PDA

View Full Version : Garlic Roasted Tomatoes

BabushkaLady
25th July 2010, 04:32 PM
I'm missing my garden this year! This is about the time I would be inundated with cherry tomatoes . . .

I usually put the really ripe ones into a large casserole dish and add fresh chopped garlic, salt and pepper. Then I drizzle them with olive oil and bake at around 400 degrees just until they start to burst open.

You can then toss this with any pasta and add fresh basil.

I usually have so many tomatoes that I make this almost every other day. Sometimes I let the entire casserole dish meld flavors in the fridge overnight. Then I drain and reserve the oil for another use and freeze the tomatoes. It is great added to spaghetti sauce in the winter.

MNeagle
25th July 2010, 04:39 PM
Sorry to hear you don't have tomato plants this year. Can you take advantage of a farmer's market?

Recipe sounds great, but it will be a while before my cherry tomatoes are ready. Have only eaten 3 so far that were ready!

Liz Anya
13th October 2010, 01:52 PM
I'm missing my garden this year! This is about the time I would be inundated with cherry tomatoes . . .

I usually put the really ripe ones into a large casserole dish and add fresh chopped garlic, salt and pepper. Then I drizzle them with olive oil and bake at around 400 degrees just until they start to burst open.

You can then toss this with any pasta and add fresh basil.

I usually have so many tomatoes that I make this almost every other day. Sometimes I let the entire casserole dish meld flavors in the fridge overnight. Then I drain and reserve the oil for another use and freeze the tomatoes. It is great added to spaghetti sauce in the winter.

Bummer to not have 'maters. I watched a neighbor's tomato garden go forgotten this summer... wanted so badly to climb the fence and pick them, but I held back. Didn't want to have to explain myself. I like Campari tomatoes... they're really nice. They work well on Margherita pizzas.
Here's a winner in my kitchen...
In a 9x13 pan, alternate sliced toms, zucchini and sliced fresh mozzarella... top with fresh basil, salt, pepper, garlic, olive oil... bake at 375 til cheese is bubbly-melty... soooooooo good on its own or atop your fave pasta!

madfranks
13th October 2010, 02:24 PM
Garlic roasted tomatoes, that sounds delicious!

I'm going to stop by the local farmer's market, pick some cherry tomatoes up and do this next time I make pasta!