PDA

View Full Version : 20 Must-See Charts on America's Disastrous level of Government Spending!

Ares
24th June 2010, 08:35 AM
If someone could embed the chart it would be appreciated.

http://www.businessinsider.com/heritage-foundation-budget-spending-deficit-2010-6#-1

Hatha Sunahara
24th June 2010, 08:47 AM
This information is indeed enlightening. However, since there is not much any of us can do about how our government spends the money it borrows (that we are collectively liable to repay), all we can do with this information is to make our individual judgments as to when the whole thing will collapse.

My best guess for the collapse will be no later than mid-year 2012. I doubt that any of us can adequately prepare for this unknown condition.

Hatha

old steel
24th June 2010, 09:09 AM
That chart is based on the ridiculous assumption that Government revenues will continue to increase when if fact they are in decline and will continue to do so as the economy worsens.

Other factors are at work to create the perfect storm i believe by late this year we will be living in a different world.

A big wake up call is coming.

Huge.

madfranks
24th June 2010, 09:24 AM
That chart is based on the ridiculous assumption that Government revenues will continue to increase when if fact they are in decline and will continue to do so as the economy worsens.

Other factors are at work to create the perfect storm i believe by late this year we will be living in a different world.

A big wake up call is coming.

Huge.

Isn't it laughable? They show revenue dramatically rising from this point forward. It would be a whole different chart if it showed revenues declining while spending kept going up.

http://static.businessinsider.com/image/4c20b42c7f8b9adf0c590700-590-/image.jpg

DMac
24th June 2010, 09:36 AM
I am reminded of the 6 trillion sent to Fannie and Freddie via Peter Orzarg (and conveniently left off the budget, prior to his resignation in February).

How would these charts look (or the GDP charts for that matter) when the various black hole bailouts are included.

We're so fked.

Sparky
24th June 2010, 12:12 PM
If you smooth these two curves (in you head), you'll see two parabolas, where the exponentially increasing spending is increasing faster than the exponentially increasing revenue. This, of course, creates a mathematical instability wherein the deficit is also increasing exponentially.

What's disturbing is that these are projected curves, which are easy to fudge, and yet they still present an unstable picture. They couldn't even come up with a stable fantasy.

Ares
24th June 2010, 12:23 PM
If you smooth these two curves (in you head), you'll see two parabolas, where the exponentially increasing spending is increasing faster than the exponentially increasing revenue. This, of course, creates a mathematical instability wherein the deficit is also increasing exponentially.

What's disturbing is that these are projected curves, which are easy to fudge, and yet they still present an unstable picture. They couldn't even come up with a stable fantasy.

That's pretty much what I got from those charts. They all use Government numbers, Mark - to - Fantasy accounting.

Buddha
24th June 2010, 01:45 PM
I just love the projections. Apparently to them everything after 2010 is just going to be peachy. Never mind that revenue only peaked at around $2,600 twice (in 2000 and 2007) but by 2012 (hahahaha) we will be right up there again and set to break $3,000 in the next couple years. What an unattainable fantasy, and like sparky said even this fantasy is fundamentally flawed and unstable.

the riot act
24th June 2010, 01:48 PM
Let's kill anyone over 40, and anyone who doesn't have a job!

k-os
24th June 2010, 01:54 PM
Let's kill anyone over 40, and anyone who doesn't have a job!

Maybe we can keep a couple of people over 40. ;D

osoab
24th June 2010, 03:25 PM
I didn't look at the url title the 1st go around.

Heritage Foundation? Isn't this the same thing Rush pimps all day long?

Seems to be slanted more to bash our current puppet/illegal in chief than getting to the core of the problem.

What is the readership of business insider?
Until this is shown on ESPN and Fox during AI, I don't think we will get the viewership that is necessary.

Heck, 7/8 of the population probably can't understand the graphs anyway.

MNeagle
24th June 2010, 03:53 PM
Maybe the projected revenue is all the tax hikes they're thinking of nailing us with?

JohnQPublic
24th June 2010, 04:01 PM
Maybe the projected revenue is all the tax hikes they're thinking of nailing us with?

They're assuming they will get cap N trade. They got the medical bill. Prepare to get shafted.

the riot act
24th June 2010, 05:02 PM

OK, but only a couple.... You're not that old are you? :sun:

Bobthetomato
24th June 2010, 05:17 PM
That graph is funny. They show spending decceasing for a year or so. HA HA it will never drop.

k-os
24th June 2010, 05:22 PM

OK, but only a couple.... You're not that old are you? :sun:

Nope, but I know a few old fogies that I'd like to keep around. ;D