PDA

View Full Version : do geographic areas of the country have "bad genes?"

chad
11th July 2010, 03:56 PM
been thinking about this. whenever i go out east, i hear tons of stories about this person has cancer, this weird disease, etc.

i see the same thing on some of my west coast friends' listmail servs. stories about how this or that person has cancer, this scary disease etc.

however, i hear none of this from my friends in the south, or midwest, nor do i encounter it where i live.

do you think the coasts, being by noxious stuff (ports, more trafic exhaust, etc) and being settled far longer (more gene pool mixing) than the interior of the country have weaker gene pools?

i don't know, i've just been thinking about this...

Ponce
11th July 2010, 04:00 PM
One of the reasons as to why I moved here......back in Jan of 2000 I knew that WTSHTF was going to happen and it was then that I decided to moved out of LS........took me two weeks in my comp to find the "perfect" place, here the wind comes in from the ocean and takes everthing inland and at the same time I am surrounded by hill and mountains that would stop a nuke.......besides, who would want to nuke Ponce and his cat?

Skirnir
11th July 2010, 04:01 PM
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_life_expectancy

Given that California somehow has one of the higher life expectancies, along with Washington, Hawaii, and New England, the glut of whose population is on the coast, I do not see an inverse correlation between coastal proximity and longevity.

That said, the southern region appears to have a shorter lifespan. The dominant ancestry, if memory serves, is Scotch-Irish. Scotland has an unusually low life expectancy rate, but Ireland's is almost 80 (compared to 78.4 in the US), so it may not be directly attributable to race. It is likely a cultural phenomenon; both the Scots and those in the southern region have a propensity toward deep-frying things, and both harbour a cultural bias against education.

Book
11th July 2010, 04:09 PM
People move around so much in America that location is not a good indicator. Cancer does run in families so there is the genetic component.

:oo-->

Ponce
11th July 2010, 04:13 PM
Well, family genes counts for a lot.........all my family members live to be over 100 with many also over 90............looks like you guys will have to put up with me for a heck of a long time ;D

chad
11th July 2010, 04:24 PM
People move around so much in America that location is not a good indicator. Cancer does run in families so there is the genetic component.

i don't think people move around that much. let's say 100 kids graduate from high school. i'd say probably only 25 of them "move away" across the country. the rest probably stay in the same state or maybe 1 over.

this is what's making me think about this. we all know about inbreeding, etc. it seems to me that the eastern seaboard has had roughly the same 75% of blood line since the 1700s. other parts of the country much less, since they weren't opened up for mass population until maybe 100 or more years later.

i think this explains why most of europe is retarded.

Skirnir
11th July 2010, 04:41 PM

i don't think people move around that much. let's say 100 kids graduate from high school. i'd say probably only 25 of them "move away" across the country. the rest probably stay in the same state or maybe 1 over.

this is what's making me think about this. we all know about inbreeding, etc. it seems to me that the eastern seaboard has had roughly the same 75% of blood line since the 1700s. other parts of the country much less, since they weren't opened up for mass population until maybe 100 or more years later.

From the mouth of the Rhodes Scholar himself everyone...

Let us look at Iceland, with a population below that of even the least populous state. One would expect the effects of inbreeding to be more pronounced than in the United States, yet Icelandic life expectancy is very high.

Phoenix
11th July 2010, 04:46 PM
Defective genes in America, in general, are highest where the population has been "in place" the longest. That means, again, in general, in the South, and Northeast.

I would regard the area with the "best genes" in the highest proportion to remain the Upper Midwest, due to the hearty folk from Northern Europe who are still predominant there.

Sadly, the "best genes" are always from the countryside...this is how it's always been...and when those genes move to the cities, they decay or do not get replicated at all. Despite the urban bias of the "intellectuals" in the concrete jungles, the working man and woman of the farm and ranch are always in better shape, physically and genetically, than those in the cities. The strain and hazards of real work keep it that way.

Large Sarge
11th July 2010, 04:47 PM
Diet
Environment (toxins, stress, etc)
Exercise
Relationships
Habits (smoking, etc)
spiritual/mental well being (gratitude, etc)
Sunshine

staying away from the doctor is a good habit

one book I read recently, by a guy I consider "brilliant", stated "virtually everyone over the age of 40 has some form of cancer" (discovered in virtually all autopsies on accidental deaths of people over 40)

its just those folks whose immune system breaks down are unable to fight it off, the rest of us deal with it every day

genes plays a very small role, except eye color, height, etc

Book
11th July 2010, 04:53 PM
BRCA1 and BRCA2: Cancer Risk and Genetic Testing

Key Points

* BRCA1 and BRCA2 are human genes that belong to a class of genes known as tumor suppressors. Mutation of these genes has been linked to hereditary breast and ovarian cancer (see Question 1).
* A woman's risk of developing breast and/or ovarian cancer is greatly increased if she inherits a deleterious (harmful) BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutation. Men with these mutations also have an increased risk of breast cancer. Both men and women who have harmful BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutations may be at increased risk of other cancers (see Question 2).

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Risk/BRCA

Phoenix
11th July 2010, 04:54 PM
Given that California somehow has one of the higher life expectancies, along with Washington, Hawaii, and New England, the glut of whose population is on the coast, I do not see an inverse correlation between coastal proximity and longevity.

Life expectancies do not always translate to "good genes." The West Coast and much of the East Coast has (at least relatively) pleasant weather, meaning less strain on human bodies. Plus, the Corporatists like concentrating there...Hollywood on the West and Jew York on the East...when money is no object, and real work is often not to be found, it's easy to live a long...empty...life.

That said, the southern region appears to have a shorter lifespan. The dominant ancestry, if memory serves, is Scotch-Irish. Scotland has an unusually low life expectancy rate, but Ireland's is almost 80 (compared to 78.4 in the US), so it may not be directly attributable to race. It is likely a cultural phenomenon; both the Scots and those in the southern region have a propensity toward deep-frying things, and both harbour a cultural bias against education.

Inbreeding, with no offense intended, is high in the South, as people have remained in place for centuries. The climate in the South is stressful, as well, even despite not being as cold, as much so as the Upper Midwest.

Diet has little to do with it.

And the insinuation, peddled by the Jewsmedia, of "ignorant" Southerners having a "cultural bias against education," is highly offensive to this native Californian. I've met some damn smart Southerners with little to no schooling. Going to school does not mean one is educated nor wise...in fact, the reverse is often true. Wisdom is far more valuable when gained from thinking and life experience.

Phoenix
11th July 2010, 04:57 PM
Let us look at Iceland, with a population below that of even the least populous state. One would expect the effects of inbreeding to be more pronounced than in the United States, yet Icelandic life expectancy is very high.

The Scandinavians started with a gene pool of extreme quality (especially in looks!). Iceland's inbreeding has been less effectual at causing problems since the raw stock had low(er) defects.

Phoenix
11th July 2010, 05:01 PM
one book I read recently, by a guy I consider "brilliant", stated "virtually everyone over the age of 40 has some form of cancer" (discovered in virtually all autopsies on accidental deaths of people over 40)

Cells that are defective are destroyed by the body in those whose bodily functions are in tip-top shape. Indeed, everyone has cells that could be the nexus of a cancer...even kids.

People get cancer (defective cells that don't stop replicating, don't replicate correctly, and/or are not neutralized by other cells) because their bodily systems are genetically handicapped, or stressed from environmental factors (oxidation, chemically poisoned, and so on).

philo beddoe
11th July 2010, 05:03 PM
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_life_expectancy

The Scots harbour a cultural bias against education? Education doesn't make you live longer......if you have education+rich, then maybe...where do you get your figures anyway?

Large Sarge
11th July 2010, 05:08 PM
BRCA1 and BRCA2: Cancer Risk and Genetic Testing

Key Points

* BRCA1 and BRCA2 are human genes that belong to a class of genes known as tumor suppressors. Mutation of these genes has been linked to hereditary breast and ovarian cancer (see Question 1).
* A woman's risk of developing breast and/or ovarian cancer is greatly increased if she inherits a deleterious (harmful) BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutation. Men with these mutations also have an increased risk of breast cancer. Both men and women who have harmful BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutations may be at increased risk of other cancers (see Question 2).

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Risk/BRCA

it plays a small role Book, check your source

Skirnir
11th July 2010, 05:11 PM

Life expectancies do not always translate to "good genes." The West Coast and much of the East Coast has (at least relatively) pleasant weather, meaning less strain on human bodies. Plus, the Corporatists like concentrating there...Hollywood on the West and Jew York on the East...when money is no object, and real work is often not to be found, it's easy to live a long...empty...life.

Inbreeding, with no offense intended, is high in the South, as people have remained in place for centuries. The climate in the South is stressful, as well, even despite not being as cold, as much so as the Upper Midwest.

Diet has little to do with it.

And the insinuation, peddled by the Jewsmedia, of "ignorant" Southerners having a "cultural bias against education," is highly offensive to this native Californian. I've met some damn smart Southerners with little to no schooling. Going to school does not mean one is educated nor wise...in fact, the reverse is often true. Wisdom is far more valuable when gained from thinking and life experience.

I happen to live in Virginia, and I assure you this cultural bias is alive and well; it is a less-violent manifestation of the tall poppy syndrome. The prevailing attitude is that one should not presume to be better than others, therefore to be high-faluting (native dialect - hifalootin) is not seemly, and that one ought to be content with one's lot as opposed to bettering one's self.

Though valid, the issue of wisdom is a red herring.

As for the media's portrayal, I think there is a grain of truth. Here is a list, by state, of the percentage of the population that has completed a four-year degree:
http://www.statemaster.com/graph/edu_per_of_peo_who_hav_com_a_bac_deg-who-completed-bachelor-s-degree

Degree attainment is also correlated to income, and going back to the issue of diet, fruit and vegetable consumption.

As for the inbreeding, I refer you again to the situation of Iceland. The south may have a higher incidence of cousin-marriage, thus explaining certain attributes.

chad
11th July 2010, 05:13 PM

sarcasm, not literalism. learn it, love it, use it.

Skirnir
11th July 2010, 05:19 PM

Proper capitalisation and colons: learn of them, love them, use them.

chad
11th July 2010, 05:30 PM

i'm talking about geographic areas of the united states, not icleand. iceland and europe in general have an entirely different diet, exposure to UV elements, climate, religious/cultural structure, etc. that all have a large impact on longevity beyond genetics. i'm sure there's an island somewhere in the south pacific with 100 people living on it that has a higher life expectancy than anywhere on earth, but then again, i'm talking about geographic areas of the united states, which are not hugely populated by immigrants from iceland or said island.

i've slagged off being a grammar cop. i've a degree in it, taught it for years, and find it to be senseless online.

additionally, if you would like to get in to a grammar police debate, i'd like to shift focus to your recent thread entitled "How many truly think for themselves, and what of it?"

i'm certain i've seen a few mistakes in that thread.

Phoenix
11th July 2010, 06:11 PM
As for the media's portrayal, I think there is a grain of truth. Here is a list, by state, of the percentage of the population that has completed a four-year degree:
http://www.statemaster.com/graph/edu_per_of_peo_who_hav_com_a_bac_deg-who-completed-bachelor-s-degree

Degree attainment is also correlated to income, and going back to the issue of diet, fruit and vegetable consumption.

I really don't mean this offensively, Skirnir, but your youth is showing here.

"Education" is not all that it's cracked up to be, and you'll likely learn that in the next decade or so of your life.

Modern "education" serves the System, and that is all. It teaches one to be a polished component of the globalist hive. While the hard sciences can still be learned in the modern "education" system, it nonetheless stifles real science discovery, e.g., shunning any alternative theories or "inconvenient" facts which do not "fit" within the "acceptable" spectrum of "knowledge."

There are many who consume the FDA-mandated number of fruits and vegetables, and croak at 40 anyways. Humans do not have a universal diet which must be followed for proper health (save perhaps for eating whole, natural foods sans processing). Some populations eat high levels of saturated fat and experience infrequent to no heart disease. The modern "education" system teaches flash pasteurization, irradiation, fluoridation, chemical preservation, hydrogenation, homogenization, and many other adulterations...and despite the proclamation of how "scientific" these are, real knowledge is retained by the "uneducated" that these are among the greatest causes of shortened longevity.

Gaillo
11th July 2010, 11:21 PM

Proper spelling of Capitalization. Learn it, love it, use it. ;D

philo beddoe
11th July 2010, 11:24 PM
Well, family genes counts for a lot.........all my family members live to be over 100 with many also over 90............looks like you guys will have to put up with me for a heck of a long time ;D
Castro came out of hiding today a fine looking juban

Mouse
11th July 2010, 11:49 PM

Any colour you choose. As long as it's red, white, and blue.

gunDriller
12th July 2010, 01:52 AM
Modern "education" serves the System, and that is all. It teaches one to be a polished component of the globalist hive.

and proponent.

Phoenix
12th July 2010, 02:42 AM

Skirnir clearly has a different flavour of English than we. I wonder which educational centre he attended?

;D

gunDriller
12th July 2010, 02:04 PM
somehow this Crime Map seems relevant -

http://www.lewrockwell.com/sardi/incrimus.gif

ximmy
12th July 2010, 05:03 PM
"Who's pickin the banjo here?"