PDA

View Full Version : Tetanus shot

horseshoe3
9th July 2010, 06:58 AM
I stepped on a nail yesterday. It was in a board that I had pulled out of my house during remodeling, so not much chance of infection there. The kicker is that I was wearing boots that I wear around the barnyard. My last tetanus shot was in 2004. They say to get one every 10 years or if you get a wound. I'm not totally against vaccines, but I try to get as few as possible.

Since my nervous system is fully developed, I'm not worried about getting autism myself. However, I do plan on having more children. Is there any evidence that birth defects can show up in kids who's father had been vaccinated shortly prior to conception?

Book
10th July 2010, 04:41 PM
PM Mamboni. Nobody else here is a real doctor.

|--0--|

Heimdhal
10th July 2010, 05:26 PM
Ive had a few myself (though none immediatley before conceiving). I wouldnt worry about it much myself. One shot every so often probably isnt going to fry your brain. I wouldnt make a regular habbit of them, and I dont like subjecting my kids (or any kids) to literaly dozens of shots in less than a 1 or 2 year period) but one tetnus shot in 6 years is probably ok and not subject to as drastic of side effects as say seasonal flu vaccs that have been rushed to market with little to practiclay no testing at all.

Double check with the bagel master mamboni though. Im sure hell tell you about the same. ;D

Ash_Williams
14th July 2010, 11:15 AM
I personally think the risk of infection from anything is pretty small. I do a lot of running and biking on trails as well as working in the forest taking down a couple old buildings so I'm usually cut open and bleeding at least four times a week. No shortage or rusty nails jabbed into me or injuries in dirty conditions, and I've never used anything except soap and a shower. I have not once had a problem with something getting infected or not healing right.

horseshoe3
29th July 2010, 08:10 AM
Yeah, I probably overreacted. I'm always getting cut as well while farming and never think twice about it. I guess there's something about stepping on a nail that triggers the "tetanus fear". It's been drilled into us from childhood that nails carry tetanus - nevermind that I'm probably more likely to get it from working cattle while having an open cut somewhere else on my body.

muffin
21st February 2012, 08:08 AM
drudging up an old thread here...

went to doc today for strep throat. as a side note, she told me i needed to get a tetnus shot. i asked isn't it normally given only when needed (ie: cut with rusty knife or step on a nail)? she says everyone should get one every 10 years as a booster just because everyone comes in contact with dirt. even just a hang nail with dirt in it can cause an infection which could lead to lock jaw.

i have the prescript to take to the pharmacy for a free shot. should i or shouldn't i? it's just not something i want to run out and get just because ......

Son-of-Liberty
21st February 2012, 11:10 AM
Like most other infection fears I think tetanus is overblown. I haven't had a shot in many years. Stepped on plenty of rusty nails roofing and never had a problem.

EE_
21st February 2012, 11:13 AM
I would only be worried if the nail was rusty from being outside for some time.
Just check the wound for the next couple days to make sure no white pus is coming out.

MNeagle
21st February 2012, 11:19 AM
Be sure to ask if it's only a tetanus. I was given one last year 'because you garden', and only was told while being given the shot: that it included a whopping cough vaccine as well. If I had had my wits about me, I would have declined.

They also had me sign a release for it, & I was not given a copy either. Heed my mistakes!

Son-of-Liberty
21st February 2012, 11:30 AM
If tetanus was that common our ancestors would never have survived. They were always working in the dirt and scrapes and cuts would have been common. Hygiene wasn't great then either. Like most disease it is probably more likely you will have problems if your immune system sucks.

I remember seeing a picture of someone with tetanus in school that used to scare the crap out of me. the person was completely arched over backward with a sunken in face, it looked excruciating. Now that I think about it though the person was very skinny, like a concentration camp victim or something so immune system would have been compromised due to malnutrition.

That is the type of brain washing they use on us though. They know that most people , especially children won't ask why the person was skin and bones but the mental image of "this is what will happen to you if you don't get your tetanus shot" will stick in your brain.

muffin
21st February 2012, 04:34 PM
If tetanus was that common our ancestors would never have survived. They were always working in the dirt and scrapes and cuts would have been common. Hygiene wasn't great then either. Like most disease it is probably more likely you will have problems if your immune system sucks.

this is exactly what i was wondering.

Glass
21st February 2012, 05:43 PM
I think the tetanus shot is over blown as well. Perhaps when you are kid and you are constantly hurting yourself..... like I was. the last time I spoke to my Doc about it he said geez you've had enough tetanus shots to last you the rest of your life. You don't need another one.

Remember that they use the tetanus shot as a population control tool. If a woman has 3 shots in I think it's 6 months, this will render her unable to carry a pregnancy. She will abort every child because her body will reject it.

mamboni
21st February 2012, 09:16 PM
Get the shot - it's safer than not getting the shot and risking Sardonicus syndrome. I never heard of any linkage to birth defects. BTW, lockjaw is often fatal.

Odds are better than 100:1 that you'll do fine without the shot. But you'll get an ulcer worrying about it.>:D

Oops, this OP note is from 2010! I hope horseshoe3 is still with the living!

muffin
22nd February 2012, 07:04 AM
i talked to mouse about it last night. he had a good point. he said i should just go ahead and get it, that way, if TSHTF then i'll be set for 10 years or so. i'll see if i can get some info from our friendly pharmacist on what company the shot comes from and what else they put in it.

thanks for all the replies!

ps: spoken like a true healthcare provider, mamboni. you sound like my mother ;)

BrewTech
22nd February 2012, 07:14 AM
I was always under the impression that the type of wound ("puncture", in most cases of nails) was more critical than anything else, because of the way it initially heals.

Old Herb Lady
22nd February 2012, 09:00 AM
INGREDIENTS ?
formaldehyde, aluminum phosphate, ammonium sulfate, thimerosal,
washed sheep RedBloodCells

Tetanus is from horse poop not rusty nails.

Add to SHTF Herbal Medicine Cabinet:

Herbal antibiotics: OIL of OREGANO, OLIVE LEAF EXTRACT,
and LOBELIA for an anti-inflammatory & antispasmotic

Edited to add; on the road so I can't type much as I want.
Yes, vaccinations damage you & weaken your DNA so much that you DO pass on that weakness to your future children.
Your DNA gets weakened and when they are born & vaxed then THEIR DNA is damaged & weakened also.
To the point in time we are in NOW. Have YOU EVER in your life seen so many kids soo sickly & damaged & weakened
because of what has happened to them because of modern medicine trying to help them & prevent disease ? (in the parents & children )
They're KILLING us and THEM . Look around.

Vaccinations = DEPOPULATION (or mass sickness) Especially diabetes in children brought on by the vax !!!! NO doubt in my mind at all !!!

Old Herb Lady
22nd February 2012, 09:44 AM
Slam me, flame me, cuss me out, I don't care anymore. I just don't. I've already heard it all & have been called worse face to face with people.
You need to know the truth. The truth hurts. I know.
It hurt me when I found all of this out , too. I didn't want to believe it,either, for God's sake.

Look at allergies, kids born with food allergies, environmental allergies, peanuts ??
It's CRAAZZZZYYY !!! We aren't supposed to be allergic to all this stuff !
Autoimmune diseases in children is at an all time high. It worse than ever.
Look at all these kids dying from cancer !!!!!! We are in a crisis !
The more antibiotics & the more vax we allow us or our kids to be injected with has WEAKENED the human race.
(in addition to EVERYTHING else you already know--toxic food, water, etc)

Just please people, Do your research--look into vaccinations, allergies, antibiotics, autoimmunity & you can find
how the generations are getting weaker &weaker & sicker & sicker all FOR MONEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!