PDA

View Full Version : Scored a 64 silver quarter.

7th trump
14th July 2010, 01:18 PM
Was at a local outlet store stocking up on large cans of veggies and what do you know....................
Heard the sound of silver clinking on the counter as the lady dropped the quarter while handing the change to me.

Unfortunately................she couldnt find anymore in the register after asking.

Ponce
14th July 2010, 01:44 PM
One of this days I'll have to check all my coins to see how many I can find......5 five gallons full of coins.

jaybone
14th July 2010, 01:49 PM
I LOVE it when that happens, free silver!
As soon as any pre-64 hits my pocket I know there is one in there from the jingle jangle.
congrats, waay better than finding a lucky penny on the ground, stupid zinc.

iOWNme
14th July 2010, 01:54 PM
Very cool!

And as someone who only recently started doing this, i can say that in the past year after going through almost all of my change and looking through every piece of change i get, i can say that i have found........0

Silver Rocket Bitches!
14th July 2010, 02:38 PM
One of this days I'll have to check all my coins to see how many I can find......5 five gallons full of coins.

Coinstar machines reject silver dimes and quarters. Not halves though.

Much easier than checking all that change...

gunDriller
14th July 2010, 03:01 PM
http://www.coinshop.com/images/proofcoins/1964/64p25.jpg

pics ? best i could do.

yeah, it's always nice to get a genuine piece of silver.

1970 silver art
14th July 2010, 03:22 PM
It has been almost 2 years ago since I found silver in my change. The only silver that I found in my change was a 1943 Merc. dime. I am always looking when I get any change back.

Congrats on your silver quarter score. :)

Gaillo
14th July 2010, 05:29 PM
I got a 1964 Kennedy half in my change yesterday... didn't realize it until I got home, or I probably would have bought all the coins in the register! ;)

silverchris
14th July 2010, 06:58 PM
Nice score, been atleast 5 years since I scored one in my change,