PDA

View Full Version : Kindergarten Sex Ed ???

StackerKen
14th July 2010, 04:15 PM
http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/07/14/helena-montana-considers-sex-ed-for-kindergarteners/

The Helena Public Schools Board of trustees faced a large and emotionally charged crowd at its meeting Tuesday night as it considers whether to begin its sexual education curriculum in kindergarten.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jAy-JJPm2NGeA50Lero_jsfgAFkQD9GV3PMO0

Helena school board gets earful on sex ed proposal
By MATT GOURAS (AP) – 25 minutes ago
HELENA, Mont. — A proposed sex education program that teaches fifth-graders the different ways people have intercourse and first-graders about gay love has infuriated parents and forced the school board to take a closer look at the issue.
Helena school trustees were swamped Tuesday night at a hearing that left many of the hundreds of parents in attendance standing outside a packed board room. They urged the school board in this city nestled in the Rocky Mountains to take the sex education program back to the drawing board.
The proposed 62-page document covers a broad health and nutrition education program and took two years to draft. But it is the small portion dealing with sexual education that has drawn the ire of many in the community who feel it is being pushed forward despite its obvious controversial nature.
Parents appeared most worried about pieces of the plan that teaches first-graders about same-gender relationships, fifth-graders that sexual intercourse includes "vaginal, oral, or anal penetration," and high school students about erotic art. The curriculum would also teach kindergartners anatomical terms such as penis, vagina, breast, nipples, testicles, scrotum and uterus.
"They made this more controversial by adding in all this stuff like same-gender relationships to small children, teaching body parts to kindergartners, and teaching erotic art to ninth through 12th-graders," Mikal Wilkerson, who has five children in the school system and a husband who sits on the school board, said Wednesday in an interview. "They even teach about anxiety about sexual performance in high school."
Supporters say the proposed health education curriculum contains honest, science-based information on wellness and allows students to make better decisions. At Tuesday's meeting they urged the board to accept the policy.
"This is about reality and truth so our kids don't grow up in La-La Land, and have sufficient knowledge to make informed decisions," Mary Ann Dunwell said in the Helena Independent Record.
The board takes the issue up again next month, and the outrage suggests that members could alter the plan to deal with all the complaints. One resident said parents may have to consider impeachment of board members or a lawsuit if it goes forward.
Marianne Rencher, a lawyer who will have a second-grader and a kindergartner in the school system next year, wants certain aspects of the sex education program taken out, particularly the fifth-grade curriculum about intercourse. She said the rest of the health program could go forward while the sex education is recrafted.
Trustee Terry Beaver said he thinks much in the policy is favorable, but believes the public backlash means they should carve out the sexuality elements and deal with them separately.
"It appears to be a strong divisive issue. I think when the community is that strongly divided we need to take a further look at it," Beaver said.
Beaver said his issue with the plan revolves on whether certain components are being taught too young.
"I don't know that anything needs to be taken out," he said. "Some of it might be age inappropriate. We are going to have to consider how we teach it and when we teach it."
Copyright © 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Cebu_4_2
14th July 2010, 05:10 PM
Immorality, teach them young, warp them before they even have a clue. I am sure glad my kid has more sense than most sheeple, he can see it everywhere. Tells me about the propaganda at school, shows me his homework that has absolutely nothing to do with anything you would ever need in this world. Rockefeller did a good job on the education and medical huh?

Ponce
14th July 2010, 06:17 PM
That's so wrong........

Grand Master Melon
15th July 2010, 03:47 AM
I don't see why a kindergartener needs to know all of the various body parts but I don't think it's completely unreasonable. Teaching fifth graders about anal sex seems way out of line.

What really should be taught is simply basic science and biology if anything is going to be taught at all. Diseases and body parts are really it, everything else should be covered by parents and the afformentioned should be as well.

I know that my children already know what the various body parts of each respective sex are. I didn't see any reason to lie or not explain to my daughter why her baby brother has a dangly thing between his legs. We taught her the real words but we generally refer to a vagina as a tulip and a penis as either a trumpet (ridiculous, I know) or a squidward. LOL

Ash_Williams
15th July 2010, 05:15 AM
I've never been a fan of schools teaching this, but the fact is that it's not too young.

Kids mature physically faster than mentally now. Your grade 5 kid may very likely have had a stiffy and wondered what was going on. You can absolutely not assume a 10 year old hasn't reached that level of physical maturity, even if they play super mario and giggle when someone says boob. I'm speaking from personal experience here.

I got my first sex ed in grade 7. At that time, it was too late (even though I had been skipped ahead in grade 4 and was a year younger than other grade 7ers). And, the stupid part, the sex ed was too "sciency" for me to understand that what they were talking about was something I had already done.

The kids are gonna start feeling things they won't understand and could be way earlier than you'd believe. It happened to me when I was wresting with this girl who was a year older than me, and nature took over with neither of us having any idea what was going on.

It has nothing to do with immorality. You can't teach a kid not to have sex when they don't understand what it is. You can't pretend that they're not getting older because you don't let them see anything rated PG13 or higher. Humans are all born with instinctive drives - we don't need to be taught what it is or how to do it, to be doing it. Sheltering provides no benefit.

Silver Rocket Bitches!
15th July 2010, 06:05 AM
Welcome to the New World Order where sex is separated from procreation at a young age. A very, VERY young age.

messianicdruid
15th July 2010, 06:26 AM
I've never been a fan of schools teaching this, but the fact is that it's not too young. Kids mature physically faster than mentally now.

Environmental stess causes early maturity. This is how they get chickens to lay so many eggs. The first instinct of all living things is to procreate {pass on genes} before they expire. Our children are reacting to all the poison, stress and fear in their environment.

Our children are entering puberty earlier and earlier. The answer is not to change our children, but to change their environment. This must be a group effort. If not, before long they will be taking their children to school with them, like baby dolls. Or elementary school drop-outs.

jetgraphics
15th July 2010, 06:40 AM
Humans are all born with instinctive drives - we don't need to be taught what it is or how to do it, to be doing it. Sheltering provides no benefit.

I disagree. One of the instinctive drives is mimicry. And an aspect of that mimicry is competition. Just look at the innumerable videos of reckless youth attempting a stunt that upstages something they've seen elsewhere. (Or watch an episode of "Jackass".)

The same can be said for sexual gratification and procreation. Sheltering immature youth from such information will limit their exploration, and reduce the impetus to go beyond. Once they're responsible adults, it's their own responsibility to deal with the consequences. But when they're the responsibility of another, sheltering is essential.

Ash_Williams
15th July 2010, 07:44 AM
I disagree. One of the instinctive drives is mimicry. And an aspect of that mimicry is competition. Just look at the innumerable videos of reckless youth attempting a stunt that upstages something they've seen elsewhere. (Or watch an episode of "Jackass".)

The same can be said for sexual gratification and procreation. Sheltering immature youth from such information will limit their exploration, and reduce the impetus to go beyond. Once they're responsible adults, it's their own responsibility to deal with the consequences. But when they're the responsibility of another, sheltering is essential.

I had never witnessed one sex act before I engaged in mine. I didn't know what I was doing or what it was called or why it was happening. I certainly had no plan or desire for it to happen. Neither did the girl. Neither did all of these kids who find their bodies just reacting one day. If sex had to be learned, the human race would have died off a long time ago.

If you are sheltering your kids they may very well do the same thing, with no idea what is happening or what consequences there could be. At least explain to them in terms they can understand, like if your willy gets hard when you're with a girl then just take a break from what you are doing and go ride bikes or something. And don't tell them when they're 13 because by then they've already heard it all from their friends and they'll think your an idiot old guy. I was at the same age as the oldest grade 5 kids would have been, and I didn't even have than pre-teen mustache going on yet (that came next year). I looked nothing like a kid that was mature enough to be even capable of it (I have grade 8 graduation pictures and I still didn't look old enough in them!) But I was, and I know by grade 7 a few other kids were too, 25% of the boys at least.

You have to be realistic and realize kids are possibly gonna do this before they're even old enough to understand any concept of what it is. They don't need to see it to do it any more than a baby needs to see you crawl to learn that. Telling them not to do it doesn't make any sense... like many things you don't know it's happening until it is, only then do you realize what the steps leading up to it were. That's why I think kids should know what arousal is and have some advice of what to do in that situation, before it goes too far and maybe has consequences (luckily it did not for me, but it entirely can.) A classmate of mine was not there for grade 7 because she had become pregnant over the summer. This was a small country school by the way, >50% of the kids went to church every sunday.

Now, why kids are maturing physically so quickly is another matter. It could be better nutrition or stress or the hormones in the milk or whatever. Either way, you have to be prepared for it to happen. Otherwise you're also sheltering yourself.