PDA

View Full Version : Do the Silver Market Manipulators have a price target - or just a Direction ?

gunDriller
29th June 2010, 02:39 PM
i was wondering if the insiders in these transactions know ahead of time what the price will be.

e.g. in February 2010. first they jammed the price down to $16 an ounce for silver. then they pushed it down to $15.

do they make it up as they go along, like "we just want to take the market down a bunch", or then plan 3 days in a row where they take the silver market down 3% to 5%, and see where it ends up ?

or do they say, "we're taking the price down below $15 and we'll put trading stops in place to keep it from going to far above $15."

wildcard
29th June 2010, 02:57 PM
I think the target is on the value of the USD. If they have to drive silver to 2 cents an oz (to keep the dollar afloat just a little longer), that is what they will do. Of course you won't be able to actually purchase it for that anywhere.

SQUEXX
29th June 2010, 03:01 PM
I think we will see a collapse in the market and basic materials. There will also be a window where gold and silver collapses back to at least their 2009 level lows. I think the manipulators have a general plan but it's getting fuzzy.

Steal
29th June 2010, 03:15 PM
Trust me, they know where the stops are, is when you see Ag drop .20c in 5 seconds. Of course, buy orders also filled along the way. Makes for a hell of a rollercoaster ride. I had some bids on physical get filled why I was out all day. Silver eagles. Out of curiosity, I checked the time filled and looked at slv chart. Was around 12:07, silver also got smacked down to 18.40 then.

Sparky
29th June 2010, 03:23 PM
Trust me, they know where the stops are, is when you see Ag drop .20c in 5 seconds.

Like all market manipulation, they do see where the heavy buying and selling is lined up in the stop and limit orders. But as such, they do not set the price; they know where the price has set up, and they go after it. So for example, they don't "decide" to bring silver down to $15; they would see the stops concentrated there, and get them all to trigger.

When you are working with big volume, you can put in orders to see how much demand their is to soak up sells or supply to fill buys. That gives them a feel for when it's time to reverse their position.

Steal
29th June 2010, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the clarification Sparky. Have always appreciated yours , Saul Mines and a few others input on the market and metals. Sure wish SWRichmond would find his way over here.

gunDriller
29th June 2010, 04:27 PM
Trust me, they know where the stops are, is when you see Ag drop .20c in 5 seconds. Of course, buy orders also filled along the way. Makes for a hell of a rollercoaster ride. I had some bids on physical get filled why I was out all day. Silver eagles. Out of curiosity, I checked the time filled and looked at slv chart. Was around 12:07, silver also got smacked down to 18.40 then.

it sounds like a "limit order", sort of like the stock market.

which precious metal dealers do this ?

it sounds like you are buying physical metal, with a limit order, and not just any physical metal, i.e. not generic ounces, but SAE's.

i didn't know you could do that.

Steal
29th June 2010, 05:02 PM

it sounds like a "limit order", sort of like the stock market.

which precious metal dealers do this ?

it sounds like you are buying physical metal, with a limit order, and not just any physical metal, i.e. not generic ounces, but SAE's.

i didn't know you could do that.

Naw. Much simplier than that. Nucleo at bullion direct. Just put what I was willing to pay on a quantity of eagles. Been itchin to finish off filling this green box. $20.55 per seemed a tad pricy, but I had a goal, so .

gunDriller
1st July 2010, 03:42 PM
With there being at least 100 ounces claimed on paper for every ounce of physical, the manipulation is seemingly unlimited. I say let the game play out. When the shortages occur, then the run on begins. And my buying will cease at that point.

actually, i think that specific quote might have been by Jeffrey Christian in clarifying a statement by Adrian Douglas, who was assisting Harvey Organ, at the March 25 CFTC hearing. i think they might have been talking about the gold market, when Adrian said something about the ratio being 50:1 paper to physical. then Jeffrey Christian came along and corrected him and said the ratio was 100:1.

i get the impression the paper:physical ratio in the silver market is similarly ridiculous. one indicator is JPMorgan's short position, a huge amount. from 1/2 to 4 times world production (world production is 25,000 tons ... JPM's short pos. is somewhere between 12,500 tons and 100,000 tons.)

but it's not exactly a transparent market so we may not know until someone writes a book or something.

that buying strategy sounds very right. it means you're in there buying while the market is suppressed, and then get out of the way when it starts to unwind and people start to panic, which would correlate to widespread shortages.