PDA

View Full Version : Tea leaves

uranian
5th July 2010, 06:57 AM
I'm far from a TA expert, but just had a quick look at some charts...looks like we could drop to $1175 to me:

oldmansmith
5th July 2010, 07:53 AM
Sure, it could go lower, but seems to be holding above $1,200.

uranian
6th July 2010, 06:48 AM
tim-berrrr, $1191 as i write, lets hope $1175 holds.

euro perspective, looks like gold could fall all the way to €900 while still remaining in the current uptrend:

gunDriller
6th July 2010, 08:27 AM
tim-berrrr, $1191 as i write, lets hope $1175 holds.

euro perspective, looks like gold could fall all the way to €900 while still remaining in the current uptrend:

as long as the Europeans don't think about the effect of a BP bankruptcy on Euro banks.

among many, many other concerns.

uranian
6th July 2010, 04:34 PM
agreed driller, there's more and more talk now of recession part 2 (aka complete monetary collapse this time, as i can't see that it can be papered over again with still more 10s of trillions), and i have the feeling that we're very close to that collapse now. we've stayed close to $1200 while eurogold's been suffering a bit, some unwinding of the huge euro shorts i read. just need a new story about how spain caja's will go bust or similar to set us off again.

uranian
19th July 2010, 01:16 PM
time to buy?

gunDriller
19th July 2010, 02:52 PM
time to buy?

Hell Yeah !

if $1190 wasn't inspiration enough ... now what is it - $1180 and change. (but not the Obama kind of change !)

uranian
20th July 2010, 01:36 PM
looks like a good entry point in pounds, too:

uranian
22nd July 2010, 04:51 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_H2DePAZe2gA/TEf5x82F4BI/AAAAAAAAN2I/vWuS12qgZL4/s1600/golddaily11.PNG

uranian
29th July 2010, 02:20 PM
http://goldstocktrades.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/GLD.gif

gunDriller
29th July 2010, 04:25 PM
speaking of tea leaves ... i noticed that i got a pleasant little rush out of the green tea extract and gingko biloba in the vitamins i take.

so i tried eating about 1/3 tea bag of green tea. just mixed it with water and drank it.

earlier in the day, it was allright.

then i had some more at lunch ... a little too much caffeine :o

maybe i'll just stick with coffee. ;D

1970 silver art
12th August 2010, 06:03 PM
Before my tea leaves were lost to a "gusty wind accident", they were saying that gold will hit $1450 (or higher) on December 31, 2010.

gunDriller
13th August 2010, 10:04 AM
Before my tea leaves were lost to a "gusty wind accident", they were saying that gold will hit $1450 (or higher) on December 31, 2010.

your estimates are the most sane ones i've seen.

you're the one that's saying $23 silver, $1450 gold ?

what will you do if you hit it exactly on the nose ?

that would be something. we'd be asking you for lottery # recommendations.

these are my lottery # recommendations:

Silver
Gold

1970 silver art
13th August 2010, 11:12 AM
Yep Gundriller. I am the one calling for gold to finish at $1450 (or higher) and for silver to finish at $23 (or higher) on December 31, 2010. However, when I hit this gut feeling prediction on gold and silver on December 31, 2010, it might be a while for the lottery # recommendations because my gut takes it's own sweet time in picking lottery #'s. :D

gunDriller
13th August 2010, 12:21 PM
Yep Gundriller. I am the one calling for gold to finish at $1450 (or higher) and for silver to finish at $23 (or higher) on December 31, 2010. However, when I hit this gut feeling prediction on gold and silver on December 31, 2010, it might be a while for the lottery # recommendations because my gut takes it's own sweet time in picking lottery #'s. :D

how about Teahupoo 2010 winners ?

http://www.aspworldtour.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/whittaker273bbongtahiti09kirstin_l.jpg

these are the choices -

Bobby Martinez - has already won there.

Kelly Slater - 9 time world champ.

Andy Irons - possibly a better tube rider than Kelly.

The Hobgood brothers - i think both CJ and Damien have won

Taj Burrow - highly motivated Australian

Mick Fanning - highly motivated Australian, 2 x World Champ

well there's more choices, but that's probably enough surf talk. 8)

i'll stick with 5-6 banks closing today Friday 13, and Dane Reynolds @ Teahupoo. (pronounced Chew-poo. Dizgusting name but amazing waves.)

i won't exactly plan on the $1450 & $23, but one thing about those prices is, i think they would draw more people into the market.

1970 silver art
13th August 2010, 12:32 PM
I am making a WAG here since I do not follow Teahuppo. I will take Kelly Slater to win the 2010 Teahuppo championship.

BTW.......I am going for my second win in a row by calling for 1-2 banks to fail this Friday 13 with the powerball state of Georgia.

I am still sticking to my $1450 gold and $23 silver predictions. :)

gunDriller
13th August 2010, 03:02 PM
I am making a WAG here since I do not follow Teahuppo. I will take Kelly Slater to win the 2010 Teahuppo championship.

BTW.......I am going for my second win in a row by calling for 1-2 banks to fail this Friday 13 with the powerball state of Georgia.

I am still sticking to my $1450 gold and $23 silver predictions. :)

if i was betting real money, i would have to give serious thought to voting for Slater.

he cut the last contest too close. if he had been serious about winning, he would have gotten their a week early. he had bad luck with the airline and barely had time to put his bags at the hotel before his heat started.

he's pissed and he's competitive, and he's also an experienced traveler. my guess is, he'll get to Teahupoo a little earlier than he normally would, and the extra focus could be lethal.

on the other hand, there's 15 other guys that have the potential to be just as lethal.

i don't often root for Slater but yeah, he's probably got one of the best chances of winning. Bobby Martinez is probably up there too, he's 4/4 in finals, and most of them have been left hand tubes, like Teahupoo.

Slater says he can get closer to the wave on his backside. that's when he's surfing left foot forward (regular foot i think), going to the left, so his butt touches the wave if he squats down.

i would get CREAMED if i ever tried to ride one of those waves. it would be like Meat Tenderizer.