PDA

View Full Version : weather channel special tonight on oil spill(evacuations discussed)

Large Sarge
26th June 2010, 03:02 AM
anyway during the little commercial, it says they talk to parents who are planning to evacuate, after their children goto bed at night.

9 pm EST on weather channel tonight

might be interesting

first time I have heard evacuation going mainstream

Steal
26th June 2010, 05:23 AM
Missed it. There will be an encore on Saturday and Sunday nights.

http://press.weather.com/press_detail.asp?id=301

Libertytree
26th June 2010, 06:51 AM
Hey Sarge, thanks for the chuckle:) 1st thread I read this morning and to me it sounded as if the parents were gonna skip out on the kids after they went to bed,LOL.

<b>"anyway during the little commercial, it says they talk to parents who are planning to evacuate, after their children goto bed at night."</b>

Large Sarge
26th June 2010, 06:55 AM
here is the whole description,

I just thought it was pretty shocking to hear "evacuation" discussed openly on MSM, by residents

The Weather Channel Premieres The Spill: Crisis in the Gulf Hosted by Brian Williams
One-hour Special Premieres Friday, June 25, at 9 p.m. ET; Addresses Potential Impact of an Active Hurricane Season and Future of Gulf Coast Ecosystem

The Weather Channel® (TWC) presents "The Spill: Crisis in the Gulf," a one-hour special hosted by Brian Williams of "NBC Nightly News," premiering June 25 at 9 p.m. ET. Produced exclusively for TWC by Peacock Productions, the special explores the Gulf Coast oil spill that resulted from the Deepwater Horizon oil rig explosion on April 20. It examines what is now a race to save the Gulf Coast and its delicate ecosystem as well as the potential impact of a threatening hurricane season. It also delves into the many failed attempts to plug the leak so far.

Williams was the first network news anchor on the ground in the region after the story broke and this special features more on-location reporting from him. Featured are several interviews with Gulf Coast residents including a shrimping family whose livelihood has been lost. Williams also gives viewers a glimpse of Cat Island, a refuge and home to pelicans, now surrounded by plastic containment boom.

"I urge people to watch, to remind themselves where we've been in this disaster -- how little we knew early on, and what a painful, titanic struggle it has been to stop this horrible ongoing disaster," said Williams.

Marking the 5-year anniversary of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita this August, The Gulf Coast has already seen its fair share of heartache and turmoil and this manmade oil spill is no exception. "The Spill: Crisis in the Gulf," takes a closer look at how the oil spill has affected the Gulf's coastline, wildlife, fisheries, tourism and way of life. With a string of recent severe weather and the current record-setting heat hindering cleanup efforts, every day is a battle to preserve the threatened environment that will be affected for decades to come.

The special includes stories told by victims and the people living this nightmare. In addition, interviews with environmentalist Philippe Cousteau Jr., scientist Bill Nye and environmental scientist Ed Overton are included as well as a rare look inside BP headquarters in Houston, TX.

"The Spill: Crisis in the Gulf" encores Saturday, June 26, at 9 p.m. ET and Sunday, June 27, at 9 p.m. ET.

the white rabbit
26th June 2010, 06:55 AM
Just more of planting the seed in your mind. If you live near the Gulf make plans to get out on your own. Do not end up in a FEMA camp.

Large Sarge
26th June 2010, 06:57 AM
Just more of planting the seed in your mind. If you live near the Gulf make plans to get out on your own. Do not end up in a FEMA camp.

Yes, very sage advice there