PDA

View Full Version : GSUS Silver Round?

steyr_m
6th July 2010, 03:30 PM
Anyone want to start designing and producing GSUS Silver rounds? Just throwing it out there.

TheNocturnalEgyptian
4th August 2010, 11:30 AM
Your current avatar would sum it up pretty well.

Joking...but in all seriousness, I don't think we have enough history yet to design a meaningful round.

gunDriller
4th August 2010, 03:02 PM

Joking...but in all seriousness, I don't think we have enough history yet to design a meaningful round.

how about a Walking Liberty, but with larger breasts, for the guys, and another version, with something for the ladies ?

my impression the stamping dies are about $10K.

makes me wonder who paid for the GIM stamping dies.

SeekYeFirst
4th August 2010, 09:39 PM
I think it's a lot less than 10k to have a stamp designed and made. Yearly, a local mint auctions the service (plus some coins) for charity and it goes for less than a couple thousand. Of course, you can buy a vasectomy for four hundred dollars and orthodontic braces for 3k at these auctions :oo--> Hmm, maybe regular price is about 10k.

Neuro
26th August 2010, 08:46 AM

how about a Walking Liberty, but with larger breasts, for the guys, and another version, with something for the ladies ?
A Standing Liberty for the ladies?

madfranks
27th August 2010, 10:03 AM
I took the liberty of asking Daniel Carr at the Moonlight Mint how much it would cost for a custom die and this was his response:

I've done several such medals for various coin clubs.
A single finished die can range anywhere from $300 to $3,000.
It all depends on the size and mainly on the level of difficulty and
detail in the sculpting. Most are around $1,000. Simple text-only
dies are closer to $300. This is for a ready-to-use die
(design, sculpting, engraving, heat-treating, sandblasting, polishing).

Rimmed & burnished 1-oz 999 silver blanks, ready for striking
proof-like medals, cost about $1 each above the silver "spot" price.

Once dies are ready, pieces can be struck for about $1-$3 each,
depending on size, quantity, and surface finish.

So here's our options: if we want a simple text only die, we're looking at "close to $300" for the finished piece. Text is boring though, so if we wanted a picture or graphic, depending on complexity we're looking at between $1000-3000.

Then add the premium to the silver rounds, looks like $4 over spot for each one. Seems reasonable to me.

I have a handful of silver rounds that are text only, and I like them for their novelty factor. I would enjoy having a GSUS silver round, even if it is text only. I'd put $50 towards the cost of the die.

I'll sticky this thread for a while to see what the general consensus is. If we don't have enough demand to make it worth while, we'll postpone it for now and take a look at it in the future.

philo beddoe
27th August 2010, 10:07 AM
Piss everyone off and put Hitler on the coin.

sirgonzo420
27th August 2010, 10:25 AM

Nah, let's not put any jews or jewish conspirators on the coin, mmmkay?

Thanks for your suggestion though.

:)

Gaillo
27th August 2010, 02:11 PM

How about we piss YOU off instead... by NOT putting Hitler on the coin? ;D

Neuro
27th August 2010, 02:31 PM

How about we piss YOU off instead... by NOT putting Hitler on the coin? ;D
WOT? Not even a small Hitler? I believe you have totally lost your mind Gaillo! ;D

Gaillo
27th August 2010, 02:40 PM
...I believe you have totally lost your mind Gaillo! ;D

Meh... I hardly ever used it anyway! ;D

Horn
27th August 2010, 03:38 PM
How about a portrait of Buddy Holly on the Obverse? |--0--|

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veyPHzxNjog

Ragnarok
14th September 2010, 07:39 AM
"WWGSUSDO?"

;D R.

Luis337
23rd September 2010, 10:07 AM
"WWGSUSDO?"

;D R.

LOL that's brilliant :D

Veni, vidi...evigilavi!
12th November 2010, 09:08 AM
"WWGSUSDO?"
;D R.

PERFECT!
I would also add: "Say NO to NWO!" or "Resist, illuminati(Renuo il illuminati)." <<(along bottom rim)

or something like that, and of course the pyramid with all seeing eye on the same facade(side) and the other side either lady liberty walking or bust profile and text "wwgsusdo" beside her(instead of ingod wetrust))and year mintage + www.gold-silver.us along bottom.

Silver Rocket Bitches!
2nd December 2010, 08:11 AM
I'd like a round with a burning dollar bill and at the bottom it says TOLD YA SO.

Ragnarok
7th March 2011, 02:32 PM
The Golden State Mint offers this obverse... ;D

Veni, vidi...evigilavi!
22nd March 2011, 09:07 PM
So.. umm...yeah hopefully at one point members become more interested in a silver round, now I like the combination of what I previously posted + WWGSUSDO?+ what Ragnarok posted, decisions ::)

Awoke
2nd April 2011, 12:57 PM
I would buy some GSus rounds, but I don't know how many....

With the POS they way it is going, I could maybe commit to 10.

Ragnarok
7th April 2011, 06:50 AM
"One ounce to rule them all
One ounce to find them
One ounce to bring the notes
And in the furnace burn them"

R.
(apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien)

Horn
7th April 2011, 07:10 AM
Is that a challenge, rokboy? 8)

Veni, vidi...evigilavi!
23rd October 2011, 10:52 PM
So, uhmm...I guess no mo' huh? Well hopefully ppl become intersted once again. I would love to have a souvenir before Zionists shut everything down. Let's hope more people join!

Shami-Amourae
29th October 2011, 06:18 PM
Well I could do a design if I knew how it would work. I can't afford to have it privately minted and would need to see examples. Part of my business is doing realistic 3D art so....um yeah.

osoab
29th October 2011, 06:20 PM
What about

FUCK
Zionists
Buy
Silver

Shami-Amourae
29th October 2011, 06:23 PM
What about

FUCK
Zionists
Buy
Silver

I'd rather do something very subtle and have a lot of hidden anti-Illuminati symbolism. Maybe bagels in an oven. I just don't get the process. Does it have to be an outline or what?

Shami-Amourae
29th October 2011, 07:06 PM
Here's an example with a classic cartoon image. I can do it with anything really.
http://gold-silver.us/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1447&d=1319940349

madfranks
29th October 2011, 07:28 PM
Here's an example with a classic cartoon image. I can do it with anything really.

Ha ha, that is well done! All I know is a basic round with simply text is cheap, once you start adding graphics and designs, it gets more expensive...

platinumdude
17th November 2011, 07:11 PM
Just buy AEs. They are the most liquid of coins.