PDA

View Full Version : 1

ImaCannin
4th July 2010, 10:45 PM
:conf: :conf: :conf:

cedarchopper
4th July 2010, 10:58 PM
I hope you can handle the fact that the chickens will crap and kick up dirt everywhere...all that purdy will be gone in no time :] It looks like a fine chicken house and I'm sure you will have a healthy and productive flock...good job.

crazychicken
5th July 2010, 05:49 AM
Your Chick-Inn is just too cute.

Very nice.

CC

TPTB
5th July 2010, 12:00 PM
Here's how to keep dirty chicken poop off the floor. "Chicken Diapers." :D

Gaillo
5th July 2010, 02:10 PM
Wow!!!

I've seen PEOPLE living in worse conditions than that! :o

willie pete
5th July 2010, 09:15 PM
Wow Imma, just Wow :D ....those chickens are going to be living the high-life ;D, is that linoleum disposible? or you just planning on spraying it off? did you use a gloss or semi-gloss paint? may have been a quicker clean up, it's fenced off outside for predators right? looks good, hope the birds wil like the colors ;D, you got some serious Feng-Shui going on there... :D

willie pete
5th July 2010, 10:32 PM
Willie,
I put the lino down to save the floor! It will have wood shavings on it and we will just scrap the shavings out . The shavings dry up the poop and make it easier to clean. This is one of the reason why the ramp is movable, and their is a shelf below the roost. Just scrap it off into a bag. I first put on some cheap paint from Lowes . believe me, it was cheap. THen I found a can of paint at Homo Depot that someone brought back, its the high quality stuff, and it was only 5.00, so I bought it! Yes, the chickens have a fenced yard, but it does not stop the foxes during birthing time when they are trying to feed their litter. One year they got about 16 hens in one night. Someone (not me) forgot to shut the chicken coop door. I figured the girls would lay better if they had some nice art work to look at while they are trying to lay me great big eggs. ;D

Sounds good Imma, maybe one of them will lay you a Golden Egg ;), that'd be nice, I'm thinking, are you gonna use the chicken poop? it's mighty Good stuff!!!, will the wood shavings effect it? , that is IF you're gonna save it and you should too, my granny had chickens, and they saved the chicken poop, I thought the pull-out drawer style nest was to better facilitate gathering the eggs, how many chickens you gonna have? won't you need more nests than 4? I remember granny had a lot of them, maybe 10 or 12? what about fashion sometype of trough, even with the coop floor, at the entrance, that way you could "squeegie" the poop right into the removable trough and then go stock pile it?

muffin
6th July 2010, 04:00 PM
how many chickens you gonna have? won't you need more nests than 4? I remember granny had a lot of them, maybe 10 or 12?

The amount of nests depends on how many chickens you have. They say the rule of thumb is 1 nestbox for every 2-3 hens. But you always end up with a nest that they all like and fight over! We have 23 hens with 7 nestboxes.

Nice coop, Imma. Wish I could have put the pretty stuff all over mine :( But they like it well enough. As long as the treatlady (ME 8)) comes around every so often, they are happy ;)