PDA

View Full Version : BP Now Testing Nuclear Bomb!!

TPTB
13th July 2010, 06:31 AM
:o Yikes? Joy? :-\

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/july122010/gulf-nighmare-ta.php

Why BP is Readying a 'Super Weapon' to Avert Escalating Gulf Nightmare
By Terrence Aym Salem-News.com

While the plan would admittedly only be executed if a worst case scenario seemed imminent, some geo-chemists have expressed concerns that detonating a nuke in the Gulf might ignite the methane.
Nuclear bomb
Courtesy: shatterlimits.com

(CHICAGO) - In a desperate attempt to stop a huge area of the Gulf ocean floor from possibly rupturing due to subterranean methane gas (leading to a calamity no human has ever seen) BP has ripped a page from science fiction books.

The giant oil company is now quietly preparing to test a small nuclear device in a frenzied rush against time to quell a cascading catastrophe. If successful they will have the capability to detonate a controlled fusion generated pulse.

While the world watches BP's attempt to contain the oil gusher at the former Deepwater Horizon site, company officials have given the green light on an astounding plan to use what is known as a nuclear EPFCG charge if all else fails.

Sea floor compromised

Reports still indicate that methane is flooding the Gulf waters at a rate one million times more than normal, and the NOAA research vessel, Thomas Jefferson has reported spotting new fissures. [1]

Last week the science ship stunned some reporters with the revelation that the oceanographic team had discovered and measured a rift in the ocean floor miles from the BP wellhead. The rift was reported to be more than 100 feet long and widening. Oil and methane continues to plume from that rift.

BP has also admitted damage beneath the sea floor. [2]

The Omega plan

Most enterprises—whether business, government, or exploration—have a Plan B to fall back on. To date, BP has attempted Plans B through N. Yet it is the last ditch plan-the Omega plan-that hold the greatest risk. Yet that plan may be the final hope to stop what some insiders now consider a catastrophe that could culminate with a world-killing mass extinction event that modern civilization could not survive.

At a super-secret security base-CFB Suffield-located in southern Alberta, Canada, area reports indicate that high level engineers, physicists and military scientists are feverishly working to complete an ‘explosively pumped flux compression generator’ (EPFCG).

According to published scientific papers [see sources below] an EPFCG generator can be powered by a very small, controlled fusion explosion-in other words, a tiny nuclear bomb.

Why the UK based BP has set up operations at CFB-Suffield is obvious: The company already runs three oil rigs on the base, have worked with Canada’s chemical and biological efforts on and off for almost 40 years, and have strong ties to the Commonwealth’s infrastructure.

The CFB Base, which incorporates DRDC Suffield, is one of research six Canadian military facilities and critical to the security of the country. DRDC Suffield is the lead facility for all of Canada’s engineering and weapons systems R&D.

The EPFCG—a Star Wars super weapon

A device that can only be used once, the EPFCG generates a high power electromagnetic pulse. It achieves this by using a powerful explosive, preferably nuclear. Advanced, nuclear driven EPFCGs can instantaneously create up to billions of amperes and hundreds of terawatts. Such raw power exceeds lighting bolts by huge orders of magnitude.

The pulse can be shaped and directed and used to knock out electronics-or more importantly in this case—to fuse virtually any material—including crumbling rock strata deep under the sea. The fantastically energized pulse can also compress objects to very high pressures and densities. [3]

According to engineers familiar with the technology, the devices can generate plasma arcs hotter than the surface of the sun that will melt and fuse materials in nanoseconds.

A special security force manned by members of AEGIS, a UK based paramilitary security corporation similar to the old US Blackwater Security company, is reported to have cordoned off the base. The security lid has clamped down hard while the engineers and scientists work with the nuclear materials.

BP’s secret Omega Plan kicked off in earnest on July 7th, 2010. According to sources on the base the British Geological Survey (BGS), the United States Geological Survey (USGS), BP and Halliburton have set up a test site at one of the drill rigs.

While the plan would admittedly only be executed if a worst case scenario seemed imminent, some geo-chemists have expressed concerns that detonating an EPFCG in the Gulf might ignite the methane.

Meanwhile the preparations for the test continue in Canada.

Large Sarge
13th July 2010, 06:47 AM

Sea floor compromised

Reports still indicate that methane is flooding the Gulf waters at a rate one million times more than normal, and the NOAA research vessel, Thomas Jefferson has reported spotting new fissures. [1]

Last week the science ship stunned some reporters with the revelation that the oceanographic team had discovered and measured a rift in the ocean floor miles from the BP wellhead. The rift was reported to be more than 100 feet long and widening. Oil and methane continues to plume from that rift.

[/quote]

100 feet wide, and widening

Matt Simmons proved correct again

the riot act
13th July 2010, 07:00 AM
BS, the article has no reference to a nuke.

Pure misleading title, as can be expected.

EDIT: Missed the link. Otherwise is is pure speculation. Repeat after me, 'No nukes will be used to close this well'. Other state of the art explosives would be much more effective. Nukes work best in sandy areas.(turning the sand to glass) The GOM is limestone, very porous, only a loony tune would consider a nuke in that.

Large Sarge
13th July 2010, 07:04 AM

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/july122010/gulf-nighmare-ta.php

The giant oil company is now quietly preparing to test a small nuclear device in a frenzied rush against time to quell a cascading catastrophe. If successful they will have the capability to detonate a controlled fusion generated pulse.

link and nuke

Hmm

the riot act
13th July 2010, 07:07 AM
We shall find out today, if all the rumors (rumors because no-one knows yet) of cracked casings, ruptured sides are true, when they start to screw down the rams on top. If it's going to blow it will be either today or tomorrow.

Large Sarge
13th July 2010, 07:11 AM
to all gulf coast members reading this, I would get out of dodge ASAP

this 100 foot hole spewing methane and oil is a real game changer, not only the poison gas issue, but you have the real threat of the tsunami/explosion now

all that methane is in liquid form 5+ miles below the earth (heavily compressed), as the compression equalizes with the methane and the sea water it could cause a massive explosion

this is a HUGE hole spewing oil and methane (poison)

they keep showing video of some 22 inch pipe, that they reportedly fixed, meanwhile 7 miles away is a 100 FOOT hole (and growing)

Wake up folks, get out of dodge while you still can

SLV^GLD
13th July 2010, 07:14 AM

Sea floor compromised

100 feet wide, and widening

Matt Simmons proved correct again

[/quote]Incorrect, Mr. Simmons conflated the terms long and wide and you fell for it. Allegedly there is a rift that is 100 feet long and allegedly it is widening. When he says widening does he actually mean lengthening? Which direction is this alleged thing supposedly growing?

Finally, the idea of using a nuclear device is not "tearing a page from science fiction books", it is considering the successful efforts of the Russians on previous underwater oil leaks. The differences being the pressures created by this well and the makeup of the seabed in this region.

With reporting like that I can't give any merit to it, regardless if I do understand the principle.

Large Sarge
13th July 2010, 07:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDGAoU1H2gM

the riot act
13th July 2010, 07:17 AM
Took a while to chase down the original article on this. It begins here on a site called "helium". (never heard of them)

Why BP is readying a 'super weapon' to avert escalating Gulf nightmare
http://www.helium.com/items/1889648-bp-preparing-super-weapon-to-avert-escalating-gulf-nightmare
1 of 1
Write Now Write now User ToolsArticle Tools
by Terrence Aym

* Writing Level StarWriting Level StarWriting Level StarWriting Level Star

In a desperate attempt to stop a huge area of the Gulf ocean floor from possibly rupturing due to subterranean methane gas (leading to a calamity no human has ever seen) BP has ripped a page from science fiction books.

While the world watches BP's attempt to contain the oil gusher at the former Deepwater Horizon site, company officials have given the green light on an astounding plan to use what is known as a nuclear EPFCG charge if all else fails.

Sea floor compromised

BP has also admitted damage beneath the sea floor. [2]

The Omega plan

Most enterprises—whether business, government, or exploration—have a Plan B to fall back on. To date, BP has attempted Plans B through N. Yet it is the last ditch plan-the Omega plan-that hold the greatest risk. Yet that plan may be the final hope to stop what some insiders now consider a catastrophe that could culminate with a world-killing mass extinction event that modern civilization could not survive.

At a super-secret security base-CFB Suffield-located in southern Alberta, Canada, area reports indicate that high level engineers, physicists and military scientists are feverishly working to complete an ‘explosively pumped flux compression generator’ (EPFCG).

According to published scientific papers [see sources below] an EPFCG generator can be powered by a very small, controlled fusion explosion-in other words, a tiny nuclear bomb.

Why the UK based BP has set up operations at CFB-Suffield is obvious: The company already runs three oil rigs on the base, have worked with Canada’s chemical and biological efforts on and off for almost 40 years, and have strong ties to the Commonwealth’s infrastructure.

The CFB Base, which incorporates DRDC Suffield, is one of six Canadian military

Page 2
http://www.helium.com/items/1889648-bp-preparing-super-weapon-to-avert-escalating-gulf-nightmare?page=2

Page 2 of 2

research facilities and critical to the security of the country. DRDC Suffield is the lead facility for all of Canada’s engineering and weapons systems R&D.

The EPFCG—a Star Wars super weapon

A device that can only be used once, the EPFCG generates a high power electromagnetic pulse. It achieves this by using a powerful explosive, preferably nuclear. Advanced, nuclear driven EPFCGs can instantaneously create up to billions of amperes and hundreds of terawatts. Such raw power exceeds lighting bolts by huge orders of magnitude.

The pulse can be shaped and directed and used to knock out electronics-or more importantly in this case—to fuse virtually any material—including crumbling rock strata deep under the sea. The fantastically energized pulse can also compress objects to very high pressures and densities. [3]

According to engineers familiar with the technology, the devices can generate plasma arcs hotter than the surface of the sun that will melt and fuse materials in nanoseconds.

A special security force manned by members of AEGIS, a UK based paramilitary security corporation similar to the old US Blackwater Security company, is reported to have cordoned off the base. The security lid has clamped down hard while the engineers and scientists work with the nuclear materials.

BP’s secret Omega Plan kicked off in earnest on July 7th, 2010. According to sources on the base the British Geological Survey (BGS), the United States Geological Survey (USGS), BP and Halliburton have set up a test site at one of the drill rigs.

While the plan would admittedly only be executed if a worst case scenario seemed imminent, some geo-chemists have expressed concerns that detonating an EPFCG in the Gulf might ignite the methane.

Meanwhile the preparations for the test continue in Canada.
. . .

[1] “Methane in Gulf 'astonishingly high'-US scientist”

[2] “BP Official Admits to Damage Beneath the Sea Floor”

[3] Explosively pumped flux compression generator (EPFCG)

Sources: Scientific papers on a ‘super weapon’

"Scientific Collaborations Between Los Alamos and Arzamas-16 Using Explosive-Driven Flux Compression Generators" - PDF

"An Introduction to Explosive Magnetic Flux Compression Generators" - PDF
[‘Stamped; DO NOT CIRCULATE’]

"Magnetized Target Fusion - An Ultra High Energy Approach in an Unexplored Parameter Space" - PDF

Who is Terrence Aym? follow the link.
http://www.helium.com/users/529618/show_articles

All speculation, on Terrance Aym's part

the riot act
13th July 2010, 07:27 AM
Wonder what Simmions is going to do if BP pulls this off. The guy already has no creditability. Hey, I'm no BP fan by any means, but all of this scare mongering is what the gov wants, FEAR, just like the scary muzlems. And you guys are playing right along.

Best thing is to just sit back and make plans for the worse.

MODIFIES 10:37 AM EDT.

nd prominent oil industry insider Matt Simmons believes that the well casing may have been destroyed when the oil rig exploded. Simmons was an energy adviser to President George W. Bush, is an adviser to the Oil Depletion Analysis Centre, and is a member of the National Petroleum Council and the Council on Foreign Relations.

Unless Matt Simmons himself has been down there to check the site himself what he believer is speculation.

Also Simmons has a large SHORT position in BP, and is loosing his shirt right now. BP rightfully is going to burn all the smart ass shorts soon.

So Simmons has to keep releasing these statements to get folks to SELL so he doesn't take a beat!

Large Sarge
13th July 2010, 07:33 AM
this is a good site

has a lot of the historical interviews, reports, etc

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2010/06/evidence-points-to-destruction-beneath.html

the riot act
13th July 2010, 07:34 AM

this 100 foot hole spewing methane and oil is a real game changer, not only the poison gas issue, but you have the real threat of the tsunami/explosion now

all that methane is in liquid form 5+ miles below the earth (heavily compressed), as the compression equalizes with the methane and the sea water it could cause a massive explosion

they keep showing video of some 22 inch pipe, that they reportedly fixed, meanwhile 7 miles away is a 100 FOOT hole (and growing)

Sorry Sarge but so far I'm staying. There will be no tsunami, and tidal wave where I am. Now those of you in the TX, LA, AL, area may want to consider it. But I am way to south and east to worry. Plus the smart money isn't on Simmon's ranting.

Large Sarge
13th July 2010, 07:40 AM
a wide (100 foot+) crater spewing natural gas for over 35 years

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fFkpvbUkJA&feature=PlayList&p=8144ECABF66554C0&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=26

Large Sarge
13th July 2010, 07:41 AM
I think perhaps 20 miles inland is the limit for any tsunami

now the pollution afterwards might be an issue farther inland

the riot act
13th July 2010, 07:45 AM

Always have respected your opinion Sarge. ;)

I just happen to be on the other side of this one. No big explosion for me.

But we can both agree that the GOM is fucked for many a decade.

TPTB
13th July 2010, 07:47 AM
BS, the article has no reference to a nuke.

Pure misleading title, as can be expected.

EDIT: Missed the link. Otherwise is is pure speculation. Repeat after me, 'No nukes will be used to close this well'. Other state of the art explosives would be much more effective. Nukes work best in sandy areas.(turning the sand to glass) The GOM is limestone, very porous, only a loony tune would consider a nuke in that.

I appreciate your skepticism, but I don't think you read the article very well before calling it out.
The article may be full of shit, but it looks legit.

Sometimes I think there is an all out full scale information war here on the Internet. A war facilitated by TPTB to de-legitimize Internet News to such an extent that no one will be able to take any news seriously, thus shrewdly and cynically herding us "Internutters" back into the official MSM communications corral.

I mean, who knows what is legitimate news anymore? There is no way to vet this sort of information.

In one respect this article is totally insane. It's stating that a private energy Corporation is working on a super nuclear device? That in itself is simply crazy in the context of world politics.

Yet at the same time confirms with absolute clarity that these giant mega- Energy Corporations are in fact and deed, de-facto government entities.

In one article we have the Coast Guard preventing skimmer vessels from working because they won't pass life preserver or environmental standards,...DUH!... and another article claiming BP is building a super nukes in a secret bunker in Canada.... WTeFFinF!

In essence I agree with you. I'm annoyed by all the fear mongering as well. It seems like a huge dis-info gang bang to me, and if this Gulf mess is really as world rending horrific as is being discussed, we're all toast anyway.

Large Sarge
13th July 2010, 07:50 AM

Always have respected your opinion Sarge. ;)

I just happen to be on the other side of this one. No big explosion for me.

But we can both agree that the GOM is f*cked for many a decade.

I hope your correct.

but that methane is a liquid down there, and the pressures & temps are extreme (extremely cold sea water, and extremely war and pressurzed liquid methane)

just a 2 + 2 thing

and then you got the navy suddenly "fighting drugs in Costa Rica"

??? ??? ??? ???

DMac
13th July 2010, 07:51 AM
TPTB,

Good post. I agree with your premise.

undgrd
13th July 2010, 07:52 AM
I think too many are focused on the fact they're using the word nuclear in the article. Read it again. It's a very small nuclear device which fuels the EMP. The EMP is what will/could/should fuse the bedrock.

SLV^GLD
13th July 2010, 07:53 AM
At least we can respectfully disagree.

I take issue with methane being termed a poison gas. It's a simple asphyxiant, meaning if you don't breathe enough oxygen then you suffocate. It may be responsible for oxygen depletion in the water, in that sense it is detrimental to aquatic life but it still functions as an asphyxiant, not a poison.

It is an explosive gas at high enough concentration and with an ignition source. There is a real possibility this is how Deepwater Horizon went down. You will note that with a direct outlet to the surface and an ignition source all you got was a fireball and a burning rig. Oxygen is still required for inflammability, something you're not going to get at the bottom of the ocean. The only credible scare I've heard from this is the very remote possibility of a large bubble surfacing and sinking a ship (considered a reason for disappearances in the Bermuda Triangle).

I am me, I am free
13th July 2010, 07:53 AM
If true, then Beyond Prosecution doesn't have much faith in their 'final solution', i.e. the relief wells.

Large Sarge
13th July 2010, 07:57 AM
the methane is compressed, and liquid (due to the immense pressures down there)

they have opened a hole

the pressures will try to equalize

and when the seawater enters the cavern....

Boom

either steam being jetted

or

liquid methane being turned to gas rapidly

Large Sarge
13th July 2010, 07:58 AM
the methane is compressed, and liquid (due to the immense pressures down there)

they have opened a hole

the pressures will try to equalize

and when the seawater enters the cavern....

Boom

either steam being jetted

or

liquid methane being turned to gas rapidly

neither of which require oxygen

Large Sarge
13th July 2010, 08:00 AM
I am unsure on the EMP thing, and the heat produced/reaction

but given this event is so serious, I think even the govt flunkies would say "full cooperation" is expected from all parties.

the old "need to know" in most govt agencies would be thrown out the window IMO

Libertytree
13th July 2010, 08:25 AM

Well, if all this is coming to a conclusion in the next day or two I'll just go ahead and say "It's been nice knowin' yaw'll, adios". My location would certainly be toast and all this worrying about it would have been for naught. Mayhaps a cold beer is in order :)

the riot act
13th July 2010, 08:29 AM
Without quoting the excellent remarks made here, I personally feel that they might end up using powerful explosives to attempt to seal the well, but not a nuclear device.

That would bring way to much heat down on Bambi.

At least we can respectfully disagree.

I take issue with methane being termed a poison gas. It's a simple asphyxiant, meaning if you don't breathe enough oxygen then you suffocate. It may be responsible for oxygen depletion in the water, in that sense it is detrimental to aquatic life but it still functions as an asphyxiant, not a poison.

It is an explosive gas at high enough concentration and with an ignition source. There is a real possibility this is how Deepwater Horizon went down. You will note that with a direct outlet to the surface and an ignition source all you got was a fireball and a burning rig. Oxygen is still required for inflammability, something you're not going to get at the bottom of the ocean. The only credible scare I've heard from this is the very remote possibility of a large bubble surfacing and sinking a ship (considered a reason for disappearances in the Bermuda Triangle).

Agreed. +1

Hatha Sunahara
13th July 2010, 10:55 AM
How small is a small nuclear device? 10KT? 50KT? 150KT? And where would ground zero be? At the sea floor? Or below the sea floor?

If they think they can stop the flow with pumped concrete, it would seem that all they have to do is to create a blockage in the bore they drilled. A nuclear device could move a lot of earth sideways--next to a cavity it creates in the earth. That cavity would be lined with volcanic glass, and surrounded with powdered rock. It sounds like they can direct the energy, perhaps down the hole, perhaps cauterizing and sealing it. The blast could also destabilize the rock formations below and cause a geologic disturbance that would open new paths for the oil and gas to escape.

If the nuclear option doesn't work, will they just repeat it until it does work? Using bigger blasts?

I think the nuclear option is a fallback if the relief wells don't get the gusher under control.

Hatha

DMac
13th July 2010, 10:59 AM
How small is a small nuclear device? 10KT? 50KT? 150KT? And where would ground zero be? At the sea floor? Or below the sea floor?

If they think they can stop the flow with pumped concrete, it would seem that all they have to do is to create a blockage in the bore they drilled. A nuclear device could move a lot of earth sideways--next to a cavity it creates in the earth. That cavity would be lined with volcanic glass, and surrounded with powdered rock. It sounds like they can direct the energy, perhaps down the hole, perhaps cauterizing and sealing it. The blast could also destabilize the rock formations below and cause a geologic disturbance that would open new paths for the oil and gas to escape.

If the nuclear option doesn't work, will they just repeat it until it does work? Using bigger blasts?

I think the nuclear option is a fallback if the relief wells don't get the gusher under control.

Hatha

The nuke (~10kt) would be set off over 1000 feet (if not much deeper) under the sea floor. With no place for the energy to expand it would melt all of the surrounding rock.

Phoenix
13th July 2010, 02:29 PM
a controlled fusion generated pulse

WTF?

I suspect the whole story is...

the riot act
13th July 2010, 02:39 PM
a controlled fusion generated pulse

WTF?

I suspect the whole story is...

Absoultly agree with you.

There will be no nukes used. Forget that option.

High explosives yes, but no nukes.

-------------

Regardless, BP has said that they will (and they have already begun to lay pipe) pump the well if it can't be stopped. This might be the plan that they are hiding. Control the WW and drill more wells to pump the oil. They just have to stop the leaking.

In my opinion they (BP) really don't want to plug that well solid. They want the oil. Just have to stop the leaking into the Gulf.

TPTB
13th July 2010, 02:58 PM
Of course this article could be bullshit, but there is a technology called EPFCG that could conceivably be used in conjunction with small nukes, although I'm not sure why it would be necessary to use nuclear rather than chemical explosives.

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Reports/2006/04/The-Viability-of-Directed-Energy-Weapons

Another power source, well-suited to one-time use in an e-bomb, is the Explosively Pumped Flux Compression Generator (EPFCG). The EPFCG uses chemical explosives to compress an electriÂ*cally charged coil. This destroys the device but proÂ*duces electrical pulses in the terawatt range-the equivalent of 10 to 1,000 lightning strikes.[18]

Paired with a microwave generator, an EPFCG could produce an ultrashort, intense microwave burst. Depending on factors such as burst height, microwave frequency, and the shielding around the target electronics, such an e-bomb could have an effective range of several hundred meters.[19]

And then there's this from wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Explosively_pumped_flux_compression_generator

An explosively pumped flux compression generator (EPFCG) is a device used to generate a high-power electromagnetic pulse by compressing magnetic flux using high explosive.

An EPFCG can be used only once as a pulsed power supply since the device is physically destroyed during operation. An EPFCG package that could be easily carried by a person can produce pulses in the millions of amperes and tens of terawatts, exceeding the power of a lightning strike by orders of magnitude.[citation needed] They require a starting current pulse to operate, usually supplied by capacitors.

Explosively pumped flux compression generators are popular as power sources for electronic warfare devices known as transient electromagnetic devices that generate an electromagnetic pulse without the costs and side effects of a nuclear weapon. They also can be used to accelerate objects to extreme velocities, and compress objects to very high pressures and densities; this gives them a role as a physics research tool.

The first work on these generators was conducted by the VNIIEF center for nuclear research in Sarov at the beginning of the 1950s, and then, independently, by Los Alamos National Laboratory in the United States.

Phoenix
13th July 2010, 03:25 PM
Of course this article could be bullsh*t, but there is a technology called EPFCG that could conceivably be used in conjunction with small nukes, although I'm not sure why it would be necessary to use nuclear rather than chemical explosives.

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Reports/2006/04/The-Viability-of-Directed-Energy-Weapons

Another power source, well-suited to one-time use in an e-bomb, is the Explosively Pumped Flux Compression Generator (EPFCG). The EPFCG uses chemical explosives to compress an electriÂ*cally charged coil. This destroys the device but proÂ*duces electrical pulses in the terawatt range-the equivalent of 10 to 1,000 lightning strikes.[18]

Paired with a microwave generator, an EPFCG could produce an ultrashort, intense microwave burst. Depending on factors such as burst height, microwave frequency, and the shielding around the target electronics, such an e-bomb could have an effective range of several hundred meters.[19]

And then there's this from wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Explosively_pumped_flux_compression_generator

An explosively pumped flux compression generator (EPFCG) is a device used to generate a high-power electromagnetic pulse by compressing magnetic flux using high explosive.

An EPFCG can be used only once as a pulsed power supply since the device is physically destroyed during operation. An EPFCG package that could be easily carried by a person can produce pulses in the millions of amperes and tens of terawatts, exceeding the power of a lightning strike by orders of magnitude.[citation needed] They require a starting current pulse to operate, usually supplied by capacitors.

Explosively pumped flux compression generators are popular as power sources for electronic warfare devices known as transient electromagnetic devices that generate an electromagnetic pulse without the costs and side effects of a nuclear weapon. They also can be used to accelerate objects to extreme velocities, and compress objects to very high pressures and densities; this gives them a role as a physics research tool.

The first work on these generators was conducted by the VNIIEF center for nuclear research in Sarov at the beginning of the 1950s, and then, independently, by Los Alamos National Laboratory in the United States.

An EMP bomb would have absolutely no application in this problem. Brute explosive force, not electromagnetic energy, would be required. But I agree with others that it appears the nuclear option is consigned to the trash bin of "effective, but 'undesirable'" solutions.

Large Sarge
13th July 2010, 03:31 PM
I read an article awhile back, said basically the russians used nukes to close those wells in the early 70's because it was the only technology strong enough

the author of the article felt we have enough "exotic explosives" now that are strong enough to do it.

the riot act
13th July 2010, 05:13 PM
I read an article awhile back, said basically the russians used nukes to close those wells in the early 70's because it was the only technology strong enough

the author of the article felt we have enough "exotic explosives" now that are strong enough to do it.

Read that also. But this is the difference, and don't ask me to much because I am not a expert at anything.

They were gas wells, not oil. Also they were above ground not 18,000 feet down, under 5,000 ft of sea.

If they do decide to use them, you can bet that we won't know about it unless things go real bad.