PDA

View Full Version : Watch: Gold Starts To Slip At Same Moment It Did Yesterday

MNeagle
20th July 2010, 04:47 AM
Watch: Gold Starts To Slip At Same Moment It Did Yesterday

Watch gold. In very early trading it's starting to tail off, right around the same time as yesterday. Regardless of intraday patterns real or perceived, the trend has been pretty clear, as the metal stalls out or grinds (a bit) lower each day.

http://static.businessinsider.com/image/4c456bd37f8b9a1667bb0900-571-357/chart.png

http://www.businessinsider.com/watch-gold-starts-to-slip-at-same-moment-it-did-yesterday-2010-7#ixzz0uDq4fqst

1970 silver art
20th July 2010, 04:58 AM
I guess that Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan, and the rest of the manipulators have their watches synchronized. I have noticed that too. I am guessing that is around between 9:30 AM and 10 AM or so but I do not know the exact time. Everytime that I see Kitco around that time, I see a huge drop off in gold. It might be safe bet to say that gold might do it again around the same time later this morning. We will see what happens.

gunDriller
20th July 2010, 05:17 AM
i notice they kick the price down in the NY Globex & London during the half hour before NYMex opens.

then there is more manipulation between 8 AM and about 2 PM Eastern time.

after that it seems to flatline or crawl slowly up.

wonder if silver will get down to $17 today.

i'm pretty sure gold will get down to $1170.

Johnkitty
20th July 2010, 09:16 PM
What can I say about the price of Gold? It had all of the factors set in place to rally on Friday as the Euro/USD traded above $1.30 and the equity markets were down some 2%. Yet Gold traded lower to the support of $1,180 and although I do recommend picking up some OTM calls here, one really has to wonder why this Gold market was so weak.

Glass
21st July 2010, 01:33 AM
The gold price is set each day from the UK. The fixers meet every day at the same time and determine the gold price going forward. You might find that the timing lines up. Each day they get a reset, making everyday a ground hog day.

Skirnir
21st July 2010, 04:20 AM
The gold price is set each day from the UK. The fixers meet every day at the same time and determine the gold price going forward. You might find that the timing lines up. Each day they get a reset, making everyday a ground hog day.

Not really; the five participants fix a price among themselves. This may influence the market, but it does not determine the price going forward; that is what the futures markets are for.

That said, what MNeagle observed may well have been coincidental; it did the opposite this morning.