PDA

View Full Version : Shaman Buried With His Weed ,2700 yrs old

Serpo
15th July 2010, 03:54 PM
slide show

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/slideshows/marijuana-stash.html

ximmy
15th July 2010, 03:57 PM
A microscopic image of a cannabis leaf fragment from the sample. Note how the sample retained its green color, though the researchers point out no one could feel its effects today, due to decomposition over the millennia.

shucks!

Skirnir
15th July 2010, 04:09 PM
For that much weed, I will 'see' all kinds of divinely-inspired things, and then tell you about them. :P

Plastic
15th July 2010, 04:28 PM
For that much weed, I will 'see' all kinds of divinely-inspired things, and then tell you about them. :P

I "COULD" tell you about them, but I think it is best you found out for yourself. :P
smoke it if ya got it...

TheNocturnalEgyptian
15th July 2010, 04:31 PM
I guess he didn't use it in the afterlife, like he was planning?

Really cool pictures.

Plastic
15th July 2010, 04:37 PM
I agree Egypt, very cool pics.

TheNocturnalEgyptian
15th July 2010, 05:12 PM
It would be fascinating to know some of the ceremonies associated with its use. I wonder what awesome ceremonies/games/mental excerises have taken place with this herb over the centuries? I wonder how many of those ceremonies are lost forever to history?

Interestly enough I was just reading a timeline of peyote use in North America. It reminded me of this immediately.

Serpo
15th July 2010, 05:24 PM
I guess he didn't use it in the afterlife, like he was planning?

Really cool pictures.

Why not ,no potency left in it now so maybe he did use it

iOWNme
15th July 2010, 05:34 PM
Terrorist! ;D
Are they going to connect this to the Mexican Drug Cartels?

Or my new hero!

Those pics are incredible. 2700 yrs old.....Just amazing.

joe_momma
15th July 2010, 05:38 PM
If you do not hold it - You do not own it!

;D

iOWNme
15th July 2010, 05:48 PM
They found a seed also....

Dont tell Monsanto...... :o

woodman
15th July 2010, 06:49 PM
Authorities are holding the mummy. No bail has been set yet. It is expected that the local DA will argue 'flight risk' and seek maximum sentencing. After all, this man was obviously a leader and to set such a dangerous and irresponsible role for the young of the tribe, he must be a sadistic and twisted individual. He will probably be sentenced to eternity.

Hugginator
15th July 2010, 06:55 PM
Can't go without posting this-

Plastic
15th July 2010, 08:18 PM
If you do not hold it - You cannot smoke it!;D

Fix't ;)

cedarchopper
15th July 2010, 08:37 PM
This why nobody can remember the past ;]

BeefJerky
15th July 2010, 08:58 PM
Things really haven't changed much over time. ;D

JDRock
16th July 2010, 10:44 AM
...how did they know he had blue eyes ??

TheNocturnalEgyptian
16th July 2010, 10:47 AM

Did they do genetic testing? Only way I can think of.

JDRock
16th July 2010, 10:53 AM
....so white guys were in positions of authority ( shaman) in the gobi desert as well as king tut being found out to be white.......looks like white people are responsible for ALOT more than history is giving credit....

sirgonzo420
16th July 2010, 11:02 AM
....so white guys were in positions of authority ( shaman) in the gobi desert as well as king tut being found out to be white.......looks like white people are responsible for ALOT more than history is giving credit....

I can't say with 100% certainty that this site's information is completely accurate, but I found it to be interesting.

http://www.white-history.com/

bellevuebully
16th July 2010, 02:47 PM
"Before the burial someone carefully picked out the male plant parts..."

Are they implying the plant is a natural hermaphrodite? Better archeologists than they are botanists.

TheNocturnalEgyptian
16th July 2010, 03:48 PM

Are they implying the plant is a natural hermaphrodite? Better archeologists than they are botanists.

Recreational smokers only smoke the female flower buds. If the male plants are nearby and pollenate the females, the smoke is less effective. Very interesting that they already knew about this 3,000 years ago.

oldmansmith
16th July 2010, 04:51 PM

Recreational smokers only smoke the female flower buds. If the male plants are nearby and pollenate the females, the smoke is less effective. Very interesting that they already knew about this 3,000 years ago.

Human brains were of the same capacity a million years ago. They lacked the accumulated type of mechanical knowledge that we now have, but no doubt had tons of direct knowledge that we currently lack.

StackerKen
16th July 2010, 05:08 PM

Did they do genetic testing? Only way I can think of.

They also reconstructed his facial features and came up with this

http://thebsreport.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/spicoli.jpg?w=500

TheNocturnalEgyptian
16th July 2010, 06:13 PM
Genesis 1:29
Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.

http://i.imgur.com/cWwmK.jpg

ximmy
16th July 2010, 06:36 PM
It is Spiocoli ;D

StackerKen
16th July 2010, 06:40 PM
:ROFL: