PDA

View Full Version : Cap is off the blowout oil well in the gulf

old steel
23rd June 2010, 10:04 AM
Looks like a volcano now, when was the so called "top hat" removed?

http://www.wkrg.com/gulf_oil_spill/spill_cam/

DMac
23rd June 2010, 10:07 AM
It seems to have broken off sometime in the early AM

2 workers died

the white rabbit
23rd June 2010, 10:14 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100623/ap_on_re_us/us_gulf_oil_spill

DMac
23rd June 2010, 10:24 AM
Initial reports from the Coast Guard re: 2 deaths are that 1 died from a gunshot wound.

WTF!?

k-os
23rd June 2010, 10:31 AM
I am finding absolutely no explanation on the two deaths, just that there were two deaths followed by "meanwhile . . ." as if two people dying is not important enough to explain.

What the heck is going on?

So, now that the cap is off, is this what BP outlined as their worst case scenario - 100,000 barrels a day?

DMac
23rd June 2010, 10:38 AM
I am finding absolutely no explanation on the two deaths, just that there were two deaths followed by "meanwhile . . ." as if two people dying is not important enough to explain.

What the heck is going on?

So, now that the cap is off, is this what BP outlined as their worst case scenario - 100,000 barrels a day?

The 2 deaths were containment workers, although they were not working when they died. One was a boat captain that was shot (???) the other died in a swimming accident.

I'll reiterate my WTF?!

Kali
23rd June 2010, 11:00 AM
Where you getting that info DMac?

DMac
23rd June 2010, 11:08 AM
Where you getting that info DMac?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37841204/ns/disaster_in_the_gulf/

Gunshot death reported
The deaths reported Wednesday were not tied to the containment operation. The Coast Guard said the workers had been involved in cleanup operations but that their deaths did not appear to be work related.

One death was a boat captain who died of a gunshot wound, a Coast Guard spokesman said. Further details were not immediately available.

I've been skimming stories today, I'll try to find the cause of the other death.

sirgonzo420
23rd June 2010, 11:13 AM
I echo DMac's "WTF?!"!

???

Ponce
23rd June 2010, 11:19 AM
"And many will die"... Ponce

I can guess that this are the first two........THAT WE KNOW ABOUT.

"They only tell us what they want us to know, or what they cannot longer hide"... Ponce

StackerKen
23rd June 2010, 11:20 AM
There is 1 death every 14 seconds in the U.S.

Ponce
23rd June 2010, 11:42 AM
Ken? and how many are born????????

JohnQPublic
23rd June 2010, 12:02 PM

Since the replacement rate is 2.3, that means that ~ 1 birth every 6.1 sec. (assuming Ken's figure is correct, and that 2.3 is the current ratio).

(corrected. duh. divide, not multiply)

JohnQPublic
23rd June 2010, 12:09 PM
Boat captain working oil spill dead from gunshot wound, Coast Guard says (http://blog.al.com/live/2010/06/boat_captain_working_oil_spill.html)
Published: Wednesday, June 23, 2010, 10:37 AM Updated: Wednesday, June 23, 2010, 1:51 PM
Jeff Amy, Press-Register

Allen Kruse, charter boat driver, sits beside his boat docked at Zeke's Landing Marine in Orange Beach, and talks Thursday, May 6, 2010, about the economic impact the looming oil spill will have on his business. Kruse died of a gunshot wound this morning.

FORT MORGAN, Ala. -- A boat captain working in the oil spill response died from a gunshot wound this morning.

William Allen Kruse, born 1955, was the captain of The Rookie, a charter fishing boat normally based in Orange Beach, said Deputy Baldwin County Coroner Rod Steade .

Steade said the deckhands were on the docks and heard a gunshot and went back on and found him dead on the "flying bridge."

The boat was docked at the Gulf Shores Yacht Club & Marina at Fort Morgan, which is on the north side of Ala. 180 about 1.5 miles east of Fort Morgan.

The marina manager confirmed that the shooting had taken place there.

(www.rookiefishing.com)A view of the website for Rookie Fishing Charters, which had a boat working in the Deepwater Horizon oil spill Vessels of Opportunity program.

"I'm very sorry to announce the death this morning of a captain in the vessel of opportunity program at Fort Morgan, Alabama," said U.S. Coast Guard Commander Chuck Diorio, a spokesman for the joint information center at the Mobile command post. "Our hearts go out to his family and the Gulf Coast community. There are many facts that need to be determined surrounding this."

Diorio said the Gulf Shores Police Department was conducting an investigation.

JDRock
23rd June 2010, 12:47 PM
......wtf...al i can be SURE of is;

SOMEONE wants that well spewing oil....

SOMEONE wants the cleanup effort hampered...

SOMEONE wants to present a false story to the public

but, WHO and WHY?

StackerKen
23rd June 2010, 12:54 PM

well the (internet) source says

1 birth every 7 seconds

source could be wrong of course

eta....sorry to be off topic

people die....just saying

Kali
23rd June 2010, 01:09 PM
Boat captain working oil spill dead from gunshot wound, Coast Guard says

They sent a strong message to the others. Keep your mouth shut and do what you are told.

StackerKen
23rd June 2010, 01:13 PM
Boat captain working oil spill dead from gunshot wound, Coast Guard says

They sent a strong message to the others. Keep your mouth shut and do what you are told.

Ya think they suicided him?

Kali
23rd June 2010, 01:14 PM
Could be. I haven't heard if they said it was his gun or what.

Still waiting to hear what happened in the other death too.

Cebu_4_2
23rd June 2010, 01:25 PM
Could be. I haven't heard if they said it was his gun or what.

Still waiting to hear what happened in the other death too.

The other one is reported to have been suicided in a swimming pool. What that has to do with anything in the story is beyond me.

Steal
23rd June 2010, 07:21 PM
looks like cap is back on.

FunnyMoney
23rd June 2010, 08:13 PM

From what I read on the rest of the thread, I guess that's the best news yet.

I'm guessing that brings it down from 100k to 60k :-\

Probably after the world cup is over, somewhere else will begin to pick up on the story besides GSUS

dysgenic
23rd June 2010, 08:25 PM
Hmmmm. As if there were any doubt before who was behind this debacle (in my mind there wasn't).

StackerKen
23rd June 2010, 08:39 PM
Hmmmm. As if there were any doubt before who was behind this debacle (in my mind there wasn't).

Who's behind it Dys?

dysgenic
23rd June 2010, 08:48 PM
Illuminati.

Who's behind it Dys?

FunnyMoney
23rd June 2010, 09:06 PM
Many claim to know for sure, but most of those doing so are also selling something. My guess is that there's between a few thousand and possibly up to 10,000 at most families that would constitute TPTB.

A "playing God" attitude with the game of the world actually coordinates mostly on its own. TPTB in NK might not be as much an advisary to others as is presented.

The primary mechanisms are the fiat money and centralized taxation systems. Beyond that you have a number of powerful fronts in mostly financial and military interests

StackerKen
23rd June 2010, 09:13 PM
them bastards

JohnQPublic
23rd June 2010, 11:02 PM
Initial reports from the Coast Guard re: 2 deaths are that 1 died from a gunshot wound.

WTF!?

Gulf oil spill: Boat captain, despondent over spill, commits suicide (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/greenspace/2010/06/gulf-oil-spill-boat-captain-despondent-over-spill-commits-suicide.html)
June 23, 2010 | 11:51 am

William Allen Kruse, 55, a charter boat captain recently hired by BP as a vessel of opportunity out of Gulf Shores, Ala., died Wednesday morning before 7:30 a.m. of a gunshot to the head, likely self-inflicted, authorities said.

"He had been quite despondent about the oil crisis," said Stan Vinson, coroner for Baldwin County, which includes Gulf Shores.

Kruse, who lived with his family in nearby Foley, Ala., reported to work Wednesday morning as usual at the Gulf Shores Marina on Fort Morgan Road in Gulf Shores, Vinson said. He met up with his two deckhands at his boat, The Rookie. One of the deckhands later told Vinson that Kruse seemed his usual self, sending them to fetch ice while he pulled the boat around to the gas pumps.

As the deckhands walked off to get ice, they heard what sounded like a firecracker, Vinson said. They turned around but didn't see anything out of the ordinary. So they proceeded to gather the ice and wait for Kruse at the pumps. "He never showed," Vinson said.

After waiting a while, the deckhands returned to the boat, which was moored where they had left it, Vinson said. They went aboard and found Kruse at the captain's bridge above the wheelhouse, Vinson said. He had been shot in the head. A Glock handgun was later recovered from the scene, and investigators do not suspect foul play, Vinson said.

Vinson said Kruse was in good health, did not suffer from any mental illness and was not taking psychotropic medications.

But he said it's not surprising the oil spill had weighed heavily on his mind, as it has on many local fishermen no longer able to support themselves with deep-sea sport fishing trips for marlin and the like, Vinson said.

"All the waters are closed. There's no charter business anymore. You go out on some of the beaches now, with the oil, you can't even get in the water," Vinson said. "It's really crippled the tourism and fishing industry here."

Vinson's office was to perform an autopsy Wednesday, and the Gulf Shores Police Department is still investigating. Det. Justin Clopton did not return calls.

Kruse's family was notified by Wednesday afternoon, Vinson said, and his deckhands were sent home for the day.

-- Molly Hennessy-Fiske

ximmy
23rd June 2010, 11:51 PM
Was he going to go public with something... is that why BP called a cleaner on him???

"One of the deckhands later told Vinson that Kruse seemed his usual self"

"Vinson said Kruse was in good health, did not suffer from any mental illness and was not taking psychotropic medications."

"But he said it's not surprising the oil spill had weighed heavily on his mind"

YEAH RIGHT!!!
on all our minds except the greedy BP execs and president Yes-um Oboy...
Get ready for more suicides and accidental deaths of persons with insider info...

JDRock
24th June 2010, 06:51 AM

The press or the well?? :lol

sunshine05
24th June 2010, 08:12 AM
He had been quite despondent about the oil crisis," said Stan Vinson, coroner
The coroner is reporting on his feelings about the oil crisis???

One of the deckhands later told Vinson that Kruse seemed his usual self, sending them to fetch ice while he pulled the boat around to the gas pumps.
So here, he is is "usual" self. ::)

After waiting a while, the deckhands returned to the boat, which was moored where they had left it, Vinson said. They went aboard and found Kruse at the captain's bridge above the wheelhouse, Vinson said. He had been shot in the head. A Glock handgun was later recovered from the scene, and investigators do not suspect foul play, Vinson said.
Case closed very quickly, isn't it???

Vinson said Kruse was in good health, did not suffer from any mental illness and was not taking psychotropic medications.
And he knows all these facts how? Wow, fast investigation of this coroner!

But he said it's not surprising the oil spill had weighed heavily on his mind, as it has on many local fishermen no longer able to support themselves with deep-sea sport fishing trips for marlin and the like, Vinson said.

"All the waters are closed. There's no charter business anymore. You go out on some of the beaches now, with the oil, you can't even get in the water," Vinson said. "It's really crippled the tourism and fishing industry here."
And let's throw in a little propaganda to top it off!

StackerKen
24th June 2010, 08:19 AM

The press or the well?? :lol

IMO Very legit question... ;D

IMO also.

Goldgonewild; I like your Sig.

I wondering how many more suicides there will be.

StackerKen
24th June 2010, 08:41 AM
Thanks gone wild...Yeah...thats kinda what I meant....but there haven't been any yet.
Have there?