PDA

View Full Version : A masterpiece for a Saturday evening

I am me, I am free
17th July 2010, 03:59 PM
Still gives me chills - think what a charge it is to be a part of Ennio's orchestra.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDmuA5C4BkA

MNeagle
17th July 2010, 04:08 PM
Fantastic, thanks much!

Saul Mine
18th July 2010, 06:50 AM
Huge group. There seems to be almost as many people in the orchestra as in the audience.

Cebu_4_2
18th July 2010, 06:55 AM
some really cool old violins in there.

Ponce
18th July 2010, 08:40 AM
The version by "Metalica" is also pretty good, but I like this one better......

First post of the day...........good mornng to one and all.

I am me, I am free
18th July 2010, 08:47 AM

First post of the day...........good mornng to one and all.

Yeah it is, but I'm surprised hearing this from an ol' fart like you.

iOWNme
18th July 2010, 08:48 AM
Amazing....

Being a musician makes me appreciate the timing involved with that many musicians. Imagine a hundred people clapping at the EXACT same time (.1 seconds). Im not sure non-musicians will find the beauty in just the timing alone.

Timing is everything to music and humans. You have a heartbeat. You have electrical signals being conducted in concert with nerves, muscles, tendons etc. The valves in your heart, flux in perfect time, allowing for a biological symphony to be played out inside your body, millions of times per day.....

PEACE

General of Darkness
18th July 2010, 08:57 AM
I don't really care for U2's political b.s. but I really enjoyed Pavarotti with them in this live performance. They got talent, that's for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX6c5als1lk

Book
18th July 2010, 09:20 AM
Timing is everything to music and humans. You have a heartbeat.

http://www.lorettaalvarado.com/images/Music/HeartStrings-10inch.jpg
Heartstrings

By clicking directly on the Youtube link we can watch and listen (with good speakers or headphones) in 720P HD. This could evolve into a deep thread exploring the profound experience of human voices, instruments and hearts all vibrating and pulsating in unison with The Big Is. I imagine everyone in that video exited the hall emotionally elevated. Feelings are vibrations...

:)

Ponce
18th July 2010, 09:53 AM

First post of the day...........good morning to one and all.

Why? because I am a dumb Cuban refugee? would it surprised you if I like "The Barber Of Seville" or "Swan Lake" specially as danced by the Russian ballerina? or that I like "The Phantom of the Opera" or that I don't like Picasso but do like Rembram............even if I cannot spell their names I still like them.........is like when I used to go dancing and I was very popular, they all knew my name but I never knew theirs......to me that was not important.

Everyone only knows what I choose to show them and not who I really am.........

Trinity
18th July 2010, 11:29 AM
in unison with The Big Is.

What is the Big Is? Serious question.

I am me, I am free
18th July 2010, 11:47 AM

First post of the day...........good morning to one and all.

Why? because I am a dumb Cuban refugee? would it surprised you if I like "The Barber Of Seville" or "Swan Lake" specially as danced by the Russian ballerina? or that I like "The Phantom of the Opera" or that I don't like Picasso but do like Rembram............even if I cannot spell their names I still like them.........is like when I used to go dancing and I was very popular, they all knew my name but I never knew theirs......to me that was not important.

Everyone only knows what I choose to show them and not who I really am.........

No, because you're an ol' fart who enjoys heavy metal from the likes of Metallica.

Ponce
18th July 2010, 11:56 AM
Hahahahahahahha I never heard of them before........I only went to youtube and clicked on one with the same name of that piece.

the riot act
18th July 2010, 01:53 PM
By clicking directly on the Youtube link we can watch and listen (with good speakers or headphones) in 720P HD. This could evolve into a deep thread exploring the profound experience of human voices, instruments and hearts all vibrating and pulsating in unison with The Big Is. I imagine everyone in that video exited the hall emotionally elevated. Feelings are vibrations...

:)

Absolute outstanding suggestion sir Book!

7th trump
18th July 2010, 02:22 PM
The piano about a fourth of the way in this reminds me of a Clint Eastwood speghetti western.
I'm wondering now if this wasnt in the movie "The Good the Bad and the Ugly".

MNeagle
18th July 2010, 02:32 PM
The piano about a fourth of the way in this reminds me of a Clint Eastwood speghetti western.
I'm wondering now if this wasnt in the movie "The Good the Bad and the Ugly".

Yes, it is. Mentioned in the OP youtube title.

12. Ennio Morricone - ''The Ecstasy of Gold from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly''

Ponce
18th July 2010, 02:48 PM
Trump? this particular piece was in "A Fightfull Of Dollars"........it was when the crazy guy was running around the cemetery looking for the hidden gold.......what was the guys name? Wallack or something like that.

Rip Van Winkle
18th July 2010, 03:05 PM
Trump? this particular piece was in "A Fightfull Of Dollars"........it was when the crazy guy was running around the cemetery looking for the hidden gold.......what was the guys name? Wallack or something like that.

Tuco from the good the bad and the ugly