PDA

View Full Version : The Illusory Gold Bubble.....

Steal
15th July 2010, 11:24 AM
Yeah, its from kitco, but a good article none the less.

Today, the debt is due and owing and repayment is increasingly in doubt. Economics isn’t rocket science. It’s cause and effect and since the introduction of debt-based money, the primary cause of economic expansion has been credit.

The consequence of credit is its deadly effluvia, debt; and when the issuance of credit can no longer service or roll-over constantly compounding debt, parcus nex, economic death, otherwise known as the end game, ensues.

The enormous amount of government debt—total sovereign debt now totals $34 trillion dollars—can never be repaid. The end of the end-game will come when investors collectively realize this is so. That realization has not yet happened. When it does, for most it will be too late.

THE ILLUSORY GOLD BUBBLE

full article here (http://www.kitco.com/ind/schoon/jul142010.html)

gunDriller
15th July 2010, 11:46 AM
"When the end-game is over, gold will be far higher."

i guess to write an article like this you have to talk about the end-game as if it ends ... instead of just continuing.

when the end-game, is over, is that before or after martial law in the US ?

when the end-game, is over, is that before or after nuclear war ?

although i don't much care for his racism, i think Kunstler's term "the long emergency", and his other term "clusterfuck", are useful for describing our immediate economic future.

so i will say, during the long emergency, amidst all the clusterfucks (of which the BP disaster is one example), gold will tend to rise, as people world-wide lose faith in fiat currencies and the corrupt governments that represent them.

it is the popping of the bubble of those fiat currencies that makes it look like gold is in a bubble - to some people.