PDA

View Full Version : new bill would make it illegal to grow trade sell food

cortez
17th July 2010, 06:35 AM
http://www.treeoflife.nu/gabriel-cousens-m-d/activism-outreach/bill-510/

cortez
17th July 2010, 06:37 AM
“If accepted [S 510] would preclude the public’s right to grow, own, trade, transport, share, feed and eat each and every food that nature makes. It will become the most offensive authority against the cultivation, trade and consumption of food and agricultural products of one’s choice. It will be unconstitutional and contrary to natural law or, if you like, the will of God.” It is similar to what India faced with imposition of the salt tax during British rule, only S 510 extends control over all food in the US, violating the fundamental human right to food." ~ Dr. Shiv Chopra, Canada Health whistleblower.

cortez
17th July 2010, 06:38 AM
History

In the 1990s, Bill Clinton introduced HACCP (Hazardous Analysis Critical Control Points) purportedly to deal with contamination in the meat industry. Clinton’s HACCP delighted the offending corporate (World Trade Organization “WTO”) meat packers since it allowed them to inspect themselves, eliminated thousands of local food processors (with no history of contamination), and centralized meat into their control. Monsanto promoted HACCP.

In 2008, Hillary Clinton, urged a powerful centralized food safety agency as part of her campaign for president. Her advisor was Mark Penn, CEO of Burson Marsteller*, a giant PR firm representing Monsanto. Clinton lost, but Clinton friends such as Rosa DeLauro, whose husband’s firm lists Monsanto as a progressive client and globalization as an area of expertise, introduced early versions of S 510.

Ares
17th July 2010, 06:50 AM
They can proclaim it all they like. But let them enforce it.

cortez
17th July 2010, 06:54 AM
been in commitee since nov 09

TheNocturnalEgyptian
17th July 2010, 10:41 AM
The entire point of civilization, someone might say, is to facilitate the exchange of food and survival goods. There are lots of tertiary events and caveats but for the most part, the reasons we're all together are 1) food sharing 2) communal protection from tigers and bears 3) grown lazy over time, couldn't leave society if we wanted to.

So if food sharing goes out the window, in what sense do we have a civilization, let alone an advanced one? I'm assuming that sharing cooked food with one another will be okay, it'll simply be the "raw stuff" that would be illegal.

I am me, I am free
17th July 2010, 10:44 AM
Does that bill outlaw long pig of the bureaucratic kind?

Hatha Sunahara
17th July 2010, 10:53 AM
There are some things that cannot be legislated. This is one of them.

This by itself shows how bankrupt the government has become. It makes all the other laws less worth obeying.

Hatha

keehah
17th July 2010, 11:38 AM
This is all part of Codex.

You can still sell food, but you would have to have all its paperwork in order and I expect, insurance for it.
And if the food can be made safer, it must be done at the expense of nutrition.

Sometimes, ie when texture and handling issues come to play, natural food is allowed. For example it is industry standard that frozen fruit such as blueberries and raspberries do not need to even be washed before freezing and packaging. But you should document your due diligence about avoiding bacterial contamination, sprays etc. on the farm and the irrigation water.

So you would have to learn and set up this Codex house of cards and procedures for your garden, or hire someone for this. Some, such as large industrial operations can absorb this cost. Others, such as the goat farmer I met with 10 goats who talks of a $30,000 pasteurization operation that will destroy nutrition in his product, will go broke.

I expect a main reason for this, is all the paperwork will make it harder to avoid taxes as the peasants barter between themselves for food.

One of my unanswered questions of what to do in life is to use existing skills to attempted a consultant career helping local farmers jump through these hoops. Would this just make me the local representative of the soiciopathic state taking way more than it should from the locals?

I am me, I am free
17th July 2010, 11:52 AM
Would this just make me the local representative of the soiciopathic state taking way more than it should from the locals?

yes

Instead I would suggest offering 'The three Ss 101'.

Apparition
17th July 2010, 12:20 PM
A similarly pathetic law has already been established since the corrupt SCOTUS decided Wickard v. Filburn in 1942.

oldmansmith
17th July 2010, 02:08 PM
The entire point of civilization, someone might say, is to facilitate the exchange of food and survival goods.

No, the point of civilization is for people in cities to live better than, and to suck the life out of, the people living in the country.

Phoenix
17th July 2010, 02:42 PM
That's nice. God put these beautiful green plants here for me to enjoy, grow, and enjoy again. I'll be happy to share them with anyone else.

I worship God, not government.

keehah
21st July 2010, 10:00 PM
Horror stories of US Agent raids stealing lives of adults who want to eat real food.

http://www.grist.org/article/food-five-tips-for-surviving-a-raid-on-your-farm-or-food-club/

peepnklown
21st July 2010, 10:34 PM
If this bill is accepted, we move into government ownership/control of everything!
We are slaves while the government is master.

illumin19
21st July 2010, 11:30 PM
I'm really hoping this passes 8)

There's something I like to call the "rubberband effect"........you push and pull something so much one way and it ends up shooting in the opposite direction.

Gaillo
22nd July 2010, 01:15 AM
When food is outlawed, only outlaws...

Ah forget it. It's too fvcking ridiculous to even try and finish the old forum cliche. We're truly living in bizarro-land, folks... and it's only going to get worse! >:(

Awoke
22nd July 2010, 06:21 AM
God gave us dominion over all plants and animal life. Fuck the government.