PDA

View Full Version : APMEX now an authorized purchaser of U.S. silver bullion coins

madfranks
28th June 2010, 01:29 PM
I imagine this makes it less expensive for them to obtain inventory, do you think we'll see lower prices on SAEs? Link Here (http://www.numismaticnews.net/article/APMEX_named_silver_purchaser/)

APMEX named silver purchaser
June 24, 2010

The U.S. Mint has selected online company American Precious Metals Exchange to become an authorized purchaser of U.S. silver bullion coins.

APMEX, online at www.apmex.com, is in the company of businesses such as Deutsche Bank of Germany, Commerzbank International of Luxembourg and Prudential Securities.

“APMEX is honored to have been selected by the U.S. Mint to become part of the prestigious and elite group of companies that are authorized to purchase United States silver bullion coins,” said Scott Thomas, president and CEO of APMEX. “This has been a goal of ours for quite some time and we look forward to a long relationship with the U.S. Mint.”

Rebel Yarr
28th June 2010, 08:29 PM
kick ass

willie pete
28th June 2010, 08:40 PM
I know APMEX is big, but I wasn't sure if they had the "numbers" required by the mint to be a buyer, the mint doesn't need another vendor, they need to find more Ag planchets so they can start makin' Unc/Prf SAEs

gunDriller
29th June 2010, 08:24 AM
i had to check to see if this affected the spread -

http://www.apmex.com/Product/57010/2010_Silver_American_Eagles_.aspx

not yet.

"As low as $1.99 per coin over spot.
(Orders in quantity of 20 or more come in mint tubes 500 or more come in sealed monster boxes). All coins are 1 oz in Brilliant Uncirculated condition!
Outer box dimensions are: Height--4.5 inches X Width--8.5 inches X Length--14.75 inches."

only noticeable change is, they now list the monster box dimensions.

Phoenix
9th July 2010, 04:55 PM
Didn't APMEX buy the Federal Reserve Bank branch in Oklahoma City? I wonder if the GIM 1 administrative database was part of the deal?

the riot act
9th July 2010, 05:10 PM
Didn't APMEX buy the Federal Reserve Bank branch in Oklahoma City? I wonder if the GIM 1 administrative database was part of the deal?

Who do you think owned GIM1 in the first place Russ? Silly, remember when they didn't need any money because one entity paid the whole bill? That's when g-pond gave the admin back to Russ, and the "who is" went autonomous.

Also that is when APMEX started posting a lot, and selling those silly GIM rounds. My guess is that even with the purge they (AMPEX) couldn't stop the zio bashing, so they just closed the site. I'm not excusing Russ or any of the others, because they said they would never sell. But they took the $$ and ran, and that is just what a little birdie whispered into my ear when they no longer needed any help with the $$.