PDA

View Full Version : A DRIVER accused of being abusive by a cop walked free from court

Ponce
23rd June 2010, 09:07 AM
As noted this was in the UK, in the US he would be going to jail for making the tape.
================================================

A DRIVER accused of being abusive by a cop walked free from court - because he had taped his arrest.

Dad Alan Snook was pulled over by PC Matthew Spencer for not wearing a seatbelt.

Patrol ... PC Spencer with colleague
Alan, 42, was so alarmed by the cop's attitude he switched on his mobile.

In a seven-minute recording Spencer repeatedly told him to calm down and stop swearing - even though he was being polite - and nicked him.

When Alan asked about his 12-year-old son, who was crying beside him, the PC threatened to have him "put in welfare".

At the station Alan, of Bursledon, Hants, was charged with causing fear of unlawful violence and locked up for the night.

When the case came before Southampton magistrates PC Spencer alleged Alan had screamed "f*** off" and raised his fists.

He said the dad accused him of "f***ing harassment" and looked as if he meant to cause "serious harm".

However Alan's barrister played the recording and the case was thrown out.

Alan said: "If I hadn't taped the conversation his lies could have put me behind bars. It's a scandal."

A Hampshire Constabulary investigation found the PC's conduct "fell below the required standard".

Spencer featured in a series of Top Trumps-style cards produced by his force. His Top Tip was: "Never argue back".

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3025508/Abusive-driver-walks-free-after-filming-his-arrest.html#ixzz0rh1NcGdE

Neuro
23rd June 2010, 09:59 AM
There should be a consequence for the police officer for this... Something along the lines of a frivolous lawsuit, possibly contempt of court... A police officer should not be able to make up charges to destroy another persons life without consequences.

SLV^GLD
23rd June 2010, 01:34 PM
Well, if you really, really want them to do something about this then maybe we can get a petition together. Then, we will all feel vindicated when he gets a week of paid leave.

Since, everyone seems to think my brand of humor is actually being an asshole I'll add the following:
SARCASMSARCASMSARCASMSARCASMSARCASMSARCASMSARCASMS ARCASMSARCASMSARCASM

Twisted Titan
23rd June 2010, 01:41 PM
There should be a consequence for the police officer for this... Something along the lines of a frivolous lawsuit, possibly contempt of court... A police officer should not be able to make up charges to destroy another persons life without consequences.

Happens every dam day in America

Probally every five seconds of every dam day.

T

dysgenic
23rd June 2010, 04:16 PM
In the state that I live in tape recording a police officer is now a felony offense. Soon it will be the same in all states.

Ponce
23rd June 2010, 05:02 PM
I used one sneaky tactic to legally record a conversation on the phone that was legal in court..........I knew who was going to call me so I waited till my answer phone started with this "Hi, this is Ponce speaking at the tone please lea" and then I picked up the phone ......... the guy hung himself by what he said because he KNEW or should had known that the conversation was being recorded...

I cannot take credit for the above because I saw it first in an old movie......

SLV^GLD
23rd June 2010, 09:53 PM
That is an ingenious maneuver, Ponce. Fortunately, my home state allows for recording so long as one party of the conversation is aware it is being recorded. So, you can record any phone conversation you are party to.

Ponce
23rd June 2010, 10:14 PM
That was when I was living in CA......the tape is only good if the other party threaten your with physical harm, tries to black mail you and one more that I forgot..........the one that I used was a back door one but still good.

Twisted Titan
24th June 2010, 07:52 AM
In the state that I live in tape recording a police officer is now a felony offense. Soon it will be the same in all states.

But cops dont do anything wrong

So they have nothing to hide.

They are really just saving your precious time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibSwITK4jjQ

JDRock
24th June 2010, 12:54 PM
a pig like that needs to be spoken to....ALONE....with no witnesses. :whip