being absolutely owned by an individual is synonymous with estate (i.e., real estate), defined as being held with QUALIFIED ownership.

Don't be surprised if he stands mute.

If private property cannot be taken for public use without just compensation (5th amendment), but real estate is taken for non-payment of taxes and the owner is not compensated, doesn't that establish real estate CANNOT be private property?

Who told you to record your property transaction as "real estate"?