PDA

View Full Version : Fractional Gold Oriana Bars and Ovals

SLV^GLD
12th July 2010, 06:59 AM
I've got a 10 year wedding anniversary coming up and one of the things I've been considering for quite some time as a nice gift has been a gold Oriana pendant. These used to be fairly prevalent on eBay and other places but right now they are as scarce as hen's teeth. I recall several users here talking about them last fall when their popularity was peaking. I am curious to know if anyone here knows where they can be obtained online or if they, themselves, have any to sell.

I've never had one in my hand so I unsure what denomination would be appropriate for for necklace or earring use. I'd be interested in the bars (esp with assay car) for stacking but I'm primarily interested in the oval variety already fitted for a chain. I am assuming the 5g denomination is most fitting for dainty neck wear.

These things are 24k and I am also concerned about their viability as jewelry. Does anyone have any experience with wearing these as pendants and observing how well they wear with damage?

Any input or offers to sell would be most appreciated.

Texan
13th July 2010, 07:25 PM
I don't know where to find the Oriana pendants, but Pamp Suisse has some nice five gram pendants also:

http://www.apmex.com/Product/55833/5_gram_999_Fine_Gold_Oval_Pendant___Rose_Design.as px
http://www.apmex.com/Product/55832/5_gram_999_Fine_Gold_Oval_Pendant___Fortuna_Design .aspx

I would have got the rose one for my girl, but I'm a procrastinator. I ended up getting her a 1/4 oz Philharmonic in a bezel from a local coin shop. Even though it's 24k it has held up fine.

What karat chain do you intend to pair the pendant with? I had an 18k chain, and it looked beautiful with the Philharmonic whereas a Krugerrand clashed.

Skirnir
13th July 2010, 08:04 PM
The colour would depend upon what material the chain is alloyed with. That said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so it may be judged on a case-by-case basis.